Non RIR Discussion Only !

haha yes.

thanks for responding hanging2001 :D
btw i did change my screenname to waitingfor5+yrs
but it won't let me sign in.
oh well.
thanks again :D

Average so far just about 200 ads a day. But the single one special day I observed that more than 800 ads posted from DBEC. So if they really want to do it, they can.
Hangin2001 said:
It means that the BECs would have posted Ads for all TR cases on the AJB website by that day.

But looking at the number of pending cases (85,608) it doesn't seem very likely. Let us assume both the BECs have equal number of pending cases (actually PBEC is way ahead of DBEC). Starting 12/22/06 there are a maxumum of 65 working days until 4/1/2007, which means each BEC has to post 658 Ads every day. I don't think they are posting Ads at that rate currently.

By the way, you may want to change your username to "waitingfor5+yrs". I am in a similar situation, my PD is just a few days behind yours.

Hangin2001 said:
It means that the BECs would have posted Ads for all TR cases on the AJB website by that day.

But looking at the number of pending cases (85,608) it doesn't seem very likely. Let us assume both the BECs have equal number of pending cases (actually PBEC is way ahead of DBEC). Starting 12/22/06 there are a maxumum of 65 working days until 4/1/2007, which means each BEC has to post 658 Ads every day. I don't think they are posting Ads at that rate currently.

A possibility is also that are relining on TR>>RIR conversions. :rolleyes: Also, they may certify certain jobs that were advertised and certified within 1-2 months. Assuming a job that was just advertised and it is in the same job description in the same region, and it drew no responders repeating is a waste of time and effort. However that is just a dream. That would be to logical and therefore complicated for them. :D

Need Assistance.....

I filed my ETA 9089 recently (Permanent Employment Certification) with DOL and got my C-xxxxxxx number.......
Is there a way to track this application online... and if so, please advise me with the link ....
Thanks and Happy Holidays!!!!

txtramdream said:
DOL posted a new FAQ about TR-->RIR conversion this morning.

http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/
http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/pdf/backlog_faqs_12-22-06.pdf

Haven't seen any comments from Mr. Oh's law firm. What do you all think about this one? My PD is 06/2002, and the lawyer is really hestitate to help on conversion. If DOL will issue all job orders by 4/1/07, I don't see a point for my conversion.

Happy holidays to you all. Hope we will have a labor clear year next year.

I was waiting for this memo before considering RIR conversion. I spoke to my attorney today, and we've decided to go ahead with it now that a "safe harbor" policy has been announced. Of course, its going to be expensive. I have also been conflicted between waiting on TR versus going for RIR. My decision is purely based on the fact that I want to be pro-active rather than reactive now. Deadlines have been stated and re-stated in the past, I am just not sure if I wanted to sit around any more.

so_depressed/Hangin2001 - Just a caveat that BEC are not posting all the jobs. My recruitment instruction was received in first week of Dec and I have not seen my job yet on AJB. I am sure there are many more cases like me. I don't know what the criteria are for the posting jobs in AJB.

So, "All the job orders placed by 04/01/2007" may mean either the job posted by your firm/lawyer or by BEC on AJB.

For my case my lawyer informed me today that the newspaper adv. for my labor was posted on last weekend - meaning that the 75 day recruitment clock started last week and would end in first week of March. I am hoping to get the certification by March end.

TB
Priority Date: Aug' 2003 (EB3)

Very good point tb2904.
Are you in PBEC or DBEC? I know that there are TR cases from MA in 2003 somehow got picked up. Good luck for you and those guys but I have to say I really feel down if you have a PD more than one year later than mine (April 2002) and get RI before me. Of course no offense to you. Just pissed off by the BEC :eek:)

tb2904 said:
so_depressed/Hangin2001 - Just a caveat that BEC are not posting all the jobs. My recruitment instruction was received in first week of Dec and I have not seen my job yet on AJB. I am sure there are many more cases like me. I don't know what the criteria are for the posting jobs in AJB.

So, "All the job orders placed by 04/01/2007" may mean either the job posted by your firm/lawyer or by BEC on AJB.

For my case my lawyer informed me today that the newspaper adv. for my labor was posted on last weekend - meaning that the 75 day recruitment clock started last week and would end in first week of March. I am hoping to get the certification by March end.

TB
Priority Date: Aug' 2003 (EB3)

No FIFO at BEC's

I am in PBEC (VA state) and I know it's not fair that there are guys who have yet to receive the RI with priority date prior than mine.

I mentioned in one of my previous post, I think they are going by the "boxes" they received from State SWA's. Do you know if someone from the same state as you has received the RI?

so_depressed said:
Very good point tb2904.
Are you in PBEC or DBEC? I know that there are TR cases from MA in 2003 somehow got picked up. Good luck for you and those guys but I have to say I really feel down if you have a PD more than one year later than mine (April 2002) and get RI before me. Of course no offense to you. Just pissed off by the BEC :eek:)

Last edited by a moderator:
No Recruitment Instruction after 2 weeks on AJB

My job has been posted on AJB more than 2 weeks earlier. My lawyer did not get recruitment instruction. Is anyone currently or had been in same situation ! Please share your expertise or experience ?

