Non RIR Discussion Only !

gneerajg said:
Hi Shagua,
Thanks for ur reply. One more question . Can our employer start the recruitment process after we get 45 dya letter or we have to wait until we donot hear anything from DBEC.
Thanks

Neeraj

hi gneerajg:

your employer can not and do not have to do recruitment at this time. as i have said BEC will post the ads on internet for you.

hope this helps...

-shagua

guys, please post your action about Monday so we atleast have an approx no.of faxes going out to Ms.Chao

We have the address but does anyone has the fax number?
I would say all of us who ever wants to fax & mail letters to every authority. lets do it on April 3rd.
Remember it is April 3rd and this has to be coordinated to all forums mainly to Dallas BEC and PBEC and same subject has to be used in all the fax's & Mail.

DOES ANYONE GIVE ME THE FAX NUMBER?
Please cut and post below into all forums with fax number you visit this way it will be coordinated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
We are trying to conduct a nation wide rally of faxes/mail to be sent to Concerned authorities on April 3rd and April 4th, if your Labor is stuck in any of the BEC please send a
- Mail to below address (so that all mail could reach authorities on same week)
- Fax to below number (so that all faxes could reach authorities on same day)

April 3rd and APRIL 4th

Please use same subject in all your faxes, no matter how you want to address your content of the letter. Please try to post matter of this posting to all forums you visit.

Subject: Delay in Foreign Labor Certification application approval process at BECs

DOL Contacts

Ms. Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of Labor
(202) 693-6000

Mr. Paul T. Conway
Chief of Staff
(202) 693-6007

Mr. Steven J. Law
Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Ms. Ruth D. Knouse
Executive Secretariat Director
(202) 693-6100

Ms. Amy Barrera
Director of Advance & Scheduling
(202) 693-6003

Ms. Laura Genero
Associate Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Address for all the above people
U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210

Below is the sample draft:
-------------------------
Dear Sir / Madam,

Sub: Delay in Foreign Labor Certification Application approval process at BECs

I would like to bring it to your attention the delays in LCA approval process at the two BECs, most notably the Philadelphia. I have been waiting for almost 2 years since the commencement of two BECs and have not recieved our apporvals.

Me and my family are suffering constantly due to these delays. Please take necessary measures to speed up the approval process.

I would be highly obliged if you look into this matter as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
your name
City, State, Zipcode
TR/RIR
EB 1/2/3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

45 days letter

Hi,
My Pd is dec.2003,EB3,CA,NON-RIR. I didn't get any 45 days letter.and i don't know which BEC has my labor application.Do you know any body whose pd is just near to mine and non-rir and got his 45 days letter.
thanks

45 days letter

I did not receive 45 days letter. My pd is 11/15/2002 in IL and never reach the region

45-day letter

gc_craving said:
Hi,
My Pd is dec.2003,EB3,CA,NON-RIR. I didn't get any 45 days letter.and i don't know which BEC has my labor application.Do you know any body whose pd is just near to mine and non-rir and got his 45 days letter.
thanks

Hi, gc_craving,
I haven't received the 45-day letter (see my info below), but my colleague, who has filed his application 2 months after me (8/03) received his 45-day letter 2 weeks ago. I believe they are generating the letters based on the new case number. His application was entered two weeks before mine. Hope this information is helpful. Best of luck.

roddy said:
Hi, gc_craving,
I haven't received the 45-day letter (see my info below), but my colleague, who has filed his application 2 months after me (8/03) received his 45-day letter 2 weeks ago. I believe they are generating the letters based on the new case number. His application was entered two weeks before mine. Hope this information is helpful. Best of luck.
Thanks Roddy for the info.

Good find!!

This is a good news....any idea how many of these NON-RIR cases are for 2001,2002,2003 etc. Because I am only seeing 3-4 ads per day..which could still take a LONGGGG LONGGG TIME if we have tons of cases.

Any clues??

Thanks.

