Non RIR Discussion Only !

so_depressed said:
Goodphysq, could you please specify your PD and which BEC your case is stuck in? This would help others to know where the BEC is working at for TR cases.

Sure. Mine is with Dallas BRC and my PD is Sep 2001.

D-05136-17xxx

Looks to me they are processing Aug-sep 2001 time frame.

Thank you Goodphysq. My PD is April 2002 so I'm anxiously trying to figure out the pace that DBEC is working on. If in a few days we have people with PD of later month receive RI then we know they can post one month's case for every a few days, etc.

goodphysq said:
Sure. Mine is with Dallas BRC and my PD is Sep 2001.

D-05136-17xxx

Looks to me they are processing Aug-sep 2001 time frame.

Hi

they are not going by FIFO. I know many cases from Jan/Feb 2001 that have not yet been taken up. I don't know what the heck is going on ! All we know is something is happening.

kanke said:
Does this mean they are going by the FIFO. Can the rest of the 2001 crowd feel that their days are finally coming?
How is it possible now to go by FIFO when we see lot of 2004-2005 are getting cleared Don't get me wrong!Waiting for five years have made me take everything with a pinch of salt.

One thing I am sure is that DBEC has been stuck with 245 i cases till about a couple weeks ago (all posted ads are cooks, nannys, etc at that time) then it began to post a lot of IT related jobs. Then I knew my 3 colleagues with Aug.10 2001 PD got posted. Then we know 2 users of this thread with August 2001 PD received RI. And now everyday we see quite some IT jobs posted. See the trend? The thing is, I really do not know what is wrong with the 'many cases from Jan/Feb 2001 that have not yet been taken up'. Can those guys pls post a note here? I wonder if something special like they went through RIR-remanded, etc.

GCBy2010 said:
they are not going by FIFO. I know many cases from Jan/Feb 2001 that have not yet been taken up. I don't know what the heck is going on ! All we know is something is happening.

Are these 2004-2005 cases TR or RIR? We all know they are processing RIRs before TR cases. As far as I know, few cases after 2002 get cleared yet. However, if we look at the tracker, most of the TR cases before Aug.1, 2001 have been certified.
(I'm in DBEC myself so all I'm talking is about DBEC)

kanke said:
Does this mean they are going by the FIFO. Can the rest of the 2001 crowd feel that their days are finally coming?
How is it possible now to go by FIFO when we see lot of 2004-2005 are getting cleared Don't get me wrong!Waiting for five years have made me take everything with a pinch of salt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, totally understand the frustration but now at least you know that those 2004/2005 certifications are definitely RIRs so do not make yourself miserable when read that again :eek:) I do believe there is a light at the other end now. Expect your LC in 6 months or so is not that unrealistic.

kanke said:
I really did not check whether it was RIR or not.When I saw the PD as 2005 and it is certified, I just skipped them without reading details. I really want to pray and wish with all myheart what you are saying is right. My PD is Dec01.

so_depressed said:
Are these 2004-2005 cases TR or RIR? We all know they are processing RIRs before TR cases. As far as I know, few cases after 2002 get cleared yet. However, if we look at the tracker, most of the TR cases before Aug.1, 2001 have been certified.
(I'm in DBEC myself so all I'm talking is about DBEC)
I think there are hundreds of remanded cases from Jun-Jul 2001 are pending including mine. I saw even some cases from April 2001 in forum. They took 18 months to send recruitment instruction for these cases since BEC started( total time on case is more than 5.5 years ). I know my friend whose PD is July 2001 and did not receive recruitment instruction yet.

Yes I have heard about these remanded cases. It's really horrible that it appears that they are almost totally forgotten. This friend of yours with PD of July 2001 is also remanded, isn't (s)he?

stuck2001 said:
I think there are hundreds of remanded cases from Jun-Jul 2001 are pending including mine. I saw even some cases from April 2001 in forum. They took 18 months to send recruitment instruction for these cases since BEC started( total time on case is more than 5.5 years ). I know my friend whose PD is July 2001 and did not receive recruitment instruction yet.

so_depressed said:
Yes I have heard about these remanded cases. It's really horrible that it appears that they are almost totally forgotten. This friend of yours with PD of July 2001 is also remanded, isn't (s)he?
Yes. His July 2001 case is remanded and he did not hear anything yet.

Revieved RI

I am a silent reader of this forum. I thought of sharing information to you guys. I have seen my Ad on the Jobsearch website. I do not know whether my attorney received an RI's yet. I was planning to apply for TR->RIR conversion within days. Unfortunately :mad: , I saw my job on the website. I guess now I have to go through this RI pain. Unless there is any provision that, we could use the old recuritment efforts we did for TR-RIR conversion.

My PD:4/2003 from MA
Job seen on 12/14/2003
PBEC#: P-05171-73***

Good luck guys.. I will keep you posted...

Job Posted for the 2nd time

My Job was posted on 11/28/06. Disappeared on 12/01/06. Again posted on 12/16/2006. I have no idea whats going on. I just asked my attorney whether they received any RI. In my case the recruitment process was already completed on Dec 2004 and moved to Federal. From Federal, it got moved to the BEC.

