Non RIR Discussion Only !

so_depressed said:
For DBEC I'm seeing 6800 ads now, so it must have most ads from early November.
ADs from DBEC are visible. For some reason all the PBEC ADs posted prior to Dec 1st are not visible.

I can see some of the old jobs with new date

If your job was posted before DEC 1st, search your job with your ETA number. I have found some jobs posted in November. But those jobs have new posting date. If you received your RI don't care if your job is there or not.You need to go by your RI, not by the availability of your JOB in AJB.

nohope_for_lc said:
If your job was posted before DEC 1st, search your job with your ETA number. I have found some jobs posted in November. But those jobs have new posting date. If you received your RI don't care if your job is there or not.You need to go by your RI, not by the availability of your JOB in AJB.

It is ratter interesting...
There are jobs that are showing on indeed.com. However none on ajb.

Can anyone post the instructions how to obtain a case screen imprint? Also what is the (202) that was flooding around that one can call and ask about the case? I am getting pretty frustrated seeing all the cases posted that are later then my PD or the BEC number.

nohope_for_lc said:

How did you look for your job in AJB? My job used to be posted in AJB but not anymore. So I want to see whether it has been reposted. My lawyer received the RI though

Received RI today!

Just to let you know that my lawyer received RI for my case today. At the same time I have my job posted at AJB since Dec 1. Now, I am going to start placing job ads at the newspaper. Do you guys think I can use the same job description posted at ajb to be posted at the newspaper? Or do I have to use different one?
Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

PD June 2001 - CA-NON-RIR-Remanded Case

Last edited by a moderator:
ReceiveRI said:
Just to let you know that my lawyer received RI for my case today. At the same time I have my job posted at AJB since Dec 1. Now, I am going to start placing job ads at the newspaper. Do you guys think I can use the same job description posted at ajb to be posted at the newspaper? Or do I have to use different one?

Was your originally RIR and remanded by DOL ?

You need to do a number serach

vsaminat said:
How did you look for your job in AJB? My job used to be posted in AJB but not anymore. So I want to see whether it has been reposted. My lawyer received the RI though

Go to http://www.jobsearch.org/seeker/jobsearch/numbersearch

Select Company Job Id from first drop down list. Select Partial Matches radi buttom. Now enter your ETA number: P-05173-XXXXX*. If your job is reposted you will be able to see it. As you have received RI I don't think you have anything to worry about even if your job is not reposted.

Dallas or Philly BEC?

ReceiveRI,
If you see this message, please let us know if your case is in Dallas or Philadelphia.

Thank you.
ReceiveRI said:

vexlak said:
It is ratter interesting...
There are jobs that are showing on indeed.com. However none on ajb.

Can anyone post the instructions how to obtain a case screen imprint? Also what is the (202) that was flooding around that one can call and ask about the case? I am getting pretty frustrated seeing all the cases posted that are later then my PD or the BEC number.

The following link describes the process to get a screen shot for H-1B extensions. I don't have the 202 number off my head - but that one too is for employer / attorney only. From the previous postings in this forum, if you ask for case status you will be promptly informed about the BEC online status check page.

Adv and RI

Folks who have already recieved RI and seen their ad at ajb, what is the order - You first get the RI and then see the ad' at ajb or the other way around ?
NJ-TR

Call Your Senator For Eb Relief Now!!!!

Friends, As you all know about the retrogression. There is a very important bill that is being taken up in the senate very soon (Hours not Days). Please call up your senators office in DC and ask them to vote in favor of SKIL BILL by senator Cronyn.

How to find you senator.
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm?

Call Washington office Number from above site Talk to their Staff.
Request the senator to support the SKIL Bill that is to be taken up shortly.
Say you agree and support any increase in the EB Visas.
Mostly they will take your zip code and register your support.

I urge everybody to call right-away and talk to their senators washington office staff. This is the least everybody can do for themselves with out much trouble.

NJ-TR said:
Folks who have already recieved RI and seen their ad at ajb, what is the order - You first get the RI and then see the ad' at ajb or the other way around ?
NJ-TR
See the ad in AJB first and you'll receive the RI within a week. For my case, it is exactly one week.

In my case I recieved the RI first and my job is not on ajb yet.

NJ-TR said:
NJ-TR

Excerpt from Immigration-law.com

12/07/2006: OFLC Intends to Open Safety Window for Conversion of TR to RIR

AILA has announced that the OFLC is expected to announce an important policy next week to hold issuing a Job Order and Recruitment Instructions for the TR applicant upon receiving a notice that the applicant intends to go for the RIR conversion. Under the current conversion rule, the employer is disqualified for the conversion upon receiving the recruitment instructions for the TR cases and unless the employers take a big risk of spending tons of cost for recruitment and facing disqualification because of the receipt of recuritment instructions from the BECs druing the voluntary recruitment process, the employers have been hesitant to initiate the RIR conversion attempts. Obviously this slapped the face of the OFLC's recent policy change to encourage RIR conversion and thereby to achieve backlog recductionh within a short time. The OFLC is currently under a tremendous pressure from its mandate to remove all the backlogs within less than 10 months. Please stay tuned.
We do not know whether the last week's OFLC-SWA officials' training conference in St. Antonio, Texas which focused on the prevailing wage determination was an overture to launch this RIR conversion policy change. But from the perspectives of the TR employers and aliens, this policy change will give a golden opportunity to short-cut the process of pending labor certification applications at the BECs. Unlike TR process, in the RIR process, obviously the prevailing wage determination for the voluntary recruitment process ought to be made by the State SWAs and the state SWAs will be pull back into the backlog reduction process in this regard. It is hoped that the upcoming announcement of OFLC next week will give specific guidelines for the voluntary recruitment standards so that the employers achieve the RIR conversion with the least amount of risk and in the shortest period of time. Otherwise, this upcoming policy change will doom to fail as it will fail to give an incentive to the employers to try this process at the last minute when the whole cases must be decided by OFLC in less than ten months.

Last edited by a moderator:
ReceiveRI said:
It was originally RIR and remanded by DOL sometimes in 2003. It is from DALLAS.
Thanks for info...

Pardon if this is repeat question ! What is exact procedure to find out whether your case is posted on AJB for Dallas BEC ?

TR to RIR conversion

Hi,

I tried to change my case from TR to RIR (auto-remanded case PD: 7/2001). Earlier on-line status used to show as in "In process", now it shows up as "Data review". Has anybody succeeded in converting to RIR. How much time did it take for the conversion?

Thanks

re:

HI, Woud you please tell me when you submit your conversion requierment? I want to see how long BEC will repsonse the conversion. I think for your case, BEC is working on that because your case status is changing. That is a good sign. thanks.
jay1971 said:
Hi,

I tried to change my case from TR to RIR (auto-remanded case PD: 7/2001). Earlier on-line status used to show as in "In process", now it shows up as "Data review". Has anybody succeeded in converting to RIR. How much time did it take for the conversion?

Thanks