Non RIR Discussion Only !

Long wait for TR cases compared to RIR cases

MBBS said:
By the way our labor pains are similar. Hope we get relief soon.
(PD april 2001)

regards

Correct.... I think our cases may take a little while because of 3 reasons

1. Traditional cases are traditionally slow compared to RIR cases
2. Low number of workforces working on TR cases
3. because of the heavy filing that occured during April 2001.

Just hope and pray that it does not take too long because we already have been waiting too long.

vsrc100 said:
My case is also similar to yours. Please let me know
after replying to 45 day letter, how much time it took
for the BPC to ask your company to do the recruitment.
Please let me know.

we are in the same boat, lets keep this forum active, by exchanging information.
The best thing i see for us guys, is the BPC's just approve our cases, without asking for any advertisement, seeing the PD is soooo old.... :)

csrini1 said:
we are in the same boat, lets keep this forum active, by exchanging information.
The best thing i see for us guys, is the BPC's just approve our cases, without asking for any advertisement, seeing the PD is soooo old.... :)

That is right.... Let us keep this forum active so that we could draw the attention of more TR guys , right now we do not have enough cases on the excel tracker file to derive a pattern of approvals (Pls refer to Bec priority date tracker thread). I do not understand how the bec's are going to approve cases without the recruitment(I apologize if it is my ignorance) but what I have heard is , the BEC 's are working on cases that are already done with their supervised recruitment efforts and they will prepare themselves for the supervised recruiting in the next few months (from http://www.lewslaw.com/US_Immigration_Updates.htm) Please read

Update From DOL Backlog Reduction Centers (09-14-2005) [Top]

As of September 12, 2005, the total number of cases forwarded to the two centers was approximately 345,000. Some cases are still in the San Francisco and New York regional offices.

Currently, approximately 90% of cases at the Backlog Reduction Centers have had at least partial data entry. However, 45 day letters are generated only for the cases with full data entry. In the next few months, the centers plan to complete full data entry of all cases and issue the 45-day letters.

To date, the centers have been processing RIR and traditional cases where recruitment was previously completed and no further recruitment was required.

In the next few months, the centers will be preparing to process cases requiring recruitment

Regards

Lets keep this thread active. I have a question about this recruitment process.

If my case does not make it to regional means recruitment process is not done

please correct me if I am wrong. Till today BEC does not have people to work on such type of TR cases?

Please reply.
Thanks

PD april 2002
CA/ EB3/TR

life_w/o_gc said:
Lets keep this thread active. I have a question about this recruitment process.

please correct me if I am wrong. Till today BEC does not have people to work on such type of TR cases?

Please reply.
Thanks

PD april 2002
CA/ EB3/TR

yes - the SWA used to Assist employers in the recruitment process before they foreward the case to regional

Right now the bec workforce is distributed amoung data entry, Adjudications and other works(I do not know what) once the dataentry is complete the more staff will be avilable for recruitment process

Hope that Ansers your question

Thanks a lot WHatALabor

I thought for RIR filing you have to do recruitment and not for NON-RIR.

It seems I was wrong. Its been long since I filed my labor and sick of all

this endless wait.

Anyway Thanks and appreciate your prompt reply.

life_w/o_gc said:
Thanks a lot WHatALabor

I thought for RIR filing you have to do recruitment and not for NON-RIR.

It seems I was wrong. Its been long since I filed my labor and sick of all

this endless wait.

Anyway Thanks and appreciate your prompt reply.

you are very welcome, of course we are here to help each other and I would like to share what ever I know mostly because the three immigration departments the DOL,DOS and CSCIS when it comes to processing applications for an alien shows really frustrating level of non co-operations and unorganization. The BEC operations, current visa retrogression announcement of DOS while a number of 'Accepted' applications at DOL are pending etc etc are all proof of that. A grave mistake even from their part will hit as severe consequence on the alien applicant and they would not utter a word about that and most of the time they blame it on the other departments . For TR people it is a groundhog day time wrap .. almost 5 years and still waiting. It is really frustrating.

yet..Lest us hope for the best

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi WhatALabor

Do you have any idea about how many years you will get extension after

the expiry of first 6 years and if your LC is filed 365 days before the expiry of

6th year?

Thanks.

PD april 2002
CA/EB 3/NON-RIR

1 Yr after 365 Days of pending LC and 3 yers after filing I140 and visa is unavilable

life_w/o_gc said:
Hi WhatALabor

Do you have any idea about how many years you will get extension after

the expiry of first 6 years and if your LC is filed 365 days before the expiry of

6th year?

Thanks.

PD april 2002
CA/EB 3/NON-RIR

Usually if your labor is pending for more than a year then you could get extension for 1 year after the 6th year , and if your I140 is approved or pending and visa is not avialble then you could get 3 years extension after 6years. Again it is up to the USCIS to decide that I recently saw a posting where the person got the ext. for 9 months only. I have no Idea how they come up with such time periods.

