Non RIR Discussion Only !

Received the recruitment notice

I got an email from the lawyer saying that they have received the recruitment notice for my case. I see that many 2001/2002/early 2003 guys have yet to receive one. So, I guess BEC is not following FIFO - may be they are going by "boxes" they receive from SWA's.

According to the lawyer recruitment period will be 75 days (45 days of active recruitment plus 30 days of inactive - to give time for US candidates to respond). The recruitment report is due after 75 days. I don't know when the clock start for the 75 days - may be after my employer/lawyer place the adv.

Also, I don't see my adv. in AJB.

Here are my details:
BEC: Philadelphia
Case Number: P-05167-6XXXX
State: VA
Priority Date: Aug 2003
45 day letter: Feb 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
waiting200X said:
HI, Woud you please tell me when you submit your conversion requierment? I want to see how long BEC will repsonse the conversion. I think for your case, BEC is working on that because your case status is changing. That is a good sign. thanks.

It was filed close to a month ago.
Thanks

My TR to RIR conversion application was filed on Oct. 26, 2006. Yesterday online status check showed my case was CERTIFIED. I could not believe that happened so fast, but it is!!!

My profile:

PD: April 26, 2003
Type: NON-RIR EB3
45 Letter received: May 30, 2006.
BEC: Dallas
Case No: D-05223-01***

viniwu said:
My TR to RIR conversion application was filed on Oct. 26, 2006. Yesterday online status check showed my case was CERTIFIED. I could not believe that happened so fast, but it is!!!

My profile:

PD: April 26, 2003
Type: NON-RIR EB3
45 Letter received: May 30, 2006.
BEC: Dallas
Case No: D-05223-01***

Congratulations!

Could you povide us the basis of converting it to RIR. Like how long did you wait after the ad published in paper? How many print ad you submitted? Did BEC asked for any other informations? What other source of recruitments were conducted?

Thank you

Actually I did the recruitment by exactly following the PERM requirment, including
one month with SWA, two sunday ads, three other sources of 15 days ads, like company web site, job search site and newspaper. I intended to file PERM and take over the PD, but after DOL post news on Oct 6, 2006 about TR to RIR conversion, I decided to file conversion instead of PERM. DBEC did not ask for any more information but certified my case. That is my story. Good luck to everyone!

viniwu said:
Actually I did the recruitment by exactly following the PERM requirment, including
one month with SWA, two sunday ads, three other sources of 15 days ads, like company web site, job search site and newspaper. I intended to file PERM and take over the PD, but after DOL post news on Oct 6, 2006 about TR to RIR conversion, I decided to file conversion instead of PERM. DBEC did not ask for any more information but certified my case. That is my story. Good luck to everyone!
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Way to find your job posted in AJB for DBEC

In Dallas BEC case we have to remove "D-" while searching.

Instruction:
1) Go to
http://www.jobsearch.org/seeker/jobsearch/numbersearch

2) Select "Company Job Id" from first drop down list.

3) Select "Partial Matches" radio buttom.

4) Now enter your ETA number without "D-" e.g. 05173-XXXXX.

I found my job for remanded case from Jul 2001 originally RIR then became non-RIR because of remand.

hi,

wanted to throw this idea out for all rir cases which were remanded back to state from 2001/2002

why dont you write a letter and mail, usps to that RIR CONVERSION REQUEST postal address ,asking them to treat your case as rir as it was originally applied in rir and just process it that way!!

I know this request has to come from lawyers, but if your lawyers like mine, don't want to help, then we need to help ourselves!!

just a thought which i wanted to share, so pls go easy on me folks....

Goodluck!!

Hi Stuck2001

Do you know the process from this point on ? how many ads to be run etc.

How long will it take now for the case to be adjudicated..

stuck2001 said:
In Dallas BEC case we have to remove "D-" while searching.

Instruction:
1) Go to
http://www.jobsearch.org/seeker/jobsearch/numbersearch

2) Select "Company Job Id" from first drop down list.

3) Select "Partial Matches" radio buttom.

4) Now enter your ETA number without "D-" e.g. 05173-XXXXX.

I found my job for remanded case from Jul 2001 originally RIR then became non-RIR because of remand.

GCBy2010 said:
Do you know the process from this point on ? how many ads to be run etc.

