Non RIR Discussion Only !

life_w/o_gc said:
Hi Gurus,

Can somebody please update on the 45 days letter.
I read in couple of last posts that people are getting 45days letters
from Dallas.

My PD is April 2002, when can I expect my 45 days letter?

Thanks in advace.

Do you have a screen shot ? what is your BRC number ?

gneerajg said:
Hi Shagua,

Thanks for the reply. One more thing to clarify even if ur case is remanded do u still have the same priority date as of Non-RIR

Neeraj

hi gneerajg:

my case was not a remanded one but i do think the priority date is the same as non-rir.

-shagua

hankdane said:
Shagua,

Thanks for the info. I had heard that RIR is not possible anymore. What this goes to show is how confusing it all is...

hi hankdane:

here is what i read from murthy.com

DOL Confirms RIR Conversion Still Exists
Posted Jan 20, 2006
©MurthyDotCom
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has confirmed the continuing validity of a procedure established in 2001 for converting labor certifications filed under traditional processing (Non-RIR) to the Reduction in Recruitment (RIR) procedure. This procedure only applies to cases filed on or before August 3, 2001. It only applies to a limited group of cases pending with the Backlog Processing Centers (BPCs), therefore, and does not apply to PERM cases.
©MurthyDotCom
Procedure : Labor Certifications Prior to Aug 3, 2001
©MurthyDotCom
Information on what is required for a conversion is available in our August 10, 2001 article, DOL Issues Long Awaited RIR Conversion Regulations, available on MurthyDotCom. This procedure may still be helpful to some people with older cases at the BPCs. While the cases at the BPCs are supposed to be processed in a First-In / First-Out (FIFO) order, traditional cases and RIR cases are in two different tracks. The processing and training protocols for the two types of cases differ. Therefore, it may be beneficial to convert an old, non-RIR case at the BPC to an RIR case. It will remain with the BPC, but might move more quickly.
©MurthyDotCom
Conclusion
©MurthyDotCom
Those who are eligible for this conversion from regular LC to the RIR process should speak with an experienced immigration attorney. We again emphasize that this has nothing to do with converting cases from BPC cases to PERM cases, or for any cases filed after August 3, 2001.

i wasn't trying to confuse anyone. again, i am not saying people who are waiting should convert. one of the reader from this thread asked about this i only said i remember reading something about that. if this helps anyone who is in non rir track then he/she should speak to the attorney immediately.

-shagua

Last edited by a moderator:
life_w/o_gc said:
Hi Gurus,

My PD is April 2002, when can I expect my 45 days letter?

Thanks in advace.

hi life_w/o_gc:

with april 2002 pd i think you should be getting your 45 day letter soon(if lucky this or next month). even though boxes are open randomly but i do believe each box is marked with filing dates. if BEC is really committing to issue 45 day letter before the end of 2006, i think you should see the 45 day letter before mid 2006. hang in there life_w/o_gc.

good luck to ya.

-shagua

Hello All,

I forgot that i applied a Non-RIR Labor in Apr 03. however, yesterday I got a letter from Dallas Backlog center asking if my employer is still willing to go ahead with the case. Since my RIR related case was denied at the 140 stage b'coz of my education, i have to go ahead with this Non-RIR case.

However, my question is, can i make amends/ corrections to the educational requirements in the Non-RIR labor before it gets approved. If yes, how so?

Please advise...

NY non-RIR cases in process?

Hello all,

Especially those non-RIR I suspect.

Go to: http://atwork.nypost.com/

In "Search Keywords", enter: "484-270-1600"

You will get a list of postings for recruitment efforts the Backlog Center is doing. Mostly in the P-05031-XXXXX to P-05033-XXXXX because they in fact post the ETA number they are recruiting for.

Just wanted to let you know.

JW

very interesting find JW

Yes, those numbers look like Job Orders posted by BECs.
I don't think BECs are looking to hire Meat Cutters for their work, though they have definitely hired some blood suckers.
My guess is PBEC seems to be processing 245i cases. None of those job orders were for IT.
Regards,
DGB

JustWatching said:
Hello all,

You will get a list of postings for recruitment efforts the Backlog Center is doing. Mostly in the P-05031-XXXXX to P-05033-XXXXX because they in fact post the ETA number they are recruiting for.

JW

What exactly is happening here. Is PBEC publishing the Ads or are the applicants doing it under PBECs supervision? Somewhat mystified here. They do look like 245i.

Thanks,

Canonrir: non-rir pd:10/10/03 transfered from ca-swa, no 45 day

found some ads in www.jobsearch.com

again PBEC ( search for keyword '484-270-1600')

There is an engg/IT type of job listed for Nashville.

---------

JustWatching said:
Hello all,

JW

My company told me they are pushing for all of Non-RIR case could convert to RIR right now. I hope the pushing could work.

