Non RIR Discussion Only !

45 day letter rcvd

I finally rcvd the 45 day letter on Nov 1, 2005.
The letter is dated Oct 28th, 2005

BarneySha

bharatpremi said:
Gurus,

Can you please help me to interpret this?

I communicated to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US one month back from now and again I communicated within last 3 days asking for 'Request to verify that my Alien Labor Certification application is pending more than 365 days for 7th year onward extension'. Both replied have differed for 2 fields. 1) Cast status: during first communication it mentioned 'Incomplete' and during recent communication there was no field named 'Case Status'. 2) Case receive date: During first communication, they mentioned the date here which is exactly similar as my 'priority date' but this time this field exists in the reply but there is no date data.

Note: 'Case Source' shows 'State' and 'Processing Type' shows 'TR'

Other fields and data contained within them remain the same for both communication.

- Bharat Premi
EB3-NON RIR
PD: July 2003
State: MA

Hi Bharat:

Looking at your PD and the fact that you still need recruitment instruction from BEC, i believe you have a long time to wait(more than a year). as far as i know, DBEC is only processing 04/2001 TR cases up to now. i would not be able to speculate on when you can get your labor cert until you receive recruitment instruction from BEC. i waited 4.5 years for my labor cert to be approved and i got my recruitment instruction 3 years after i filed the case. hopefully this gives you a general picture on how long the wait is. yours may be faster than mine but i still believe the wait is more than 3 years until you get the final approval.

the screen shot case status is more helpful to those with real old PDs and the cases that already made to regional.

-shagua

Last edited by a moderator:
life_w/o_gc said:
Hi lfgc,

SWA case means never made it to regional?
CO-Reg means made it to regional?

:confused:

Could you please clarify?
You are right...SWA case means never made it to regional.
CO-Reg: means from State - Colorado...did not make it to Regional...if it had made it, then it would have been Denver (Denver was handling the regional cases for CO & few other surrounding states).
rgds,
LFGC
CO-Reg-EB3-Mar2002-DBPC-Dec2004-45 day ltr-Oct2005

shagua,

Thanks for your response. How can I know that I am already entered into 'recruitment instruction from BEC stage' ?

- Bharat Premi
shagua said:
Hi Bharat:

Looking at your PD and the fact that you still need recruitment instruction from BEC, i believe you have a long time to wait(more than a year). as far as i know, DBEC is only processing 04/2001 TR cases up to now. i would not be able to speculate on when you can get your labor cert until you receive recruitment instruction from BEC. i waited 4.5 years for my labor cert to be approved and i got my recruitment instruction 3 years after i filed the case. hopefully this gives you a general picture on how long the wait is. yours may be faster than mine but i still believe the wait is more than 3 years until you get the final approval.

the screen shot case status is more helpful to those with real old PDs and the cases that already made to regional.

-shagua

EB3,non RIR

My case is non RIR,EB3.
labor PD Oct29 2003.
Moved to philidelphia BEC
Received 45 Day letter on Sep 2005.

smbaps

Labor certification For TR case April 2001

My attorny just told me that they have received my labor certification to day by mail. It took 4 1/2 Years. The particulars of my case are as under:

Priority date: April 26, 2001
Filed at : TWC
Case opened at TWC for recruitment: October 2003
Transfered for Dallas Regional office: 11th April 2004
Transfered to Dallas BEC: October 2004
45 day letter replied : Jan 2, 2005
Labor approval recieved by mail: Nov 4, 2005
Labor case: TR - EB2

Looks like they are presently clearing up cases which has reached regional and having priority date April 26-27, 2001.

MBBS said:
My attorny just told me that they have received my labor certification to day by mail. It took 4 1/2 Years.

Looks like they are presently clearing up cases which has reached regional and having priority date April 26-27, 2001.

Congratulations.

I am waiting for this April 2001 to get over. Lets hope for the best.

MBBS said:
My attorny just told me that they have received my labor certification to day by mail. It took 4 1/2 Years. The particulars of my case are as under:

gratz on the approval!!

-shagua

bharatpremi said:
shagua,

Thanks for your response. How can I know that I am already entered into 'recruitment instruction from BEC stage' ?

- Bharat Premi

you can't find out until BEC notify you.

-shagua

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share some info. Today I talked to my lawer, she said

Backlog offices are expected to work on Non RIR cases in 4-5 months.

She is hoping for the bill to get pass in next two weeks. :confused:

I have no idea whether its a good news or bad.

MBBS said:

Great

Congratulations MBBS.. Hope to get mone too soon....

Regards

Did anybody from California recieved 45 day letter?

