Non RIR Discussion Only !

wow!!

if they do start sending out recruitment instructions...thats great news....
makes the weekend so much better

This is Great News

Folks,

This is great news. You never know....the BECs may actually be on track to finish the backlog by Sept 07. Lets all hope for the best.

Format of Case ID

sachv_ said:
if they do start sending out recruitment instructions...thats great news....
makes the weekend so much better
Sachv,

I have a question for you. How come your case ID is P-05140-30***? Don't non-RIR cases which never went to regional look like T-05140-*****? Does the T become P after the 45 day letter has been mailed and the data entry has been done?

-Ranga

Another from Oh's website

cuaderno said:

Hey guys,

I went to check the above website and there is another good news:

06/23/2006: BECs to Make Availalable "Processing Times Reports" and "Status Check" Online Effective End of July

* People will remember that this web site urged the DOL to start processing times reports and status check sites on the DOL website just like the USCIS. Now we have a good news. The DOL will indeed post online status check and processing time report sites in its website as early as the end of next month, July 2006. For the status check, people will need case numbers. Accordingly, those who have yet to receive 45-day letters will take a little bit longer to use the status check site.

How about TR which already pass the recruitment stage before passing to BEC?

It is great to see some encouraging news for TR cases. You guys rocks.

How about the TR cases that had finished the recruitment and stuck in BEC? Any news for those?

Thanks,

GCpuzzles

Signiture:

PD: May 2002
RD: NOV 2003
TR EB2
State: Arizona
DOL: CA
DBEC

labor_headache

labor_headache said:
Sachv,

I have a question for you. How come your case ID is P-05140-30***? Don't non-RIR cases which never went to regional look like T-05140-*****? Does the T become P after the 45 day letter has been mailed and the data entry has been done?

-Ranga
thats right...once the data entry is done the T is changed to P for PBEC and
D for DBEC...and once the data entry is done.. you will get the 45 day letter.

hope this helps...

How long will DBEC take to send out ad instructions ?

Guys,

DBEC will "START" sending ad instructions from mid July 2006.

So, the DBEC person will physically pick an application from a box, by their so called "FIFO", read and determine the ONET classification, see the PWD, make the PWD letter, prepare and type the ad instructions letter, then mail all this to postal address by snail mail. Remember, the screen shot still does not have the ONET and PWD filled in. The data base has only the fields that you see in the screen shot, rest all info is still in paper form in the boxes. The PWD till now was done by the numerous individual SWAs.
This process they will start with the tens of thousands of 245i cases from april 2001, which are basically treated as NON-RIR/TR .

1. What is your guessitmate of how many NON-RIR/TR cases are pending with DBEC ? What is your guess for the yearwise breakup?

2. If so, then what is your guess of how many thousand cases ad instructions will DBEC be able to send, alongwith PWD letter, per month ?

Last edited by a moderator:
GCpuzzles said:
It is great to see some encouraging news for TR cases. You guys rocks.

How about the TR cases that had finished the recruitment and stuck in BEC? Any news for those?

Thanks,

GCpuzzles

Signiture:

PD: May 2002
RD: NOV 2003
TR EB2
State: Arizona
DOL: CA
DBEC

This applies ONLY to cases transferred to BEC's from SWA(no recruitment done). this also does not apply to cases remanded back to state from dol(my best guess is these remanded cases will be treated as rir cases and processed), now please don't ask me my source of info etc...., this is my best guess only, and based on recent remanded case with pd july 2001 being approved without recruitment instructions.

My guess to processing TR

My guess(and only guess) is that BEC already has all the information from the from ETA Form 750A and 750B digitized(captured/entered in a database). Its quite easy to automatically determine PWD and ONET for each application. I dont think they need to refer back to the paper applications.

gc_maze said:
Guys,

DBEC will "START" sending ad instructions from mid July 2006.

So, the DBEC person will physically pick an application from a box, by their so called "FIFO", read and determine the ONET classification, see the PWD, make the PWD letter, prepare and type the ad instructions letter, then mail all this to postal address by snail mail. Remember, the screen shot still does not have the ONET and PWD filled in. The data base has only the fields that you see in the screen shot, rest all info is still in paper form in the boxes. The PWD till now was done by the numerous individual SWAs.
This process they will start with the tens of thousands of 245i cases from april 2001, which are basically treated as NON-RIR/TR .

1. What is your guessitmate of how many NON-RIR/TR cases are pending with DBEC ? What is your guess for the yearwise breakup?
Since the total is 365K, I read somewhere that the 245i might make up around 250-300k. The above article mentions that DOL is FIRMLY committed to eliminating backlogs by Sep 2007, thats only 15 months away. For about 300k cases, it means 20k cases/month. And spliting between BEC's thats 10k/month for DBEC. Since my PD is around Aug 2002, I am guessing it would take 10-12 months before they reach my case.

2. If so, then what is your guess of how many thousand cases ad instructions will DBEC be able to send, alongwith PWD letter, per month ?
Around 10k/month will need to be adjunicated so achieve the Sep 2007 deadline.

Here are numbers reported by DOL

I was searching on Mathew Oh's site and found this update for BEC posted on 04/06/2006

# Backlog Cases:
# Total Received: 363,000+
# Total Completed: 108,000+
# Total Certified: 50,000
<B># Balance: 255,000 <B>

Out of that I guess the 245i cases might be around 200k. With 15 months left, I think the procesing speed will be 17kcases/month and around 8.5kcases DBEC/month. So 245i (upto PD May 01 2002) cases might take around 10-12 months. Most sites sites report 245i cases to be around 345k with most of them still stuck in BECs. But the latest update from BEC(April 2006) puts the total cases at 255k so I am assuming the rest might be family based or already adjunicated. Also BEC has not reported on the % of cases that did not respond to the 45-day letter. All this makes be beleive that quite a large number of cases failed to respond to 45-day letters because at 8.5k/month and about 150 contractors thats around 2.5 cases/day per contractor. Not bad.

