Non RIR Discussion Only !

Hi,
After sending back to PBEC 45DL, how long will I wait for PBEC to post job add?
Here are the details of my case:

NY-EB3-non-rir
Case: P-05021-*****
PD: 04-27-01
45DL: August '05

Nothing since then.

Last edited by a moderator:
shagua said:
hi onesource:

welcome to the non-rir family :) . i think you have a little more time to wait possibly towards the end of year or early next year. this is because you have to finish your recruitment process. PBEC is already started on that so hopefully you will hear something soon at the end of year. just hang in there don't give up.

-shagua

Hi Shagua,

Thanks for replying to my post. Yeah.. it looks like I have atleast another year of wiating. But what did you mean by "PBEC is already started on that" Does that mean that my company does not have to do any advertising for the job and instead PBEC will do it on our behalf? I am a little confused on how the recruitment process will happen for non-RIR cases that got forwarded to backlog centers. Can somebody please clarify this for me?

shagua said:
hi onesource:

welcome to the non-rir family :) . i think you have a little more time to wait possibly towards the end of year or early next year. this is because you have to finish your recruitment process. PBEC is already started on that so hopefully you will hear something soon at the end of year. just hang in there don't give up.

-shagua
Hi shagua,
Can u pls tell me that what does" recruitment process" means.For RIR case, company always gives an advertisement.Do u want to say that ad. is required for the non- rir cases also?
please explain me. I'll really appreciate.
thanks

Any non-RIR cases from Colorado??

Does anyone know the progress of non-RIR cases from Colorado?? Many thanks.

Here's my case info:
EB2, non-RIR, state
PD = 11/2002
45DL 10/2005
Case # D-05145-xxxxx

hwo do we know it is EB2 or EB3?

pros, I have a question:

For the past many years I always thought my case is EB3, and my lawyer talked to me as if I was indeed EB3. Yesterday he double checked my labor application (ETA-750AB) and told me the required degree for my position on the form is master degree, so it automatially is EB2. I cannot see anywhere on the form the word "EB2" or "EB3". So ETA-750 doesn't actually specify EB2 or EB3, and it will be determined only later at I-140 or I485?

xzGC said:
Does anyone know the progress of non-RIR cases from Colorado?? Many thanks.

Here's my case info:
EB2, non-RIR, state
PD = 11/2002
45DL 10/2005
Case # D-05145-xxxxx
hey,
there are few...just that numbed by the wait...:)
rgds,
LFGC
CO-Reg-EB3-Mar2002-DBPC-Dec2004-45 day ltr-Oct2005
ETA Case # D-05139-*****

Hi, my PD is Aug 2003 and I just received the 45 letter on 02/17/2006. My case went to Dallas processing center. My lawyer replied to the letter on 03/09/2006, Nothing other than that happened.

Thanks,
gcofus

QUOTE=budda786]Hey guys, Here's my info.

Regular LC
PD : Aug 2001.
Case #: T05196-2****
RD: Never made it...
Transferred to Dallas BEC: Mar 2005
45 Day letter: Never received.

Any status on where Dallas is w.r.t non RIR cases ? I want to write a letter to congressman. Any hints...[/QUOTE]

Cases transferred to PBEC from Satelite centers (Boston ,Newyork, SF)

Does any know whats going on with the remaining cases that were transferred from Satellite centers to Philadelphia BEC?

Boston DOL was one such satellite center that was supposed to be processing LC cases till the end of 2005, but they transferred all the remianing cases to PBEC in september 2005.

Anybody here with cases that were transferred from Boston DOL to PBEC, please post your case details if you dont mind.

Thanks

Which State?

Hi gcfocus,
From which state did you file your LC ?

Gurus,
It looks like we are getting some 45 days letters from DBEC and some approvals( ofcourse after one year) so may be it is good time for us to maintain an excel sheet or something to track the details? What do you guys think?

Also I remember such an excel sheet actually exists on this forum or some other forum. So if somebody know what I am talking about please point me to that URL.

Thanks

gcofus said:
Hi, my PD is Aug 2003 and I just received the 45 letter on 02/17/2006. My case went to Dallas processing center. My lawyer replied to the letter on 03/09/2006, Nothing other than that happened.

Thanks,
gcofus

Regular LC

Any status on where Dallas is w.r.t non RIR cases ? I want to write a letter to congressman. Any hints...
[/QUOTE]

After 5 1/2 years

I just got an e-mail from my attorney saying that my case has been approved. Thanks to all of you, special mention for Shagua, for all the advise and encouragement.

