Non RIR Discussion Only !

gc_toliveinUS said:
My PD is Nov 2002 filed in CA. Can anyone tell me when i will receive my 45 day letter?

Thanks

Not to scare you, ur lawyer/employer should have gotten this already i thought... believing this to be RIR case, which went to dol from state and then to DAllas BPC. try sending email to h1b7yr will all details like your employer name, your name, date sent to state, date transferred to dol etc. you might atleast see your D or P number??

just my thoughts...

Hi, K2004

You are lucky. I have same PD day (3/7/01), RiR converted to Non-RIR, Dallas. I have not received any 45 day letter yet.

Regards
Fula149

Hi all,
My PD is dec 2003/non RIR/EB2/filed in CA.Never got 45 days letter.Can anybody tell me that when can i expect my 45 days letter?
Thanks for the great work.

2002 Aug PD Non-RIR, CA

gc_toliveinUS said:
Thank you once again for your reply ...

CA,Non-RIR
PD:Nov, 2002 :(
Never made it to Regional :(
I received my 45-day letter way back on Jan 3rd 2006. My PD is 08/2002 filed from CA and never made it to Regional. So I guess you need to contact BEC to see whats happening.

kalifornia_resi said:
I received my 45-day letter way back on Jan 3rd 2006. My PD is 08/2002 filed from CA and never made it to Regional. So I guess you need to contact BEC to see whats happening.

Hello Kalifornia_resi,

Are you suggesting that we should contact to Dallas Bpc for not getting 45 day letter?
My PD is April 2002 and never made it to regional, fortunately I got case number as
D-05140-xxx, I contacted my lawyer and she said wait for 6 months.

I am totally frustrated.
Somebody please shed somelight on my case.

check the status

life_w/o_gc said:
Hello Kalifornia_resi,

Are you suggesting that we should contact to Dallas Bpc for not getting 45 day letter?
My PD is April 2002 and never made it to regional, fortunately I got case number as

I am totally frustrated.

Hi life_w/o_gc

I strongly suggest that you better have your lawer or Employer contact Dallas and see what is going on with your case(They will only respond to the attorney or the employer), because if the case number turns from T to D that is an indication that either your 45 d letter is already generated or close to being generated. I do not want to scare you, one of my friends whose case was in PA got his case closed for not responding to 45DL which neither the attorny nor the employer received. He is now on the process of reopening the case.

Regards
WAL

tarikida said:
Hi Shagua,
It looks like this is only for cases filed before Aug 3, 2001. Is there any way for cases like me (Feb 13, 2004, EB3 TR) to convert into RIR or PERM. In the mean time my job title and salary got changed even though I am working in the same department in same company. I believe that is creating confusion with my attorneys and HR people. When I asked about amending existing application at BRC, she told me that it is not possible.

Hi Shagua,
Since labor certification and GC is for a future job, is there any problem for me to change teams inside my company even though I am running on 8th year extension. Technically they should be able to refile my application in PERM so that I could keep my priority date.
Different attorneys interpret this subject differently.
What do you think ?

Maybe not....

life_w/o_gc said:
Hello Kalifornia_resi,

I am totally frustrated.

I am not a lawyer but I just read these forums. Since you've received your case number, I dont think contacting BEC would help in anyway. BEC will get to your case when they are ready to process it. I would have said 'yes contact BEC' if you didnt have a case number so maybe the case was lost.

One more 45 days letter from CA

Earlier I said my friend whose PD is May 2002 /non-rir/EB3 -CA didn't get 45 day letter but I rechecked with him and he said he got the letter on Jan 31st but our immigration firm didn't notify him until last week.

Cheers

CALIHONEB said:
Hi,
I am so glad that somebody from california closer to my P.D got a 45 days letter . My PD is actually 2/13/03, my collegues P.D is may2002/nonrir/eb3 and we both didn't get 45 days letters. So can anybody shed somelight if bala_su case is picked up according to timeline ( I know that is really wishful thinking) or he happens to be one very lucky guy from California?

Cheers

WhatALabor said:
Hi life_w/o_gc

I strongly suggest that you better have your lawer or Employer contact Dallas and see what is going on with your case(They will only respond to the attorney or the employer), because if the case number turns from T to D that is an indication that either your 45 d letter is already generated or close to being generated. I do not want to scare you, one of my friends whose case was in PA got his case closed for not responding to 45DL which neither the attorny nor the employer received. He is now on the process of reopening the case.

Regards
WAL
Hi WAL,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I talked to my lawyer today she said that she contacted Dallas BEC and my lawer forwarded me that email which states that

Dear Requestor:

The subject case has been received by the Dallas Backlog Elimination Center and is currently awaiting further review by a Backlog Elimination Center analyst. If you need additional information, please visit the following Internet website:

http://atlas.doleta.gov/foreign/faqs.asp

To obtain general information regarding transfer times, please visit the following Internet website:

http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

To obtain general information regarding the PERM System, please visit the Internet website below, or use the e-mail address provided:

http://www.plc.doleta.gov

or PERM.DFLC@dol.gov

There is no need to submit multiple requests. If you have not already received one, the next notices that you will receive from this office will be a 45-Day Letter and a Selection of Continuation Option letter.

If you are requesting a 7th year extension to an H-1B visa, please send an e-mail to:

h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us

This reply my lawer got in the month of Jan.2006.
I don't know what to do next.

CALIHONEB said:
Earlier I said my friend whose PD is May 2002 /non-rir/EB3 -CA didn't get 45 day letter but I rechecked with him and he said he got the letter on Jan 31st but our immigration firm didn't notify him until last week.

Cheers

Hi there,

It looks like Dallas BEC started sending 45 day letters. Hopefully I will receive mine soon.
Thanks for sharing.

It doesn't make a difference really.
My case has a July 2002 PD also, completed state, reached region, recvd 45 day letter in Feb04 and was sent back in Feb04 and still waiting. Doesn't matter where you are going to wait..before the 45 day letter or after..we all are going to get LC around the same time...in the next couple of years...maybe

waiting200X said:
My PD is 2002, July, and never reached region, has not got the 45 days letter yet.

uhbiv said:
It doesn't make a difference really.
My case has a July 2002 PD also, completed state, reached region, recvd 45 day letter in Feb04 and was sent back in Feb04 and still waiting. Doesn't matter where you are going to wait..before the 45 day letter or after..we all are going to get LC around the same time...in the next couple of years...maybe

I wish people with PD < June 2002 get their labor cleared, atleast EB2 guys, so they can apply for 485 also, now that april visa bulletin is out!!

linky-http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2847.html

Last edited by a moderator:
csrini1 said:
I wish people with PD < June 2002 get their labor cleared, atleast EB2 guys, so they can apply for 485 also, now that april visa bulletin is out!!

linky-http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2847.html

Hey Buddy,

That's a great news but again we are still waiting for even a 45day letter from Dallas BEc

tarikida said:
Hi Shagua,
Since labor certification and GC is for a future job, is there any problem for me to change teams inside my company even though I am running on 8th year extension. Technically they should be able to refile my application in PERM so that I could keep my priority date.
Different attorneys interpret this subject differently.
What do you think ?

hi tarikida:

your 8th year H-1 is valid because your labor has been pending for more than 365 days. from what i understand is you can only switch/change job/position before the 6 years limit. if your job title is not the same as your current H-1 technically your H-1 will not be valid. however, i don't think USCIS checks on such a thing(they dont' have the man power and time). what i worry is you are risking your H-1 status when it's time for your next renewal.

as far as whether you can refile the perm for different title, you have to consult an attorney because i am not familiar with how perm works.

hope this helps....

-shagua