Thanks, Kalifornia_resi !

I am guessing most of the 245i cases might have moved from SWA s to Regional, before being shipped to BECs. If that is the case, then the DBEC would be able to approve all of 245i cases and then they just have to send the AD instructions with PWD letter to our cases ie. non 245i cases.
We will get better idea by Aug, as to what are the instructions being sent by DBEC.

Thanks !

kalifornia_resi said:
I was searching on Mathew Oh's site and found this update for BEC posted on 04/06/2006

# Backlog Cases:
# Total Received: 363,000+
# Total Completed: 108,000+
# Total Certified: 50,000
<B># Balance: 255,000 <B>

Out of that I guess the 245i cases might be around 200k. With 15 months left, I think the procesing speed will be 17kcases/month and around 8.5kcases DBEC/month. So 245i (upto PD May 01 2002) cases might take around 10-12 months. Most sites sites report 245i cases to be around 345k with most of them still stuck in BECs. But the latest update from BEC(April 2006) puts the total cases at 255k so I am assuming the rest might be family based or already adjunicated. Also BEC has not reported on the % of cases that did not respond to the 45-day letter. All this makes be beleive that quite a large number of cases failed to respond to 45-day letters because at 8.5k/month and about 150 contractors thats around 2.5 cases/day per contractor. Not bad.

245i concentration from California,Texas,NY and NJ

Most of the 245i cases should have been from CA,TX, NY,NJ and IL. From what I remember, California SWA was processing April 27th cases(4 days worth of 245i cases). Also the bulk of 245i apps were received during the last 1 week. So a large percentage of CA 245i cases will still need to do recruitment and PWD. I am not sure about TX,NY,NJ and IL. But I guess they were the same. But lets see what percent of the 255k cases left require recruitments and PWD. That would determine the processing timeline. What the heck, lets wait for a couple of weeks and we will get to know the details. We've waited for 3,4,5 or 6 years how does 1 month matter anymore.......

Another month to see

Kalifornia_resi, I believe what you said for TX is also true. As I recall, before TWC (or the TWC contractor Enterject) shipped the cases to BEC, they were still processing till the end of April 2001. According to http://www.murthy.com/news/n_twcout.html, as of December 2003, there were about 5600 cases in Texas for 245i (i.e. before 4/30/2001); and about 6000 cases after 4/30/2001 (i.e. May 2001 - December 2003).

Based on the statistics above:
Texas has about 5600 for 245i, and 8900 for the regular TR (after 4/30/2001 - 3/31/2005) So, the ratio of 245i to regular TR is about 7 to 11 in Texas.

Based on the statistics that BEC provided, it is still too little information to have an estimate. So, let's wait for another month to see what we can get out from BEC (DOL). Just like what you said, we've been waiting for so long, it really won't hurt for another month. :eek:
kalifornia_resi said:
Most of the 245i cases should have been from CA,TX, NY,NJ and IL. From what I remember, California SWA was processing April 27th cases(4 days worth of 245i cases). Also the bulk of 245i apps were received during the last 1 week. So a large percentage of CA 245i cases will still need to do recruitment and PWD. I am not sure about TX,NY,NJ and IL. But I guess they were the same. But lets see what percent of the 255k cases left require recruitments and PWD. That would determine the processing timeline. What the heck, lets wait for a couple of weeks and we will get to know the details. We've waited for 3,4,5 or 6 years how does 1 month matter anymore.......

Finally approved

I recieved a letter from BackLog Center that my LC is certified.

Wish all the best to everyone. Hopefully you do'nt have to wait that long.

PD: 3/2001
RIR -> Non_RIR
45 days Letter recieved at end of April.
LC is certified at mid of June. :D

Congrats Fula

Fula149 said:

RIR -> Non_RIR

Pls. share more details about your case like:

1. First few digits of your case number
2. Was your company asked to post any advertisements?
3. Did any other recruitment happen on ajb.org for your case?
4. 45 day letter end of April 2005 or 2006?
5. Which SWA?
6. Did your case make it to regional?
7. Was your case remanded from RIR to Non-RIR?
8. Was your case at Philly / Dallas?

Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Fula149 said:

RIR -> Non_RIR

Im a little confused. I thought the Non RIR would receive instructions to perform recruitment of some sort. Is that not the case.

Fula149, did you receive any such instructions or were asked to perform a recruitment campaign?

Thanks
JACK

Fula149 is a RIR Remand case

jack_b_uta,

Fula149 is a RIR remand case. So it is very possible that he does not need to go through the recruit again.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1408010&postcount=698

jack_b_uta said:
Im a little confused. I thought the Non RIR would receive instructions to perform recruitment of some sort. Is that not the case.

Fula149, did you receive any such instructions or were asked to perform a recruitment campaign?

Thanks
JACK

45 day letter

Hi everyone,
Received notification from lawyers that they received and replied to the 45-day letter. Also e-mail talks about BEC implementing a tracker systm soon.
Details in sig

What the heck BEC is doing!?

How come we are both EB3/Non_RIR, your PD is 2005 and my PD is April 2002 and have not got my 45 DL? I know they are not doing FIFO but this is way too much!!! This is not about you, please do not feel bad. Congrats to you.

bhatia said:
Hi everyone,
Received notification from lawyers that they received and replied to the 45-day letter. Also e-mail talks about BEC implementing a tracker systm soon.
Details in sig