I work for one of the biggest IT company in U.S

shagua said:
hi hankdane:

Posted Jan 20, 2006
©MurthyDotCom
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has confirmed the continuing validity of a procedure established in 2001 for converting labor certifications filed under traditional processing (Non-RIR) to the Reduction in Recruitment (RIR) procedure. This procedure only applies to cases filed on or before August 3, 2001. It only applies to a limited group of cases pending with the Backlog Processing Centers (BPCs), therefore, and does not apply to PERM cases.
©MurthyDotCom
Procedure : Labor Certifications Prior to Aug 3, 2001
©MurthyDotCom
Information on what is required for a conversion is available in our August 10, 2001 article, DOL Issues Long Awaited RIR Conversion Regulations, available on MurthyDotCom. This procedure may still be helpful to some people with older cases at the BPCs. While the cases at the BPCs are supposed to be processed in a First-In / First-Out (FIFO) order, traditional cases and RIR cases are in two different tracks. The processing and training protocols for the two types of cases differ. Therefore, it may be beneficial to convert an old, non-RIR case at the BPC to an RIR case. It will remain with the BPC, but might move more quickly.
©MurthyDotCom
Conclusion
©MurthyDotCom
Those who are eligible for this conversion from regular LC to the RIR process should speak with an experienced immigration attorney. We again emphasize that this has nothing to do with converting cases from BPC cases to PERM cases, or for any cases filed after August 3, 2001.

i wasn't trying to confuse anyone. again, i am not saying people who are waiting should convert. one of the reader from this thread asked about this i only said i remember reading something about that. if this helps anyone who is in non rir track then he/she should speak to the attorney immediately.

-shagua

Eb3 Non Rir

PR-> june 21 2001
CA
03-25-2003-> RIR Remanded to local SWA for supervised recruitment
D0513313634
Received 45 days notice
Replied 12/16/2005

Wondering when will be I get Labour?

Where do I look what they are processing?

shagua said:
hi hankdane:

Posted Jan 20, 2006
©MurthyDotCom
©MurthyDotCom
-shagua

Hi Shagua,
It looks like this is only for cases filed before Aug 3, 2001. Is there any way for cases like me (Feb 13, 2004, EB3 TR) to convert into RIR or PERM. In the mean time my job title and salary got changed even though I am working in the same department in same company. I believe that is creating confusion with my attorneys and HR people. When I asked about amending existing application at BRC, she told me that it is not possible.

Conversion to RIR

Do you guys think that it is prudent for me to convert to RIR?

Here are my case details:
Labour Certification
Case filed in Michigan
Case Type: TR
PD: August 28, 2000
RD: Feb 7,2003
45 day letter: Feb 18, 2005.
Response to 45 day letter: March 2005
ETA Case Number: D-05011-XXXXX

polarpv said:

Labour Certification
Case filed in Michigan

You mean PERM, for me(EB3 non-RIR) also thinking is it safe to go for PERM withPD june 2001?

bunny01 said:
Hello All,

I forgot that i applied a Non-RIR Labor in Apr 03. however, yesterday I got a letter from Dallas Backlog center asking if my employer is still willing to go ahead with the case. Since my RIR related case was denied at the 140 stage b'coz of my education, i have to go ahead with this Non-RIR case.

However, my question is, can i make amends/ corrections to the educational requirements in the Non-RIR labor before it gets approved. If yes, how so?

Please advise...

hi bunny01:

welcome to the thread. here are two questions so that I can get a bigger picture about your case.

1. has your non-rir case pass recruitment stage?
2. was the education requirement met prior to the offer of the employeement? in other words prior to your filing of the non rir case.

-shagua

JustWatching said:
Hello all,

JW

hi JW!!!

wow~~~ JW in the house, people..

thanks for the info to our non-rir fighters.

-shagua

anuvij said:
PR-> june 21 2001
CA
03-25-2003-> RIR Remanded to local SWA for supervised recruitment
D0513313634
Received 45 days notice
Replied 12/16/2005

Wondering when will be I get Labour?

Where do I look what they are processing?

hi anuvij:

welcome to the family...
my guess is you should hear something the end of the year or early next year. once a while we see a case in 2003 gets approved. so i say anything could happen just hang in there.

you can go to a thread name "BEC priority date tracker" this is the excel sheet maintain by our big bro JW. very helpful info.

wish u luck...

-shagua

tarikida said:
Hi Shagua,
It looks like this is only for cases filed before Aug 3, 2001. Is there any way for cases like me (Feb 13, 2004, EB3 TR) to convert into RIR or PERM. In the mean time my job title and salary got changed even though I am working in the same department in same company. I believe that is creating confusion with my attorneys and HR people. When I asked about amending existing application at BRC, she told me that it is not possible.

hi tarikida:

i have seen other gurus in this thread talked about converting to perm. you are right it's too late for you to conver to rir but you can always discuss with an attorney about your options. before you go for perm, i highly recommend you talk with your attorney because eb3 in any country all has a cut off date (currently at 05/2001) if you perm is not successfully converted you might loose your pd. i recommend just stay put and see what happens. i remember just not too long ago a case in 2003 got approved. so keep faith and hang in there.

-shagua

polarpv said:

Labour Certification
Case filed in Michigan

hi polarpv:

looking at your pd being so old in 2000, i think the officer might be reviewing your recruitment process or your employer's response to the potential candidates who responded to your advertisement. if i were you, i would stay put because your approval might be just around the corner.

hope this helps...

-shagua

Conversion to RIR

No, I was thinking about converting to RIR since my priority date is from 2000.

anuvij said:
You mean PERM, for me(EB3 non-RIR) also thinking is it safe to go for PERM withPD june 2001?