Non RIR Discussion Only !

I don't think there is an answer for this. My company submitted conversion request some time early this January. Nothing happens to those case since then. It just depends on what BEC handles the priorities.

anstoss214 said:
my company has submitted my conversion request to convert my remanded RIR back to RIR. just wonder if anyone can please share how long it takes to get such request processed? would this speed up the certification process compared to waiting in TR queue?

my understanding is once the request is filed, it will be processed in a dedicated queue in a FIFO fashion. and if the request is granted, the case will be come RIR and put back into RIR queue and processed in the order of PD.

my PD is Nov 2001, california.

appeciate your input and comment. thanks.

Converting TR to RIR cases

Dear friends,

I requested my attorney to convert TR to RIR.

My company has moved to different address after they filed my case. Since the company address has changed, they cannot convert my TR case to RIR -- This is what I got from my attorney. Is it true statement? I really seek your help on this, please help me.

Sincerely,
Vikk

Recruiting Instruction Recieved

Hi,

I recieved the recruiting instructions from Phil BEC today. It says that the recruitment period is going to be 1 month (mid Dec - mid Jan). In parallel to their posting they require my employer to do some actions too, such as publish it in the local newspaper for three days, post on the internal board and etc.

Case Changed to WITHDRAWN status

I have never been able to see the status using the PDS online system. Just today I checked my case number, and noticed it has been changed to WITHDRAWN. I think it is an error from DOL on its part. I checked the status by changing T to D as the case is in Dallas.

What do you guys think about how many of the INPROCESS and DATA REVIEW cases are:
1. TR vs RIR
2. EB2 vs EB3
3. India vs ROW

Phew

I finally see my ad on AJB. What a relief. Any idea how long it takes from the time the job ad is posted until it gets certified? Any information appreciated.

NJ TR, P-051XX-XXXXX
PD Feb 2003
EB2
45 day letter received Nov 2005

Folks from AT&T

Anybody from AT&T? Recently I did see a lot of ads with AT&T specific title such as 'Senior Technical Stuff' in ajb. I wonder do you guys want to share the progress?

nohope_for_lc said:
I believe they have a automated program that delete all old Jobs after certain amount of time. I think someone screwed up that program and deleted all jobs and it keeps deleting. The Jobs I saw this morning are deleted too.

But PBEC hasn't noticed it yet. Someone needs to notify them. People who had posted jobs before please contact your attorney to contact PBEC.

Does anyone have any update on this? My TR job listing still shows up as "deleted or inactivated by Employer" but the more recent listings show up ok. All Listings for Engineer jobs posted on or before Nov 30 seem to be removed (They seem to be listed for only 5 days). My theory is somebody is listing these jobs like 245(i) jobs which may have to go through less recruitment (Does anybody know how long 245(i) jobs need to be listed for?) I asked my lawyer to check, he sent an email to info@phi.dflc.us but I don't know how long it will take for him to get a reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the rush ???

vsaminat said:
Does anyone have any update on this? My TR job listing still shows up as "deleted or inactivated by Employer" but the more recent listings show up ok. All Listings for Engineer jobs posted on or before Nov 30 seem to be removed (They seem to be listed for only 5 days). My theory is somebody is listing these jobs like 245(i) jobs which may have to go through less recruitment (Does anybody know how long 245(i) jobs need to be listed for?) I asked my lawyer to check, he sent an email to info@phi.dflc.us but I don't know how long it will take for him to get a reply.
vsaminat , I dont think they will have different duration of ADVT for 245(i). I am from April 2001. My RI had mentioned 30 days recruitment period. Now if they have deleted all the Jobs prior to Nov 30, Good for us :D Why do you want your job to be seen by more people ;) ?. Anyways now that your lawyer has initiated a query keep us posted.

epidural said:
vsaminat , I dont think they will have different duration of ADVT for 245(i). I am from April 2001. My RI had mentioned 30 days recruitment period. Now if they have deleted all the Jobs prior to Nov 30, Good for us :D Why do you want your job to be seen by more people ;) ?. Anyways now that your lawyer has initiated a query keep us posted.

That would be well and good if it works as you say. My fear is that BEC messed up and then 30 days or more will pass before they realize their mistake and say that the job needs to be posted again!! You know how many times people have been affected by BEC mistakes!!!

labordrags said:
I have never been able to see the status using the PDS online system. Just today I checked my case number, and noticed it has been changed to WITHDRAWN. I think it is an error from DOL on its part. I checked the status by changing T to D as the case is in Dallas.

Get a screenshot or have your lawyer contact DBEC.

already did

gravitation said:
Get a screenshot or have your lawyer contact DBEC.

I don't think they will Entertain my request in sending my screenprint. Attorney is already in touch with them, but the publication in DOL's clear directive doesn't include of lawyers inquiry to the withdrawn cases. Well, lets see what would be the ultimate outcome of this aging game.

Hi Labor2003,
Can you tell me how long did it take for your lawyer to receive recruitment instructions from the time your job was posted on ajb.org?

thanks

Labor2003 said:
Hi,

I recieved the recruiting instructions from Phil BEC today. It says that the recruitment period is going to be 1 month (mid Dec - mid Jan). In parallel to their posting they require my employer to do some actions too, such as publish it in the local newspaper for three days, post on the internal board and etc.

My job hasn't been posted yet. The RI generated on Nov 29th says it will be from 14 of Dec to 15th of Jan. I think the lawyer will need to do some preparations before that (obtaining prewailing wage, etc).

shanpai said:
Hi Labor2003,
Can you tell me how long did it take for your lawyer to receive recruitment instructions from the time your job was posted on ajb.org?

thanks

shanpai said:
I finally see my ad on AJB. What a relief. Any idea how long it takes from the time the job ad is posted until it gets certified? Any information appreciated.
Shanpai, I saw my Ad posted on Nov 8th and i called my lawyer to let her know that they will receiving RI's. They had received RI by the time i called. I noticed that the AD was posted on 4th Nov but was visible on AJB on 8th. So i think you should hear from you lawyer soon, or as i did you can call them to check their mailbox.

Labor2003 said:
My job hasn't been posted yet. The RI generated on Nov 29th says it will be from 14 of Dec to 15th of Jan. I think the lawyer will need to do some preparations before that (obtaining prewailing wage, etc).
Labor2003, My guess is that you AD already appeared on AJB on Nov 29th, but was deleted with other jobs prior to Dec 1st. If you query AJB you wont be able to see jobs prior to Dec 1st. Just a guess.

For DBEC I'm seeing 6800 ads now, so it must have most ads from early November.

epidural said:
Labor2003, My guess is that you AD already appeared on AJB on Nov 29th, but was deleted with other jobs prior to Dec 1st. If you query AJB you wont be able to see jobs prior to Dec 1st. Just a guess.

DBEC posted one TR ad with Aug.2001 PD

This is a person from my company and I know (s)he has PD of Aug.2001. However, the weird thing is that (s)he already finished recruitment and sent result back. So not sure if this really means that DBEC has passed the April 2001 doom. It's either they have not (quite possible), or they are doing something similar to PBEC now, no strick FIFO.