Non RIR Discussion Only !

BEC Number

I still do not understand something about the BEC number P-05031-4XXX. Someone has ones written that the first part of the number indicates when the case was either entered or arrived at the BEC? How do you interpret that? If I understand it correctly, then there is a proof that there is no FIFO. I am in 05031 where most of the jobs are in 051XX .Can someone please elaborate on this? Thank you!

Nobody ensured that. However, it is common sense that the recruitment process is much easier for RIR. For my company, the employer does not want to do supervised recruitment. They prefer all recruitment is RIR.

vsaminat said:
Is the RiR conversion expected to be quicker than the traditional route if you received RI, say 3 weeks ago? Does anyone know how quickly the RiR conversion requests will be processed? I know that the DoL actually had this conversion process available in 2001 or 2002 but only for earlier cases. Does anyone who went through that process back then have any idea of how much time was involved for the conversion and eventual approval of LC?

Lc Certified!! Rir Conversion

Hello everyone,
I am very happy to inform you that my LC shows online CERTIFIED!! Here is my information:

Filing Type: Non-RIR EB3
Original Filing State: IL / never made it to regional
Currently at: DBEC
Priority Date: May 9, 2004
45 Day Letter: Recieved & replied on June 1, 2006
Sent out RIR conversion request : 05 Dec 2006
Online status shows CERTIFIED : 19 Dec 2006

Note it took less than 15 days to get LC CERTIFIED after RIR conversion request!!!
Attorney used PERM recuirtment for other employer (same position as mine) in our company in the RIR conversion request.

Take care everybody, and good luck!!

If your company prefers RIR, why is yours NON-RIR?
bpc2001 said:
Nobody ensured that. However, it is common sense that the recruitment process is much easier for RIR. For my company, the employer does not want to do supervised recruitment. They prefer all recruitment is RIR.

this is really encouraging. just wonder after you filed your conversion, did you get any update from DBEC regarding your conversion approval before your case gets certified. my company submitted my conversion on 12/12. I hope what happened to your case is consistent for all conversion requests. but I do know many of our conversions filed back in Jan are not processed at all. so really don't know how DBEC is handling such request. they said there will be a dedicated queue. however, god knows what will happen.

Another RI

Another RI for Feb. 25, 2002 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mine is April 2002, hope the trend keeps going. Here is what I copied from the thread (don't know how to link):

Yesterday I received Recruitment Letter for my Traditional Labor Certification from the Dallas BEC.

User Name: slk5
SWA: Wisconsin
EB3 - Regular/Traditional
PD - 25-FEB-02
45 Day Letter received: 14-Feb-06
ETA#: D-05139-XXXXX
RD - "NO TRANSFER"
Recruitment Instructions: 18-Dec-06

anstoss214 said:
this is really encouraging. just wonder after you filed your conversion, did you get any update from DBEC regarding your conversion approval before your case gets certified.

No we did not get any update from DBEC regarding the conversion, just the online status now showing CERTIFIED. I wish you all the luck!

My PD is also April 2002. Non RiR Case from Texas.

It was originally filed as RIR, went to Dallas DOL. Got NOF/RFE. Lawyer replied BUT 2 DAYS AFTER DEADLINE. So my case converted back to regular. Since then I am in waiting to get my labor approved.

Do you guys think I have to do the recruitment again.

so_depressed, we have same PDs, please let me know if you hear anything about ur case.

Thanks

SWA: Austin, TX
EB3 - Regular/Traditional (WAS RIR)
PD - 08-APRIL-02
45 Day Letter received: 03-MARCH-2006
ETA#: D-05221-96XXX

Waiting to get it approved

Congratulation

Amazing. You are lucky.
Good Luck with the rest.

stillwaiting06 said:
Hello everyone,
I am very happy to inform you that my LC shows online CERTIFIED!! Here is my information:

Filing Type: Non-RIR EB3
Original Filing State: IL / never made it to regional
Currently at: DBEC
Priority Date: May 9, 2004
45 Day Letter: Recieved & replied on June 1, 2006
Sent out RIR conversion request : 05 Dec 2006
Online status shows CERTIFIED : 19 Dec 2006

Note it took less than 15 days to get LC CERTIFIED after RIR conversion request!!!
Attorney used PERM recuirtment for other employer (same position as mine) in our company in the RIR conversion request.

