Non RIR Discussion Only !

yyang18 said:
Can anyone predict when my case will be processed? and when can I receive 45 day letter? :mad: :confused:

Dallas backlog center :
IL Non-RIR EB2
PD:11/15/2002
Never made to region
no 45 day letter

by sept 30th 2006, you should have ur 45 day letter. you can always send email to h1b7yr*** email id and see if you get a reply....

csrini1 said:
by sept 30th 2006, you should have ur 45 day letter. you can always send email to h1b7yr*** email id and see if you get a reply....

Hi csrini1,

Thank you for your reply.

YYang18 :)

LA DOL/ Non-RIR -- waiting for a long time now

State -- Approved
Forwarded to Region and then to BEC.

45 day letter received and responded on 02-11-2005.

Screen shot says this:
PD -- 07/08/2002
RD -- 12/13/2004
Case Source -- Region
Case Status -- Data Review
ETA # -- D-04348-XXXXX
Processing type -- <blank>

I'm a newbie to this forum.
Can someone please explain as to how to track this case and what would be ur guesstimates as for as approval goes?

Is there anybody at all from the state of LA??

This wait is making me :mad: and to :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: ZZZf

ZZZf,

My case is already added in the "Tracker" excel-sheet. It's under a different username (lex_ind). I don't know how to update it. If someone does here are the details:

State: VA
Type: Non-RIR EB3
PD: Aug 2003; never made it to Regional
45-day letter replied: Feb 2006

Username in the tracker sheet: lex_ind

California - non RIR : Oct 03

Hi Guys
I'm new to this forum. My labor application date(priority Date) is Oct 30 03. I've not recv 45 days letter yet and my labor is not cleared. Is there anyone here who(non-RIR case) has applied from California after oct 03 and recv some reply/45 days letter/labor cleared?

My details

Case date: oct 30 03
State : California
Type : non -RIR
Category:EB2(i guess)

Thanks in advance

uhbiv said:
State -- Approved
Forwarded to Region and then to BEC.

45 day letter received and responded on 02-11-2005.

Screen shot says this:
PD -- 07/08/2002
RD -- 12/13/2004
Case Source -- Region
Case Status -- Data Review
ETA # -- D-04348-XXXXX
Processing type -- <blank>

I'm a newbie to this forum.
Can someone please explain as to how to track this case and what would be ur guesstimates as for as approval goes?

Is there anybody at all from the state of LA??

This wait is making me :mad: and to :(

hi uhbiv:

take a look at your screen shot again, do you see any date shown for the field that says "date submitted"? if it is blank it means your case is not approved yet. you can also check if they receive the 45 day letter by looking at the field that says "correction optinos returned".

some people mistaken "data review" column as their case status so i am trying to help you figure out more about your case.

a good news for you is that since your case made it to regional you will receive faster approval than those who have not gone through the recrutiment yet.

with your pd -7/2002 i think you should hear something before mid 2006.

hope this helps, and good luck...

-shagua

Hi All,

Please help me understand the Non-RIR process as i do not get it.

I applied Non-RIR labor in Apr'03. I got a letter from Dallas backlog elimination center asking if i wish to continue. My labor was filed in Nebraska.

If i say yes, continue, what are the next steps? how is recruiting done? i am clueless.... somebody pls explain......

Thanks.

bunny01 said:
Hi All,

Please help me understand the Non-RIR process as i do not get it.

I applied Non-RIR labor in Apr'03. I got a letter from Dallas backlog elimination center asking if i wish to continue. My labor was filed in Nebraska.

If i say yes, continue, what are the next steps? how is recruiting done? i am clueless.... somebody pls explain......

Thanks.

hi bunny01:

process is most likely to be as follows:

1. your file arrive at BEC, BEC officer sort the case by RIR or NON RIR track and sort cases that have made to regional separate from the ones did not. after enter your info into database, they issue you 45 days letter.
2. after you reply to the letter, they enter the date you returned the 45 day letter into the database.
3. BEC post ads on the internet for 30 days to see if anyone is interested in your job. note:
4. more recruitment instruction might be given by BEC. (this is not for sure at this time, but in the past when i did my recruitment i had to post ads in the local newspaper such as LA times for 3 days)
5. BEC then forward the resumes from people who are interested in your job to your employer for interview.
6. your employer has at least 30 days to complete all interviews and prepare reports as to why they do not qualify for the position.
7. mail back your interview results back to BEC.
8. BEC officer review your case and reach a decision.

hope this helps....if i miss anything anyone is welcome to add.

-shagua

shagua said:
hi uhbiv:

take a look at your screen shot again, do you see any date shown for the field that says "date submitted"? if it is blank it means your case is not approved yet. -- only 2 date fields present. (a)case received date - 12/13/2004 (b)Priority Date -- 07/08/2002.you can also check if they receive the 45 day letter by looking at the field that says "correction optinos returned". -- no such field

some people mistaken "data review" column as their case status so i am trying to help you figure out more about your case.

a good news for you is that since your case made it to regional you will receive faster approval than those who have not gone through the recrutiment yet.

with your pd -7/2002 i think you should hear something before mid 2006.

hope this helps, and good luck...

