Non RIR Discussion Only !

Yes, You are right they working fast to "Finish" the cases!

See my signature...
Hello Friends,

I recd RRI yesterday from DOL with NO resumes. Really appreciate that they are working fast to finish the cases.

recruitment period ended: April 11
RRI recd: April 17
PD: May 2002 EB2

Case closed.

mkk,
Could you list out the steps you followed while trying to reopen your case? Mine was closed before getting a chance to file the RI. We never recieved the Recruitment Filing Instructions.

See my signature...

My recruitment ended on March 26th. I checked my RI letter. It says "Resumes will be mailed no later than two weeks after the end of the 30-day recruitment period". Does it mean if no resumes have been received from BEC for 4 weeks after RI ended, the attorney should assume that there're no resumes and simply send the RR?

Ad removed from AJB

AJB removed my ad from the website today. Hoping it may take another month to complete the whole process.
---------------
NON RIR - EB3
State : WI
PD : 10/31/2003
45 Day letter : 04/2006
Ad Posted on AJB : 03/04/07
Ad Removed on AJB: 04/18/07
RI received on 03/29/07
D05187XXXXX

Yes, You are right they working fast to "Finish" the cases!

See my signature...
Hello Friends,

I recd RRI yesterday from DOL with NO resumes. Really appreciate that they are working fast to finish the cases.

recruitment period ended: April 11
RRI recd: April 17
PD: May 2002 EB2

My recruitment ended on March 26th. I checked my RI letter. It says "Resumes will be mailed no later than two weeks after the end of the 30-day recruitment period". Does it mean if no resumes have been received from BEC for 4 weeks after RI ended, the attorney should assume that there're no resumes and simply send the RR?
No, it doesn't. In any case, whether you have any resumes or not, your attorney/employer should receive recruitment report instructions package. Wait for 10 days after your recruitment period ends and if no RRI comes, bug your attorney/employer to contact BEC.

I dealt with those two BECs via my employer and I can tell you that they don't give a squat about all of us. They also make lots of mistakes. It seems to me that they are terribly underfunded and bitter. So push them to get your point across.

This would also explain all "case closed" messages.

Frustrating steps!! Hope no body has to go through this.

1. Emailed company lawyer/HR screen shot and asked what the *%#&?
2. Company Lawyer said "Don't worry be happy" we will look in to it.
3. Asked specific information mailing receipts and lot of questions but just got reply we are working on it wait for few weeks. I know they did send RR in time.
4. HR people can just console, We understand your pain (Do they?)
5. BEC rep admitted to paralegal it's due to some error.
6. RR was resent next day of closure. Email was sent subsequently
7. PBEC will not talk to even employer/manager will rudely ask lawyer to call.
8. Paralegals will not call promptly

I know it is not really Lawyer/HR's fault but
basically even after 4.5 years, our suffering continues...

That's why I agreed they are working fast to "Finish" cases as they are Backlog "Elimination" Centers.
mkk,
Could you list out the steps you followed while trying to reopen your case? Mine was closed before getting a chance to file the RI. We never recieved the Recruitment Filing Instructions.

Anyone with success reopening your case

Hi all,
Anyone out there who have succesfully got their case re-opened ??

Case Closed

Thanks mkk,
Mine is a similar story, only difference, they never send the RI filing instructions. Paralegal is "following Up' daily, or so it seems. I talked to BEC reps coupla times, but no use, was asked to fax a request to re-open. But nothing is happening.

1. Emailed company lawyer/HR screen shot and asked what the *%#&?
2. Company Lawyer said "Don't worry be happy" we will look in to it.
3. Asked specific information mailing receipts and lot of questions but just got reply we are working on it wait for few weeks. I know they did send RR in time.
4. HR people can just console, We understand your pain (Do they?)
5. BEC rep admitted to paralegal it's due to some error.
6. RR was resent next day of closure. Email was sent subsequently
7. PBEC will not talk to even employer/manager will rudely ask lawyer to call.
8. Paralegals will not call promptly

I know it is not really Lawyer/HR's fault but

That's why I agreed they are working fast to "Finish" cases as they are Backlog "Elimination" Centers.

Oh, how much I hear you! I wish those bastards were in our shoes. Just to share my experience with you. DBEC messed up the ad with AJB website when my recruitment period started. My company contacted them immediately. It took them 14 days to fix it -- just a simple online ad! So that you know...

Anyone out there who have succesfully got their case re-opened ??
Look earlier in the forums, also check NOF thread. I swear I saw someone who got their case reopened and even certified after that. Good luck!

