Non RIR Discussion Only !

I know how you feel just by looking at your nick name. Let's have some hope. I'll post immediately if anything comes up on my side.

so_depressed said:
Comfort javassist. I'm NON-RIR/EB3 too and my PD is 5 month earlier than yours. And I have not had my 45-day letter yet. I really think your case is going to be processed very soon. (Otherwise mine will never be processed I guess)

Case Information
ETA Case Number: D-05144-37***
Processing Type: NON-RIR/EB3
PD: 9/2002
Transferred to DOL: 2/2004
45 Letter: 6/2005 from Dallas
LC: ????

What will happen after 45 day letter ?

After replying to the 45 days letter, what is the process to complete the LC certification ? How long will it take ? Is the process done immediately after DOL receives the reply for the 45 day letter ? Or will it go back to the priority date queue ? Please...Any input regarding this is greatly appreciated...

Thanks.

45 Day letter received

Received my 45 day letter and responded.

PR: FEB 2004
MA-EB2/TR
Case # P-05186-XXXXX
RD: Never Made it
45 Day letter : June 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
45 days letter not answered!!

I can not believe the negligence of the company immigration lawyers...
I have just received a letter from Dallas LC Backlog center indicating my case had been CLOSED because of not receiving response from the company to the 45-days letter before March 13th. Can't believe that
On February 12th. I received a letter from lawyera indicating they have responded and had mailed letter indicating company wanted to continue with my LC application; I thought that was more than ample time to arrive in Dallas within the time frame allowed.
Well, now I have to live with this... Does anybody know whether it is possible to reopen the case maintaining the original PD ( MAY 2001) ? And what should I do ? If not I am done, and I wish you all better luck than I have had.

LC EB-3, NON-RIR, Texas Workforce
ETA Case Number D-05222-xxxxx
PD May 2001
Enterject RFE Nov 2004 _ ( prevailing wage )
45 letter received - Feb 12th 2006
45 letter answered - ?????
Case Closure - June 02, 2006

Do not panic. BEC's tend to close cases by error, did not happen to me (yet), but happened to many others. Definetely chase your lawyer. If they can confirm that they sent it timely, there is no reason for BEC not to re-open your case.

manuelfel said:
I can not believe the negligence of the company immigration lawyers...
I have just received a letter from Dallas LC Backlog center indicating my case had been CLOSED because of not receiving response from the company to the 45-days letter before March 13th. Can't believe that
On February 12th. I received a letter from lawyera indicating they have responded and had mailed letter indicating company wanted to continue with my LC application; I thought that was more than ample time to arrive in Dallas within the time frame allowed.
Well, now I have to live with this... Does anybody know whether it is possible to reopen the case maintaining the original PD ( MAY 2001) ? And what should I do ? If not I am done, and I wish you all better luck than I have had.

LC EB-3, NON-RIR, Texas Workforce
ETA Case Number D-05222-xxxxx
PD May 2001
Enterject RFE Nov 2004 _ ( prevailing wage )
45 letter received - Feb 12th 2006
45 letter answered - ?????
Case Closure - June 02, 2006

Finally!!

My attorney informed me I got the 45 Day Love letter finally....what a relief that they didn't lose my case.

Start of another long wait however

Any predictions???

Recruitment Instructions after 45-day letter

I was wondering if anyone has received recruitment instructions after replying back to 45-day letter. My company replied back in Feb’06. But, no words since then.

I called DBEC (214-237-9111) and PBEC (484-270-1500) to enquire if they have started sending the recruitment instructions for the NON-RIR cases. The lady at PBEC was clueless. But the one at DBEC told me that they have started sending the recruitment instruction. When I enquired further, at both centers they put me through an automated system that is not capable of querying the individual cases.

Does anyone has more info on this?

On which website the recruitments will be posted

I'm a regular visitor and a silent reader of this site. Thanks to everyone for their input.
Regarding the job postings, I have no clue. But does anybody know, on which website they will post. I know about Indeed.com, but I don't see any IT positions posted on that site.

Got 45 day letter

STATE CA
EB2 - Regular
PD - AUG 6 2004
RD - None
ETA Case Number D-05207-xxxxx
45-day letter: received June 2006
replied: June 2006

It appears that the DBEC is trying to send out all 45 days letter before end of June 2006.

How much longer from this point on ? :confused:

Recruitment is this true??

tb2904 said:
I was wondering if anyone has received recruitment instructions after replying back to 45-day letter. My company replied back in Feb’06. But, no words since then.

I called DBEC (214-237-9111) and PBEC (484-270-1500) to enquire if they have started sending the recruitment instructions for the NON-RIR cases. The lady at PBEC was clueless. But the one at DBEC told me that they have started sending the recruitment instruction. When I enquired further, at both centers they put me through an automated system that is not capable of querying the individual cases.

Does anyone has more info on this?