BarneySha said:
to all those with ?s on the recruiment process, here's some good news

http://www.jobsearch.org/CT/seeker/jobsearch/keyword

Do a search on the keyword 'P-05*' and pick 3 states
I picked NY, NJ and CT.
My search brought back 33 jobs.

3 on them posted on Mar 23, 2006.

Here's the cool thing.
All along I found that the recruitment was being done for cases in this date range:
P-05018-****** TO P-0534-******

as of today I found caces in this range:
P-05095-***** To P-05122-*****

so looks like the wheels are chuggin along guys.... hang in there!

fastergcwanted said:
This is a good news....any idea how many of these NON-RIR cases are for 2001,2002,2003 etc. Because I am only seeing 3-4 ads per day..which could still take a LONGGGG LONGGG TIME if we have tons of cases.

Any clues??

Thanks.

Hi,

Two more job recruitment postings added today on the same site.

Do the national search. You will see there are 4 jobs added today. 03/28/06.

US - MD, Prince Frederick -- Bricklayer
US - NY, Harrison -- Deli Grill Cook
US - CT, Weston -- Children'sTutor
US - NJ, Fairfield -- Landscaping Crew Leader

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
03/24/06: 1 job added. Carpenter's Help ~~ Location: US - DC, Washington
03/23/06: 2 Jobs posted.
03/22/06: 4 Jobs posted.
03/17/06: 1 Job posted.
03/15/06: 5 Jobs posted.

Sure, But at this rate (4-5 ads per day) wouldn't it still take quite a few years to even complete 2001 and 2002 cases given the NON-RIR case load they got? From what I understand, there are at least 80000 245i cases. 4 cases a day is about 100 years just for these cases. Event after assuming 10 times the current speed (40 ads per day), it's still 10 more years.

I don't want to create any more pessimism around here, but any thoughts on current non-rir backlog and what's realistic?

YeahRight! said:

Last edited by a moderator:
fastergcwanted said:
Sure, But at this rate (4-5 ads per day) wouldn't it still take quite a few years to even complete 2001 and 2002 cases given the NON-RIR case load they got? From what I understand, there are at least 80000 245i cases. 4 cases a day is about 100 years just for these cases. Event after assuming 10 times the current speed (40 ads per day), it's still 10 more years.

I don't want to create any more pessimism around here, but any thoughts on current non-rir backlog and what's realistic?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't know where did you get an idea from that 80,000 245(i) cases are still sitting on BECs. If you look at the bulletin, the cut-off date for EB3(2) is at October 2001. (skilled worker quota). I have known few people in Altanta where they filed under 245(i) is already cleared even before the establishment of BECs. So I think the number is not accurate that they still have 80K cases.
Just today they added 6 more advertisement. 03/29/06

Do the national search again. More or less their ad is centralized between NY, NJ, CT, MD and DC area. Dallas still need to do the advertisement and since Dallas is not doing anything I am thinking may be PBEC is taking charge in publishing advertisement. Other way, if you look at the efficiency, PBEC is way behind in handling cases in compare to Dallas.

To YeahRight!:

I am new here. I don't know how the number of 80000 245 (i) is got.

Which bulletin are you talking about? What is a cutoff date in your post? I ask because my priority date is Oct 2001. In my company there are many people with priority date in 2001 are still waiting hopelessly in BPC. I think that at least 60% of these 2001 cases were filed before Oct. 2001.

My case in BPC:

PD: Oct. 15, 2001
Remand: LC to SWA for LC-NW: 3/1/2004
Received 45 days letter: Dec. 27, 2005
Replied 45 days letter: Jan. 4, 2006
State: CA

I also filed PERM with priority date in Dec. 2005. The PERM was certified this month.

My question is, can I file another PERM to use the 2001 priority date? It seems never to be approved anyway. If I file another PERM, will I lose the approved PERM LC? Also, is any new recruitment needed? I am asking because my company just bought a new company and it did some layoff recently.

bpc2001 said:
To YeahRight!:

I am new here. I don't know how the number of 80000 245 (i) is got.