No, it doesn't. In any case, whether you have any resumes or not, your attorney/employer should receive recruitment report instructions package. Wait for 10 days after your recruitment period ends and if no RRI comes, bug your attorney/employer to contact BEC.

I dealt with those two BECs via my employer and I can tell you that they don't give a squat about all of us. They also make lots of mistakes. It seems to me that they are terribly underfunded and bitter. So push them to get your point across.

This would also explain all "case closed" messages.
Thanks for replying dc2000. I'll contact the demigod Paralegal and see if she can be bothered to contact BEC as it's already been 3 weeks since the end of the RP.

My current status:

Job posted on AJB in March 2007
RR received in April 2007
Job posted in Local Newspaper April 2007 ( I think!)
Job notice posted at my work place in April 2007 (its still hanging, its more than 12 working days)
Job posting removed from AJB in April 2007

I'll try to keep you all posted on any new development.

One more thing online status says TR - In-Process

My PD = Feb 2003,
State = CA (SWA)
Type = Non-RIR(TR)
My case never got the oppurtunity to visit the Regional Office.

Case reopened

MKK and NJ-TR,

My case was closed in error like MKK on 3/13, the paralegal faxed the proof of filing of RR twice after that but nothing happened. I asked the attorney or the paralegal to call PBEC, but they refused and said nobody will answer the phone or somebody will just read the status from the system. I then asked our admin to call and she got the name of analyst of my case from the receptionist. Our admin called a couple of times and finally got hold of the analyst, and she found my case and forwarded that to the group handling the re-opening of the cases. So on 4/10, my online status changed to In Process. Today, our admin called the analyst again and the analyst said she still hasn't got my file back from that re-opening group and she doesn't know how long that's going to take. She also said, due to their lack of people working on cases, if a case doesn't enter into an analyst queue by a certain time, the software automatically closes the case. What a chaos... We are going to call her again next week, but there is nothing she can do to speed up the process.

Thanks

Thanks VA_09_02,
I called the PBEC number coupla times, and each time was told to wait atleast till the end of the month. As the norm for guys like us, have to deal with a paralegal, who keeps saying, she is following up, but nothing seems to be happening.

MKK and NJ-TR,

My case was closed in error like MKK on 3/13, the paralegal faxed the proof of filing of RR twice after that but nothing happened. I asked the attorney or the paralegal to call PBEC, but they refused and said nobody will answer the phone or somebody will just read the status from the system. I then asked our admin to call and she got the name of analyst of my case from the receptionist. Our admin called a couple of times and finally got hold of the analyst, and she found my case and forwarded that to the group handling the re-opening of the cases. So on 4/10, my online status changed to In Process. Today, our admin called the analyst again and the analyst said she still hasn't got my file back from that re-opening group and she doesn't know how long that's going to take. She also said, due to their lack of people working on cases, if a case doesn't enter into an analyst queue by a certain time, the software automatically closes the case. What a chaos... We are going to call her again next week, but there is nothing she can do to speed up the process.

Thanks for your input!!

Dear VA_09_02,

I really appreciate your input. I am also trying to have it re-opened with all the possiblities and will follow your route too.

Thanks.
MKK and NJ-TR,

Messed up Labor Certified

Guys my messed up labor was certified. It was not advertised in newspaper as required by the PBEC (1 day instead of the required 3). I had consulted couple of lawyers and everyone had said that it was a gone case. My co then tried to rectify by advertizing outside of the time window decided by the PBEC. This step seems to have worked. Another thing that may have worked in my favor is that PBEC didn't receive an resposne to my ad on AJB. My lawyer had told me that he was going to use this argument as a firefighting measure to negate the conseq of not advertizing on 3 consec days.

Following are my details:

State: NJ TR
PD: Feb 2003
Category: EB-2
AJB ad posting: 1st week of Dec
RI received: 3rd week of Dec
Case certified: 4/12/07
Certified copy received one week later

Be happy to answer any questions. Good luck to all of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time frame

Hello Guys,

What are the time lines after you submit Recruitment Report (did not receive any resumes). My attorney is working to get docs prepared for final report to DOL

DBEC
PD" May 2002
Recruitment period ended: April 11
RRI recd: April 16

Nof

hey everyone...didn't write in here for a while...since nothing to write about...anyways my manager recieved a NOF. "intent to deny" well i call my lawyer & she said she'll take care of it & is no big deal. well how many ppl here got NOF & what are the chances of approval?...thanks in advance..god bless.