The paralegal replied - "I notified BEC that recruitment already took place prior to case transfer from the SWA. I expect to hear some type of news in the next few weeks".

I am 100% sure that she has no idea of whats happening. I have no other choice other than to wait and see how it is getting played.

Don't worry. You are still qualified for conversion if you want. Here is what I got from HR:

The DOL will soon make a public, official announcement about these new
rules concerning conversion filings. Basically, DOL heard employers
concerns and complaints about wanting to pursue conversions, but fear of
getting (or already receiving) recruitment instructions. The DOL
responded to employers' concerns and will be providing a 'safe harbor'
for employers to use, if desired, to protect against receiving
recruitment instructions while pursuing conversions. Once DOL announces
their plan (expected very, very soon), even cases that have received
recruitment instructions, will be eligible for this safe harbor. This
is a good development from the DOL as it does provide, mostly, what
employers wanted, which is safety to pursue conversion without fear of
recruitment instructions that would cut off conversion possibility.

GC_Pain_03 said:
I am a silent reader of this forum. I thought of sharing information to you guys. I have seen my Ad on the Jobsearch website. I do not know whether my attorney received an RI's yet. I was planning to apply for TR->RIR conversion within days. Unfortunately :mad: , I saw my job on the website. I guess now I have to go through this RI pain. Unless there is any provision that, we could use the old recuritment efforts we did for TR-RIR conversion.

My PD:4/2003 from MA
Job seen on 12/14/2003
PBEC#: P-05171-73***

Good luck guys.. I will keep you posted...

Non-rir procedure

Hello,

Can anybody let me know the details of the procedure that follows the job posting by the DOL in non-rir applications? I can't seem to find the information anywhere on the net.

Thank you

confused!

Hello,

how's everyone? i've a question and i really need an answer, because i'm so

confused about something. So any insight on this will be really appreciated.

I've read on this forum and others that ppl jobs are being posted on AJB

withouth their knowledge and they haven't recieved any RI instructions.

The question is...can pbec do that, without letting the employer or the lawyer

know????????!!!

Bunch of remanded cases did not get RI

stuck2001 said:

We have a whole bunch of remanded cases here including me whose proiority date is between may 2001 and sept 2001 still waiting for RI, some of them have converted to PERM, waiting for the result.

Any way to find the latest job postings on AJB site?

i know how to find job postings using case number.

Waiting4Godot said:
Hello,

Can anybody let me know the details of the procedure that follows the job posting by the DOL in non-rir applications? I can't seem to find the information anywhere on the net.

Thank you
These are key points from old traditional recruitment process from 2004. As far as I understand lawyer should receive recruitment instruction ( RI ) within 2 weeks of AJB ( thinking about postal delays and other things ).

1) The analyst initiates the supervised recruitment effort by generating a recruitment instruction letter to the employer , and registering a job order with America's Job Bank (AJB).

2) The automaticallygenerated letter instructs the employer to draft a newspaper ad for the position offered to the alien and get the draft ad to the DOL within seven days of receipt of the letter.

3) At the conclusion of the 30-day recruitment period, the employer must provide the DOL with a written report of all recruitment efforts and their results. Failure to provide the recruitment report within 45 days of the conclusion of the recruitment period will result in a cancellation of the filing date

Last edited by a moderator:
finding jobs?

remandedDude said:
Any way to find the latest job postings on AJB site?

i know how to find job postings using case number.

Hey, how you doing?
Could you please let me know how to find jobs
using cases numbers?
I'll really appreciate it.
Thank you :D

April 2001 LC EB3 TR.

I too have been waiting for 5 yrs now for just LC from DBEC.
8 weeks ago my attorney received an analysts review which had 3 problems with my LC :
1. Job description tailored to applicants qualifications.
2. Job desription to resrictive in description.
3. Wage to low (making $54.00) they want $92.00 an hour.
So we addressed all issues and faxed and fedex back all paper work before the deadline.Still have not heard anything and not received any RI (LC filed in TR) i am starting to stress but attorney tells me to chill because it usually takes 3 months or more for any reply.
Anyboby else in a similar situation or had Analysts Review letter before RI or anybody have any advice.
I hope this nightmare ends for us soon.

bpc2001 said:
Don't worry. You are still qualified for conversion if you want. Here is what I got from HR:

The DOL will soon make a public, official announcement about these new
rules concerning conversion filings. Basically, DOL heard employers
concerns and complaints about wanting to pursue conversions, but fear of
getting (or already receiving) recruitment instructions. The DOL
responded to employers' concerns and will be providing a 'safe harbor'
for employers to use, if desired, to protect against receiving
recruitment instructions while pursuing conversions. Once DOL announces
their plan (expected very, very soon), even cases that have received
recruitment instructions, will be eligible for this safe harbor. This
is a good development from the DOL as it does provide, mostly, what
employers wanted, which is safety to pursue conversion without fear of
recruitment instructions that would cut off conversion possibility.

Is the RiR conversion expected to be quicker than the traditional route if you received RI, say 3 weeks ago? Does anyone know how quickly the RiR conversion requests will be processed? I know that the DoL actually had this conversion process available in 2001 or 2002 but only for earlier cases. Does anyone who went through that process back then have any idea of how much time was involved for the conversion and eventual approval of LC?