Which bulletin are you talking about? What is a cutoff date in your post? I ask because my priority date is Oct 2001. In my company there are many people with priority date in 2001 are still waiting hopelessly in BPC. I think that at least 60% of these 2001 cases were filed before Oct. 2001.

You need to do some homework to know what is visa bulletin and the cut-off date. Please browse the forum to get more idea on what is happenning. You should get more into this portal to see what you are looking for.

80K 245i cases have been talked about in other forums several times by JustWatching and other informed people. Let's not forget that there were over 300K cases transferred to BPCs last year and it was known that 245i cases formed a big chunk of that. Even if we forget the distinction between 245i and other cases, let's consider this.

300k cases transferred March 2005, out of that let's say there are total 100k non-rir. The fact that they barely started touching NON-RIR cases will require clearing 100k cases in next 1.5 years. In order to meet this deadline, they would need to post about 300 ads per day. This does not include how long it takes for them to process ad responses, review cases and actually approve them. It also does not include the time they would be spending in reviewing/approving RIR cases.

I am just trying to guage this realistically..thoughts?

YeahRight! said:
I don't know where did you get an idea from that 80,000 245(i) cases are still sitting on BECs. If you look at the bulletin, the cut-off date for EB3(2) is at October 2001. (skilled worker quota). I have known few people in Altanta where they filed under 245(i) is already cleared even before the establishment of BECs. So I think the number is not accurate that they still have 80K cases.
Just today they added 6 more advertisement. 03/29/06

Do the national search again. More or less their ad is centralized between NY, NJ, CT, MD and DC area. Dallas still need to do the advertisement and since Dallas is not doing anything I am thinking may be PBEC is taking charge in publishing advertisement. Other way, if you look at the efficiency, PBEC is way behind in handling cases in compare to Dallas.

YeahRight! said:
You need to do some homework to know what is visa bulletin and the cut-off date. Please browse the forum to get more idea on what is happenning. You should get more into this portal to see what you are looking for.
I sure know what visa bulletin is. I had thought that you were talking about other bulletins. However, I cannot see any relationship between visa bulletin and cases in BPC. My understanding is that since BPC cases in 2001, whether 245(i) or not, especially for non-RIR, have never been largely approved, the cutoff date in visa bulletin can proceed quickly. If a large number of these cases are approved, the cut-off date might have to slow down or retrogress back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE POST BELOW ON EVERY website and different forums within a website (murthy/immigrationportal/etc) YOU VISIT----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are trying to conduct a nation wide rally of faxes/mail to be sent to Concerned authorities on April 3rd and April 4th, if your Labor is stuck in any of the BEC please send a
- Mail to below address (so that all mail could reach authorities on same week)
- Fax to below number (so that all faxes could reach authorities on same day)

Dates: April 3rd (preferable) and APRIL 4th (if you forget)
MAKE A CALENDER ENTRY

Please use same subject in all your faxes, no matter how you want to address your content of the letter. Please try to post matter of this posting to all forums you visit.

Subject: Delay in Foreign Labor Certification application approval process at BECs

WE ARE NOT VOTING ON WETHER WE WANT TO FAX or MAIL.. I would say lets do both. IF you prefer Fax send a Fax(if you get the number please provide us the fax number too), if you prefer Mail send a mail. I recommend BOTH ways.

DOL Contacts

Ms. Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of Labor
(202) 693-6000

Mr. Paul T. Conway
Chief of Staff
(202) 693-6007

Mr. Steven J. Law
Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Ms. Ruth D. Knouse
Executive Secretariat Director
(202) 693-6100

Ms. Amy Barrera
Director of Advance & Scheduling
(202) 693-6003

Ms. Laura Genero
Associate Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Address for all the above people
U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210

ABC
----
abc.news.magazines@abc.com

2020@abc.com
Subject: 20/20

abc.news.magazines@abc.com
Subject: Primetime

thisweek@abc.com
Subject: THIS WEEK

ADDRESS:
ABCNews,
7 WEST 66th Street,
New York, NY 10023.