You sure....thats great news.. :)
haven;t seen any though....last add on indeed.com is about 22 days old....checked yesterday...the other one I know of is the official job site from dol
http://www.ajb.dni.us/
but its difficult to know if the ads are for recruitment..

anyways what you say is true ....atleats there is hope

Any gurus pl advise

Pl see my signature. Here are some more details(This information is from DOL screen shot).
Processing type:TR
Case status: TR
Correction options returned: 07/18/2005
All the fields under 'Traditional Recruitment' are blank

Based on these details, Can any guru explain me what this means. I had an e.mail in the past from my lawyer that says 'The application was filed via the regular recruitment method and recruitment has already been completed.' My case must have cleared state and went to Regional before it was sent to BEC.

Based on these details can any guru tell me what I should do? I am sick and tired of this LC procedure, planning to apply do BEC conversion. I appreciate your response in advance.

PBEC supposedly started posing recruitment ads a few months back much earlier than dbec. You can search for job ads posted by PBEC on the internet. Its hard to believe that pbec themselves would employ bricklayers, cooks gardeners and IT professionals.

No such luck with DBEC though. There are no signs that they have posted any ads. (I checked about a month back will try again)

tb2904 said:

Does anyone have more info on this?

Which is the website to check for BEC job ads

Hi,

Is there any specific websites where I could look for BEC job ads?

Thanks,
longgcwisher

Is it too late to convert to PERM?

I have read all the posts on this thread regarding the NON-RIR case.
I have a mixture of frustration (85%) and hope (15%).
Here's my details:
------
PD: 10/14/2003
EB2-Traditional
45-Day letter replied on May 08, 2006.
State: CA
Case is at DBEC.

My company insisted not giving out the Case number, even though I've tried two times to ask for it.

BEC seems taking care of all RIR cases right now.
Is it too late to convert to PERM, (my bottom line is to keep the PD, so it will not be starting a new PERM), considering that BEC will clear all the cases by Sept. 2007 (I know they never keep their words.)

Anybody has any thought?

My company insisted not giving out the case number either. I got the case number from PBEC although my case is at DBEC.
NON-RIR
EB2
MAR 03, 2003 CA
NO 45 DAYS NOTICE.

FINALLY, MY COMPANY START TO RECRUIT RIGHT NOW, I AM GOING TO FILL A PERM AFTER RECRUIT FINISHING.

I don't know and couldn't perdit when DBEC will deal with NON-RIR case.

cuaderno said:
I have read all the posts on this thread regarding the NON-RIR case.
I have a mixture of frustration (85%) and hope (15%).
Here's my details:
------
PD: 10/14/2003
EB2-Traditional
45-Day letter replied on May 08, 2006.
State: CA
Case is at DBEC.

My company insisted not giving out the Case number, even though I've tried two times to ask for it.

BEC seems taking care of all RIR cases right now.
Is it too late to convert to PERM, (my bottom line is to keep the PD, so it will not be starting a new PERM), considering that BEC will clear all the cases by Sept. 2007 (I know they never keep their words.)

Anybody has any thought?

To Mamalabor,
What do you mean your company start to recuit now? Is it a move for processing NON-RIR case?
My company attorney strongly recommended not to convert to PERM due to the possiblity of losing my priority date if anything goes wrong (unexpected). The converted PERM is taking a longer time than a new PERM filing. It's very difficult to predict which process will result in a faster adjudication. So I am probably inclined to not filling PERM now.

I totally understand your frustration. I think you may get your 45-day letter anytime soon since your PD is 7 months earlier than mine. I don't see any NON-RIR case got approval anyway.

mamalabor said:
My company insisted not giving out the case number either. I got the case number from PBEC although my case is at DBEC.
NON-RIR
EB2
MAR 03, 2003 CA
NO 45 DAYS NOTICE.

FINALLY, MY COMPANY START TO RECRUIT RIGHT NOW, I AM GOING TO FILL A PERM AFTER RECRUIT FINISHING.

I don't know and couldn't perdit when DBEC will deal with NON-RIR case.

NON RIR - 2001 PD now certified

Non RIR - went to Regional
PD: 4/21/01
45 day letter 1/7/06
State : FL
PBEC
Certified 6/19/06

Just to let any of you guys out there that I got certified today after more than 5 years of waiting. What a terrible wait. I never thought the day would come. If your case is 2001 and went to Regional, it looks like you could be close now. Now off to green card.... :)

Good luck to everyone. I know what it feels to wait a LONG time.

N

Congratulations!!
May I ask how long did it take from the time your company received recruitment instructions to the LC approval.

I have a PD on Oct. 2003 NON-RIR, I am considering if I keep waiting or convert it to PERM.

Nigel said:
Non RIR - went to Regional
PD: 4/21/01
45 day letter 1/7/06
State : FL
PBEC
Certified 6/19/06

Just to let any of you guys out there that I got certified today after more than 5 years of waiting. What a terrible wait. I never thought the day would come. If your case is 2001 and went to Regional, it looks like you could be close now. Now off to green card.... :)

Good luck to everyone. I know what it feels to wait a LONG time.

N

I think it was 2 years after I started which makes it sometime in 2003 when advertising was done. I am not sure whether it is a good idea to convert to PERM. Best to get professional advice.

N