-shagua

shagua said:
hi bunny01:

process is most likely to be as follows:

1. your file arrive at BEC, BEC officer sort the case by RIR or NON RIR track and sort cases that have made to regional separate from the ones did not. after enter your info into database, they issue you 45 days letter.
2. after you reply to the letter, they enter the date you returned the 45 day letter into the database.
3. BEC post ads on the internet for 30 days to see if anyone is interested in your job. note:
4. more recruitment instruction might be given by BEC. (this is not for sure at this time, but in the past when i did my recruitment i had to post ads in the local newspaper such as LA times for 3 days)
5. BEC then forward the resumes from people who are interested in your job to your employer for interview.
6. your employer has at least 30 days to complete all interviews and prepare reports as to why they do not qualify for the position.
7. mail back your interview results back to BEC.
8. BEC officer review your case and reach a decision.

hope this helps....if i miss anything anyone is welcome to add.

-shagua

Hi shaguna,
That is really a good information. I was also confused about this entire process. Thanks a lot. I wish I would have applied in RIR and EB2 category.
Your post always cheer me up eventhough it is not relating to my issues.Thanks and god bless you. :cool:

45-day letter received

I just got off the phone with our HR officer. He said that they received my 45-day letter on 2/22/06. I am one of those Texas State cases (with Enterject contractor mess). Now the fate is at Dallas BEC's hand.

Just want to share this information with those Texas TR souls.

Please Put in the Tracker

A colleague of mine who is non-RIR received 45 day letter and replied:

ID: NJRuss

NJ Traditional
PD: February 2002
45 Day Letter Received: Feb 15, 2006
Replied: Same day

Hi shagua:

I just got another screenshot, it only has the top part of last screen shot, what confused me most is the case source is "state", although my rd is 11/04? There's no "date submitted" section, and the status changed to "data review" from "TR"...IS IT GOING BACKWARDS?

I really began to lose faith now...

:confused: :( :mad:

Hi Shagua,

I haven't heard anything on my case yet. I know a couple of my friends got 45 day letters. Their PDs are in 2002 and 2003.

Anyway, my employer filed PERM for me in Jan 2006 and labor got approved last week. They are now preparing to file for my I-140. After that we will just wait for my PD to get current and then apply for I-485. Meanwhile, if my old TR case (PD Nov 2001) comes through, I will be able to file I-140 and 485 both since the cut-off date for EB2 is past Nov 2001.

hi uhbiv:

i guess your screen shot looks different than mine. i had two sections of information.

top section: name, case source, pd, job title, hour of pay etc...

bottom section: data review with 6 dates (date submitted, correction option returned, existence check....etc.)

don't know how you can find out more info about the case if BEC is hiding the bottom section.

-shagua

txtramdream said:
I just got off the phone with our HR officer. He said that they received my 45-day letter on 2/22/06. I am one of those Texas State cases (with Enterject contractor mess). Now the fate is at Dallas BEC's hand.

Just want to share this information with those Texas TR souls.

hi txtramdream:

thank you for the post. i am sure many of the texas and non texas friends will all benefit from the info. but don't forget to change the info in your signiture though.... :p

good luck...

-shagua

hiannie said:
Hi shagua:

I just got another screenshot, it only has the top part of last screen shot, what confused me most is the case source is "state", although my rd is 11/04? There's no "date submitted" section, and the status changed to "data review" from "TR"...IS IT GOING BACKWARDS?

I really began to lose faith now...

:confused: :( :mad:

hi annie:

please don't loose faith. you are almost there.

as far as i see...i am happy to see your case source change because this means someone at BEC actually touched your case. when i had my screen shot, it also had some errors in it. for example the date BEC received my 45 day letter was 01/05/05 but BEC inputed as 01/05/03. when the information on screen shot do not move that's when i become alarmed. i still believe your approval is around the corner.

if i find any other info that's similar to your case i will post it here.

-shagua

Thank you shagua

Shagua,

Thank you for your reminder. I have updated my signature. :p

shagua said:
hi txtramdream:

thank you for the post. i am sure many of the texas and non texas friends will all benefit from the info. but don't forget to change the info in your signiture though.... :p

good luck...

-shagua

Hi Shagua please advise

I have received a screenshot from DBEC last year which showed the following fields:

ETA Case Number: D-05172-77XXX
Priority Date: 05/23/2002
Processing Type: TR
Case Source: State
Employer Name: XXXXX
Business Activity: ?????
Occupation Title: XXXX
Occupation Code: XXXX
Rate of Pay: ?????
Prevailing Wage: ????
Alien Name: XXXXXXX
Visa Type: H-1B
Nationality or Citizenship: ??????
Case Received Date: 05/23/2002
Processing Center: Dallas Backlog Elimination Center

However, my attorney sent me the latest screenshot just before she received the 45-day letter which shows the same info except the following changes:

Business Activity: XXXXX
Rate of Pay: XXX
Prevailing Wage: XXX
Nationality or Citizenship: XXXX
Case Source: ?????
Case Status: Data Review

So, my questions are:

1. Why the Case Source has been omitted now?
2. why the PD and case received dates are the same?

Could you please explain?

Thanks for the advise.

Note: XXX means there is data and ???? means it is blank

MI_NonRIR said:
Case Status: Data Review

So, my questions are:

1. Why the Case Source has been omitted now?
2. why the PD and case received dates are the same?

Could you please explain?

Thanks for the advise.

Note: XXX means there is data and ???? means it is blank

hi MI_NonRIR:

1. you should go by the screen shot. BEC might have been trying to get the letters out instead of making sure all info on the 45 day letter are accurate.

2. my pd and case received date are different. i don't know why yours show the same. we know that BEC's procedure is not as well planned as they hoped to be. different officer enter different dates you know...

hope this helps....

-shagua