Take care everybody, and good luck!!

Vexlak,

05031 means your case was entered into the BEC system on the 31st day of 2005 (January 31, 2005). You are right, there is absolutely no order in which they post Ads or send RIs (no FIFO).

My case was filed as RIR, but later got remanded to state. My 7th and 8th year H-1B extensions were filed based on a certain ETA# (D-05089-XXXXX). I received my 45-day letter in Nov 2006 which had a different ETA #(D-05140-XXXXX). I think this was because some cases were "Withdrawn" by the BEC system due to multiple filings (I have a PERM case approved for a different position with the same company).

Anyway, I see some ads for 052XX also on AJB. And I don't understand why they can not do FIFO now. They have all cases entered into their system.....and should be able to sort them by date. I can understand your pain waiting for 5+ years. RIR conversions seem to be working well for some members of this group....are you considering it?

vexlak said:
I still do not understand something about the BEC number P-05031-4XXX. Someone has ones written that the first part of the number indicates when the case was either entered or arrived at the BEC? How do you interpret that? If I understand it correctly, then there is a proof that there is no FIFO. I am in 05031 where most of the jobs are in 051XX .Can someone please elaborate on this? Thank you!

Sure will. And I hope everyone watching this thread will do the same thing, post their priority date and the date they receive RI here.

Malik_Labor said:
My PD is also April 2002. Non RiR Case from Texas.

It was originally filed as RIR, went to Dallas DOL. Got NOF/RFE. Lawyer replied BUT 2 DAYS AFTER DEADLINE. So my case converted back to regular. Since then I am in waiting to get my labor approved.

Do you guys think I have to do the recruitment again.

so_depressed, we have same PDs, please let me know if you hear anything about ur case.

Thanks

SWA: Austin, TX
EB3 - Regular/Traditional (WAS RIR)
PD - 08-APRIL-02
45 Day Letter received: 03-MARCH-2006
ETA#: D-05221-96XXX

Waiting to get it approved

BECs seem stop posting on AJB

Yestoday DBEC posted only 9 ads and today 0 so far. PBEC posted only 1 today. Wonder what the heck they are doing. Really really hate this.

so_depressed said:
Yestoday DBEC posted only 9 ads and today 0 so far. PBEC posted only 1 today. Wonder what the heck they are doing. Really really hate this.
I think it's the expected Xmas and new year slowdown.

Latest updates from Oh

12/20/2006: New Multiple PERM Filing Policy (AILA-DOL Liaison Minute)

* 1st Approved PERM and 2nd PERM filing for the same position: Automatically denied.
* 1st Approved PERM and 2nd PERM filing for the different position: Audit with request for return of the first application or an explanation of why there is a second application being filed and the first application cannot be returned.

12/20/2006: PERM Processing Statistics (AILA-DOL Liaison Minute)

* Case Processing Statistics:
o Total Received since PERM started on March 28, 2006: 160,000
o Total Certified : 73%
o Total Certified During Period of 10/01/2005-10/01/2006: 80,000
o Total Denials: 24% of total applications received
* Processing Times:
o 48%: Within 30 days
o 20%: From 31 days to 60 days
o 24%: Denials
o 28%: Currently in Sponsorship and Analysts Review which were filed before 07/01/2006.

12/20/2006: BEC Status of Processing Cases as of 12/11/2006

* AILA-DOL liaison minute indicates the following statistics:
o Total Pending Cases: 142,418
o Total Pending RIR Cases: 59,328 (41%)
o Total Pending TR cases: 85,608 (59%)
* For TR Cases:
o All the job orders placed by 04/01/2007
o All the recruitment to be completed by 06/01/2007. [Matthew Oh note: In the recent AILA seminar, the Chief stated that they would be able to eliminate all the backlog cases by the end of September 2007 as scheduled.]
* RIR Conversion Guidance Announcement Imminent: They will publish it in the FAQ. Watch for the FAQ updates.