Labour Certification
Case filed in Michigan
Case Type: TR
PD: August 28, 2000
RD: Feb 7,2003
45 day letter: Feb 18, 2005.
Response to 45 day letter: March 2005
ETA Case Number: D-05011-XXXXX

Hi gcofus:
which state? Thanks.

gcofus said:

Thanks,
gcofus

Regular LC

Any status on where Dallas is w.r.t non RIR cases ? I want to write a letter to congressman. Any hints...
[/QUOTE]

nyclc said:
Hi,
After sending back to PBEC 45DL, how long will I wait for PBEC to post job add?
Here are the details of my case:

NY-EB3-non-rir

Nothing since then.

hi nyclc:

sending back 45DL can not predict when PBEC will start your recruitment process. however, with your april 2001 pd i think a great possibility (>80%) they already started or plan to start the process for you. you will have to wait for PBEC to forward any resume they gather regarding your position. i would say give it a little more time this month or next month.

-shagua

onesource said:
Hi Shagua,

Thanks for replying to my post. Yeah.. it looks like I have atleast another year of wiating. But what did you mean by "PBEC is already started on that" Does that mean that my company does not have to do any advertising for the job and instead PBEC will do it on our behalf? I am a little confused on how the recruitment process will happen for non-RIR cases that got forwarded to backlog centers. Can somebody please clarify this for me?

hi onesource:

yes...the current situation is that PBEC is trying to eliminate the backlog by posting ads on internet themselves. this means you do not have to do any job recruitment on your own. if the position needs further recruitment PBEC will let you know.

the process goes like this:

1. PBEC post ad in the internet. in the ad, it states a P.O. box that directly request interested parties to send their resume to. this means PBEC gets those resume before your company do. (if you are lucky enough, you might not get any resume)

2. PBEC then forward the resume to your attorney requesting the employer to conduct interview. your employer has 30 to 45 days to conduct interview and provide results to PBEC. (this includes giving reasons why others are less qualify than you)

3. after PBEC receive all info they will review the case and decide to approve your labor or not.

hope this helps...

-shagua

polarpv said:
I just got an e-mail from my attorney saying that my case has been approved. Thanks to all of you, special mention for Shagua, for all the advise and encouragement.

Labour Certification
Case filed in Michigan
Case Type: TR
PD: August 28, 2000
RD: Feb 7,2003
45 day letter: Feb 18, 2005.
Response to 45 day letter: March 2005
ETA Case Number: D-05011-XXXXX

woot!! polarpv:

HUGE congratz!! you deserve the good news. see you in 140 forum.

-shagua

clbd said:
pros, I have a question:

For the past many years I always thought my case is EB3, and my lawyer talked to me as if I was indeed EB3. Yesterday he double checked my labor application (ETA-750AB) and told me the required degree for my position on the form is master degree, so it automatially is EB2. I cannot see anywhere on the form the word "EB2" or "EB3". So ETA-750 doesn't actually specify EB2 or EB3, and it will be determined only later at I-140 or I485?

hi clbd:

EB2 or EB3 has nothing to do with labor cert. the classification is determined by the officer at the 140 stage.

-shagua

gc_craving said:
Hi shagua,
Can u pls tell me that what does" recruitment process" means.For RIR case, company always gives an advertisement.Do u want to say that ad. is required for the non- rir cases also?
please explain me. I'll really appreciate.
thanks

hi gc_craving:

recruitment process generally refers to the process when you show labor department that your position is unique and no one is more qualify than you. for old cases like mine, i had to post an ad in the local newspaper for 3 consecutive days, an open ad in company message boards and state posted the advertisement on the internet for 30 days. however, this has changed since there are so many backlogs at two BECs. from what we observed in the past few months. PBEC started to post those ads on the internet as the only recruitment procedure. they will forward any interested parties' resume to your attorney and your attorney then forward to your employer for further interview.

if this is not clear please look at the response i posted earlier.

hope this helps...

-shagua

Thanks Shagua,

To start with recruitment proces in month or two,is not that bad, after all this
years.
I understood from your posts, recruitment itself is about 2-3 months long process,
and than again,...... waiting.....For how long untill it's approved?

NY-EB3-non-rir

No action after 45 day letter

I was wondering if I was the only one with Non-RIR category. Atleast there are some more folks in the same boat.

here are my details

PD: 9/25/2001
BRC: Dallas, TX

45 Day Latter: 2/15/2006

Case#: D-0522-99XXX

Can one share process from Dalls BEC for NON RIR certification.
Like, AFter 45 day letter do they Issue Adv instruction or post adv by them self?

Whose labor approved with Dallas BEC in NON RIR, Please share experience.

nileshpatel11 said:
Can one share process from Dalls BEC for NON RIR certification.
Like, AFter 45 day letter do they Issue Adv instruction or post adv by them self?

Whose labor approved with Dallas BEC in NON RIR, Please share experience.

So far DBEC has only processed non-rirs that were transfered from DOL for which recruitment was already done before being transfered to BECs.
Even for RIR cases DBEC has mostly done cases transfered from DOL not SWA. They want to pick the low hanging fruit first before dealing with any thing more involved.

PBEC seems to have started some recruiment. Its hard to tell though. There does not seems to be anyone in these forums yet for whom PBEC is doing adverts. We should keep a lookout in PBEC related forums.