NBC
----

Dateline@NBC.com
WT@nbc.com
MTP@NBC.com
nightly@nbc.com
today@nbc.com

ADDRESS:
NBC News
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, N.Y. 10112

MSNBC
-----
viewerservices@msnbc.com
msnbcinvestigates@msnbc.com
abramsreport@msnbc.com
countdown@msnbc.com
hardball@msnbc.com
Connected@MSNBC.com
Imus@msnbc.com

ADDRESS:
MSNBC TV
One MSNBC Plaza
Secaucus, N.J. 07094

CBS
----

48 hours
CBSNews.com,
524 W. 57th St.,
New York, NY, 10019

60 minutes
CBSNews.com,
524 W. 57th St.,
New York, NY, 10019

---------------------------------------------

Department of Labor
Stephen Stefanko - Certification Manager
ETA- Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center
Division of Foreign Labor Certification
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 220
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004

FAX: (484) 270-1600
--------------------

Department of Labor
John Barlett - Certification Manager
ETA - Dallas Backlog Elimination Center
Division of Foreign Labor
700 North Pearl St., Suite 400N
Dallas, Texas 75201

FAX: (214) 237-9135
---------------------

NATIONAL OFFICE
William Carlson - Chief Director
200 Constitution Avenue, NW Room C4312
Washington, DC 20210

FAX: (202) 693-2768

Below is the sample draft:
-------------------------
Dear Sir / Madam,

Sub: Delay in Foreign Labor Certification Application approval process at BECs

I would like to bring it to your attention the delays in LCA approval process at the two BECs, most notably the Philadelphia. I have been waiting for almost 2 years since the commencement of two BECs and have not recieved our apporvals.

Me and my family are suffering constantly due to these delays. Please take necessary measures to speed up the approval process.

I would be highly obliged if you look into this matter as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
your name
City, State, Zipcode
TR/RIR

Guys I think we should send the below rough draft email to Newsweek/MSNBC's Fareed Zakaria..he being a desi may be able to do some investigative reporting and try to help us..just an attempt to leave no stone unturned.Please feel free to modify this draft(I modified the draft from an earlier posting)

Dear Fareed,
Sub: Delay in Foreign Labor Certification Application approval process at BECs.

Just incase you were unaware, put in a nutshell, the employment based Green Card(GC) process involves 3 steps:
1)Department of Labor(DOL) certifying the Foreign Labor Certification(FLC) application
2)USCIS approving I140
3)USCIS approving I485.

The DOL FLC certification (step 1) in turn is divided into 2 parts. It has to be first approved by the local state DOL and then the regional DOL. When the application process is first initially started, an advertisement needs to be placed in a local media for 30 days to prove that there is no suitable US resource available for that job. State DOL monitors the replies to the advertisements and if no suitable match found, certifies the application and forwards it to regional DOL(now called as Backlog Elimination Center-- BEC) in Dallas or Philly.

This is where most of the cases like mine are languishing with no information available as to how long it may take to make a decision, what is the current processing date and so on.

The whole nation is hotly debating the illegal immigrant issue and we, the legal immigrants are made to wait at the back of the line, because of the huge backlog created by the illegals. This because of a DOL rule passed in 2001 April, to give a golden chance to all illegals to turn legal. So we are forced to wait till DOL finishes processing all these illegal filings ( around 250000), before they start to work our cases.
Is DOL rewarding people for breaking the law??
If so much of hue and cry is raised about illegal aliens, who is going to talk about the legal aliens?

I think this is totally unfair and we have only people like you to look up to for our support.
We would be highly obliged if you look into this matter as soon as possible.

Hey Guys,Gurus,

Where are you all? We need to keep this thread alive. Wake up all TR applicants. Are you guys waiting for TODAY'S immigration bill to pass or what?

WhatALabor,Shagua,
Any updates?

Hey guys keep posting something.

Have a great week end.