It looks like Philly BEC is much ahead of DallasBEC. my PD is 02/2003 (california) and I still didn't recieve my 45 days letter!! Did anybody from cali either from 2002 or 2003 recieved 45 day letter? (ofcourse that should be a non-RIR category)

Cheers

smbaps said:
My case is non RIR,EB3.
labor PD Oct29 2003.
Moved to philidelphia BEC
Received 45 Day letter on Sep 2005.

smbaps

A very late response

Hi there,

I'm sorry for being so late in noticing this thread. I was applying for EB3 non-RIR labor with priority date of May 2000 at TWC, then DOL in July 2001. Yes, a very ancient case. I didn't get my LC approval till March 2005. If there is any consolation to you guys who has priority date of 2000/2001, my I-140 was approved in less than 3 weeks. :) So, once you get pass the LC, I'm sure your I-140 will be approved very fast. The only problem now is the I-485. Hopefully not another 4 yrs and 10 months for me.

Regards,
bbli

TR Regional cases

Experts,

Why is Dallas not certifying Regional TR cases like Regional RIR cases?.
After long time we saw MBBS approval.
In the tracker we are seeing same 10 approvals for several months.
It looks like they are approving one per month.

My case(TR) PD is 1/31/03 and is state cleared one(regional case).
When do you guy's think, i will get my LC??..

Guys, Please share your thoughts on this.

good to see u here, bbli

bbli said:
Hi there,

I'm sorry for being so late in noticing this thread. I was applying for EB3 non-RIR labor with priority date of May 2000 at TWC, then DOL in July 2001. Yes, a very ancient case. I didn't get my LC approval till March 2005. If there is any consolation to you guys who has priority date of 2000/2001, my I-140 was approved in less than 3 weeks. :) So, once you get pass the LC, I'm sure your I-140 will be approved very fast. The only problem now is the I-485. Hopefully not another 4 yrs and 10 months for me.

Regards,
bbli

Hi bbli:

it's soooooo encouraging and comforting to know your 140 got approved in less than 3 weeks! i have seen other july 140 filers who have not receive their 140 yet. do u think service centers take PD into consideration when they approve 140 cases?

-shagua

badluckinusa said:
Experts,

Why is Dallas not certifying Regional TR cases like Regional RIR cases?.
After long time we saw MBBS approval.
In the tracker we are seeing same 10 approvals for several months.
It looks like they are approving one per month.

My case(TR) PD is 1/31/03 and is state cleared one(regional case).
When do you guy's think, i will get my LC??..

Guys, Please share your thoughts on this.

Hi badluckinusa,

at this point, i don't think anyone can give a good estimate on the timeline of your labor cert. looks like the TR track is barely picking up. all I see is that BEC is still working on apr 2001 for TR. i feel your pain in this long wait. just hang in there and keep coming back to this thread ;) .

-shagua

My Status

Looks like I have a long way to go. I have left with 13 months before I hit 6th year wall. Guys any suggestion on either to go for PERM process(i may lose 365days of PD before my 6th year) or to wait indefinitely.

Looks like, this is the worst immigration system of the most immigrant friendly country

hoplesLC said:
Looks like I have a long way to go. I have left with 13 months before I hit 6th year wall. Guys any suggestion on either to go for PERM process(i may lose 365days of PD before my 6th year) or to wait indefinitely.

Looks like, this is the worst immigration system of the most immigrant friendly country

hi hoplesLC:

if u go with perm, let's say u get your LC in 2 months and then u apply 140, u still have long wait at 485 stage (with 2004PD). if u loose your 2004 PD after u convert then the wait at 485 is even longer.

at this point, i would not do anything and observe the visa number situation this month and next month. if visa number opens up then i would reconsider.

hope this helps.

-shagua <----going on 8th H-1

Hey guys,
Don't just give up,we all have to go a long way.Keep posting your info or share

your info. Please give hope to each other. Make this thread more and more

interesting for all of us. WhatALabor where are you?

Please post any update on NON-RIR cases.

Thanks.

PD April 2002/EB3
CA
No 45 days letter :(

life_w/o_gc said:
Hey guys,
Don't just give up,we all have to go a long way.Keep posting your info or share

your info. Please give hope to each other. Make this thread more and more

interesting for all of us. WhatALabor where are you?

Please post any update on NON-RIR cases.

Thanks.

PD April 2002/EB3
CA
No 45 days letter :(

Hi life_w/o_gc,

I am here waiting... did not hear anything in the last couple of weeks, also had been very busy. The latest news I heard was that, DBEC is trying to catch up with the data entry; may be that is why we have seen a decline in the number of approvals lately. Also I tried to derive a a pattern of aproval from the tracker. It looks to me that the eventhough about 75% of the approval follow PD FIFO, I also noticed that the

1) --regions that shipped early is also getting slight advantage(Look at Texas approvals)

2) -- To certain extend NON-RIR cases that received letters early also has a slight advantage (look at shagua, MBBS), If that is the case, then I would not be surprised to see some more approvals with PD's later than mine before mine comes through; also because of an address change Issue I could not respond to 45 day letter immdeately, That could delay my case by about 25 days :eek: ;

Well like life_w/o_gc said let us keep posting...

Regards
WAL