Also, anyone heard any approval for remanded case from 2001 who did not go for conversion or PERM ?

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
I was waiting for this memo before considering RIR conversion. I spoke to my attorney today, and we've decided to go ahead with it now that a "safe harbor" policy has been announced. Of course, its going to be expensive. I have also been conflicted between waiting on TR versus going for RIR. My decision is purely based on the fact that I want to be pro-active rather than reactive now. Deadlines have been stated and re-stated in the past, I am just not sure if I wanted to sit around any more.
Hi
How much will be the expense for the conversion? Just wanted to know.
Thanks

Nope, but I saw ads of three guys in my company (they have finished recruitment before cases sent to DBEC) got posted on AJB about 1 week - 10 days ago. They have the same first 5 digit number case number. So they could be in the same 'box' as you mentioned. But not all UTAH cases are in the same 'box' I guess.

tb2904 said:
I am in PBEC (VA state) and I know it's not fair that there are guys who have yet to receive the RI with priority date prior than mine.

I mentioned in one of my previous post, I think they are going by the "boxes" they received from State SWA's. Do you know if someone from the same state as you has received the RI?

so_depressed said:
Nope, but I saw ads of three guys in my company (they have finished recruitment before cases sent to DBEC) got posted on AJB about 1 week - 10 days ago. They have the same first 5 digit number case number. So they could be in the same 'box' as you mentioned. But not all UTAH cases are in the same 'box' I guess.
Did they receive recruitment instruction ? I did not receive recruitment instruction after my job was posted on AJB more than 2 weeks ago.

Did anyone remanded from 2001 got approved without PERM or RIR conversion in your knownledge ?

status

Hi,

Once the RI is placed in AJB or received by the lawyer, does the online status change from "in process" to something else?

Thanks

I have not asked because the ads has salary information and that's sensitive in the company. But I probably will hear something later and will post here.
I kind of remeber a post that meant 'yes' to your last question.

stuck2001 said:
Did they receive recruitment instruction ? I did not receive recruitment instruction after my job was posted on AJB more than 2 weeks ago.

Did anyone remanded from 2001 got approved without PERM or RIR conversion in your knownledge ?

jay1971 said:
Hi,

Once the RI is placed in AJB or received by the lawyer, does the online status change from "in process" to something else?

Thanks
I see my AD in AJB but my status is still "IN PROCESS". But, I may be odd case, as my lawyer did not receive recruitment instruction yet.

My case is similar to yours. I saw my ad in AJB on Dec 6th.
My attorney also received RI one week later.
Your attorney should have got RI by now.

stuck2001 said:

Here is my experience (Note: All these are assumptions based on reading the threads. Please take my assumptions as suppositions not as facts - as BEC’s have never told anyone what the facts are)

1. BEC Case numbers across the State's are not in the order of the priority date. One of the reasons may be that they entered the cases into the database as they received them from State SWA's (when BEC was created). It makes sense since it would have taken a huge amount of time to collect the cases from all the States and then sort the applications manually by priority dates before entering them.

2. BEC Case numbers within a State are more or less in order by the case type - RIR and TR. Reason may be that the 'boxes' that States sent to BEC had the applications in order of the priority dates.

3. BEC’s have entered minimal required details about the cases in the database. For other details like job description they still need to browse through the paper applications ('boxes') they received from State SWA's. These 'boxes' has been assigned to the analyst working on the TR cases. Since the number of analysts are few, some of the analyst have more than one State assigned to them. Cases from the bigger States like NY, NJ, VA etc. are handled by multiple analysts. Analysts are going by the cases in the boxes and posting the jobs in AJB and/or are sending the RI's to employer/lawyer.

Based on the above assumptions I started tracking the cases from VA. Since my employer (based in VA) always files the labor from VA irrespective of the location of the employees, I started following the VA cases in AJB and Indeed.com (by filtering the cases by my employers’ zip code). The job orders in AJB have the case number in it - it was more or less in order. When the case number for VA reached close to my case number I had a feeling that my cases would be posted shortly. It never did. But, within two weeks my employer received the RI.

Hope it helps.

so_depressed said:

New FAQ for TR-RIR conversion posted here. Now, a pending LC case is eligible for conversion even if the Recruitment process was already initiated by BEC.

manwithnoname said:
New FAQ for TR-RIR conversion posted here. Now, a pending LC case is eligible for conversion even if the Recruitment process was already initiated by BEC.

do ppl really want to convert?
since this whole thing will be over in 9 months?
i think ppl will just waste their money.