12/20/2006: 12/05/2006 Important USCIS Memorandum for Guidance on Determing Periods of Admission for Aliens Previouslyt in H-4 or L-2 Status; Aliens Applyting for Additional Periods of Admission beyond the H-1B Six Year Maximum; and Aliens Who have not Exhausted the Six-Year Maximum But Who Have Been Absent from the U.S. for Over One Year

* The USCIS HQ Director of Domestic Operation, Michael Aytes, issued this memorandum on 12/05/2006 and has made this memorandum available to the public today. This memorandum is extremely important as people can see from the following extracts, among others:
o Time spent as an H-4 and L-2 does not count against the maximum allowable periods of stay available to principals in H-1B (six-years) and L-1(five-year for L-1B and seven-year for L-1A) status;
o H-1B aliens need not be in H-1B status in seeking H-1B extension beyond the six-year limit if the aliens are eligible for AC-21 Section 106(a) and 104(c);
o Guidance for how to determine the maximum period of admission in H-1B status for less than the six-year maximum period of admission, but who has since been outside the U.S. for more than one year.
* We find this memorandum extremely important for the aliens in H or L visa status. We will explore the implications of this memorandum in the context of hypothetical facts. We ask the readers to start visiting our "Hypothetical Facts and Legal Analysis (II)" page to learn more about impact of this memorandum on individuals. For the full text of the memorandum, please click here.

DOL can't count :)

I saw these numbers at immigration-law.com

* Total Pending Cases: 142,418
* Total Pending RIR Cases: 59,328 (41%)
* Total Pending TR cases: 85,608 (59%)

Adding the RIR and TR gives

59328 + 85608 = 144936

This is how they count aahmmmn :)

-Bruce

Hangin2001 said:
Vexlak,

05031 means your case was entered into the BEC system on the 31st day of 2005 (January 31, 2005). You are right, there is absolutely no order in which they post Ads or send RIs (no FIFO).

My case was filed as RIR, but later got remanded to state. My 7th and 8th year H-1B extensions were filed based on a certain ETA# (D-05089-XXXXX). I received my 45-day letter in Nov 2006 which had a different ETA #(D-05140-XXXXX). I think this was because some cases were "Withdrawn" by the BEC system due to multiple filings (I have a PERM case approved for a different position with the same company).

Anyway, I see some ads for 052XX also on AJB. And I don't understand why they can not do FIFO now. They have all cases entered into their system.....and should be able to sort them by date. I can understand your pain waiting for 5+ years. RIR conversions seem to be working well for some members of this group....are you considering it?

Thank you for your explanation. To answer your question about conversion is simple and it shows how one is the system victim. Immediately after they announced that the conversion was available, my company was willing to get along and convert. However we held it back because we noticed that jobs with similar BEC numbers to mine (see below) were posted on AJB. So we though it would get posted soon and as we all know the conversion steps would be obsolete if they would get you the RI. Close to three months later (I really hate it) no RI was received. Now more then before we believe that they would post the job thus the conversion makes no sense. Hoping that a change would be made soon. I called the PBEC (in name of my employer) and asked if there is something wrong with the case. There was a lady (fairly nice) she pulled the case and stated that there is nothing wrong with it but she cannot say when will it be processed. If we only knew what in the world are these BEC’s doing.

uhh?

For TR Cases:

what does the above phrase means?
i'm confused.
any insights will be apprecitated. :-]

It means that the BECs would have posted Ads for all TR cases on the AJB website by that day.

But looking at the number of pending cases (85,608) it doesn't seem very likely. Let us assume both the BECs have equal number of pending cases (actually PBEC is way ahead of DBEC). Starting 12/22/06 there are a maxumum of 65 working days until 4/1/2007, which means each BEC has to post 658 Ads every day. I don't think they are posting Ads at that rate currently.

By the way, you may want to change your username to "waitingfor5+yrs". I am in a similar situation, my PD is just a few days behind yours.

Waitingfor4+yrs said:
For TR Cases:

what does the above phrase means?
i'm confused.
any insights will be apprecitated. :-]