How long will it take now for the case to be adjudicated..
My lawyer did not contact me yet. I think she will get recruitment instruction this week. But from our forums it's seems the fastest is 3 months. I believe average is 4 months.

I think I am looking at March-April 2007 ( provided I retain my job ). I hope they don't find person with GC or citizenship and LC gets cleared. Fortunately I am EB2. So, if quota for India for EB2 is open in April 2007 I will apply I-140 and I-485.

I will also try to implement csrini1 suggestion to send mail. Thanks csrini1 for trying help...

The ting that amazed me this guys have guts to ask for recruitment instruction, after sitting on it for 5.5 years on remanded RIR cases.

Here we go again !!!

Something we knew all along :eek:

12/11/2006: DOL to Proposes to Change Backlog Elimination Date from September 2006 to February 2007

* According to the DOL rule-making agenda, the DOL intends to propose the delay of the backlog elimination date to February 2007.

I Guess there was a typo at OH Law firm. So it will be Feb 2008 :mad: :mad:

Question

My company got RI and have put an ad in the paper.
HR is keeping me completely of the loop for the RI process since they dont want to have any percieved bias in the process from DOL stand point.

my doubt is dont the AD's need to run on the weekend, my AD it seems was posted today....

thanks

sachv_ said:
My company got RI and have put an ad in the paper.
HR is keeping me completely of the loop for the RI process since they dont want to have any percieved bias in the process from DOL stand point.

my doubt is dont the AD's need to run on the weekend, my AD it seems was posted today....

thanks
AD's need to run atleast for 3 days of which one should be a Sunday. Speaking of bias, there is nothing you can do. All the resumes will be sent directly to PBEC. They will forward all the suitable candidates if they find one. hope this helps.

Feel lucky

Because I have been prepared all this times and so confident this will happen.

epidural said:
Something we knew all along :eek:

12/11/2006: DOL to Proposes to Change Backlog Elimination Date from September 2006 to February 2007

* According to the DOL rule-making agenda, the DOL intends to propose the delay of the backlog elimination date to February 2007.

I Guess there was a typo at OH Law firm. So it will be Feb 2008 :mad: :mad:
:(

so_depressed said:
Because I have been prepared all this times and so confident this will happen.

:(

Do you think BEC will ever clear all the cases? My bet is never. They are enticing all of us to move to RIR. Whoever wants GC will atleast try to move to RIR and BEC will approve only those. The remaining will become a minority as days pass by and will get frustrated and either go through PERM or leave the country. Since the numbers will keep on decreasing (in absolute and percentage terms), their voice will never be heard. Just another example of divide and rule!

jay1971 said:
Do you think BEC will ever clear all the cases? My bet is never. They are enticing all of us to move to RIR. Whoever wants GC will atleast try to move to RIR and BEC will approve only those. The remaining will become a minority as days pass by and will get frustrated and either go through PERM or leave the country. Since the numbers will keep on decreasing (in absolute and percentage terms), their voice will never be heard. Just another example of divide and rule!

I monitor only MA cases and there are dozens of job ads from PBEC every day. I don't think they're ignoring TR cases.

Hi Epidural,
I am in the same position as sachv_. Does the company need to put an Ad on the premises apart from the newspaper?

epidural said:
AD's need to run atleast for 3 days of which one should be a Sunday. Speaking of bias, there is nothing you can do. All the resumes will be sent directly to PBEC. They will forward all the suitable candidates if they find one. hope this helps.

shanpai said:
Hi Epidural,
I am in the same position as sachv_. Does the company need to put an Ad on the premises apart from the newspaper?
Yes. They have to put up a notice for 10 days anytime during the recruitment period. The format everything is specified by PBEC which basically says that the employer is trying to recruit you and they are processing your GC. I hope it is not a cause of worry for you.

Latest Update, Non-IRI, Michigan, EB3

xman_74 said:
Here's the latest update I have:

Non-IRI, Michigan, EB3
PD = April 19, 2001
45-day Letter = April 17, 2006
45-day Replied = before May 5, 2006
Case # = D-06061-xxxxx
Adds => Sep 06
LC => Dec 7, 06 (approx date)

I agree with Gravitaion, DBEC posts average about 200 ads everyday since Nov.1, so they are working on TR cases.

gravitation said:
My monitor only MA cases and there are dozens of job ads from PBEC every day. I don't think they're ignoring TR cases.