Also I filed for my ext 4 weeks ago and I got my aproval for extension for 1 year today

Regards

Good news TR Cases are moving...

Dear All

Just now I talked to my lawer and they recived 2-3 TR cases Filed during Mar-Apr 2001(Priority Dates) , and which went to Region after the recruitment efforts; some where around late 2003, approved . So I personally think that Once they pass April 2001, then It will gain momentum so let us keep our fingers crossed.

Regards

my case has PD 2001 too

hi all: :)

hopefully October is the lucky month for those of us with 2001 PDs.

feel like going back home already....ack :(
45day letter: 12/20/04
45day letter replied: 01/03/05
Dallas BRC
State filed: California

keep the hope up...

shagua said:
hi all: :)

hopefully October is the lucky month for those of us with 2001 PDs.

feel like going back home already....ack :(
Dallas BRC

I totally understand that feeling, but hang in there and we have gone through this hell of a waiting and it is close now let us see it through. Please keep coming back and update the thread, it will benefit a number of other people too, looks like our PD's are same and my lawer told me yesterday that there is a high chance that April 25 PD's are already certified because there are more than one analyst working on the queue and about 3 CO's are certifying the cases once they fininsh the data entry there will be more analysts to assist the cases whose recruitment efforts are not done yet.

to me those ones with 2003,2004 & 2005 PDs are the lucky ones because they are going to get their labor certified in about 2 years. Think about our waiting of about 5 years!!!!!

regards

WhatALabor said:
I totally understand that feeling, but hang in there and we have gone through this hell of a waiting and it is close now let us see it through. Please keep coming back and update the thread, it will benefit a number of other people too, looks like our PD's are same and my lawer told me yesterday that there is a high chance that April 25 PD's are already certified because there are more than one analyst working on the queue and about 3 CO's are certifying the cases once they fininsh the data entry there will be more analysts to assist the cases whose recruitment efforts are not done yet.

to me those ones with 2003,2004 & 2005 PDs are the lucky ones because they are going to get their labor certified in about 2 years. Think about our waiting of about 5 years!!!!!

regards

Hey guys,

My PD is one year after yours (april 2002) what are my chances?
Not yet received 45 days letter. Do you guys think that my case will be certified without 45 days letter?

Regards

PD april 2002
Non RIR/CA/EB3

life_w/o_gc said:
Hey guys,

My PD is one year after yours (april 2002) what are my chances?
Not yet received 45 days letter. Do you guys think that my case will be certified without 45 days letter?

Regards

PD april 2002
Non RIR/CA/EB3

Disclaimer: This is just a guss work from my part based on the information I have: Hopefully, like the BEC officials announced ; we will have a case status information system Up & running by middle of November for more acurate information.
Hi life_w/o_gc

Right now the BECs are working on cases that made to regional after recruitment efforts, only thing is that the workfoce allocated to TR is less compared to RIR. So I am gussing that by Jan-Feb 06 (Latest) all the TR cases made to Region will be cleard and at the same time complete data entry would be done by that time. There is a very less chance that your case will be crtified without 45 day letter. You could expect your 45 day letter no later than 2.5 months. and if your case is perfect and if they do not have to issue a NOF(Notice of findings) then starts recruitment efforts. Say that if you send your 45 day letter very quick and your case is perfect to be processed then the recruitment effort will take about 2 months and once that is done you will be on the queue to be approved and you will get the approval in I would say around 6-7 months from now. If they have to correct something in your application then It could delay it little bit so in that case it caould take another 2 more months so worst-worst case 8 months. (info: each enquiry from BEC & response has a time frame of 45 days in between , in other words if you get a NOF you will have 45 days to correct it and respond to it)

Regards

WhatALabor said:

regards

WhataLabor,

u are truly a TR fighter!! thx for the update and encouragement. i will continue to post any info i receive from my lawyer or anywhere. good to know there is someone like u out here.

good luck to u too!!

btw, i am on 7th year extension too.

/cheers
Dallas BRC

Hi WhataLabor,

My info is similar to yours info, did your company received a recruitment letter?
45 Day Letter :8/29/05
45 Day Letter Replied : 9/2/05
Certified Date : ??????
ETA #D-05108-XXXXX

WaitingII said:
Hi WhataLabor,

My info is similar to yours info, did your company received a recruitment letter?
45 Day Letter :8/29/05
45 Day Letter Replied : 9/2/05
Certified Date : ??????
ETA #D-05108-XXXXX

Yes my company did get the recruitment letter back in oct 2003 and, the state SWA send it to regional SFO some time around Jan 15,2004 after the recruitment efforts.

Regards

WhatALabor said:
Yes my company did get the recruitment letter back in oct 2003 and, the state SWA send it to regional SFO some time around Jan 15,2004 after the recruitment efforts.

Regards

Thank you WhatALabor,

Right now all TR cases with State level are on hold, based on your experience with TR, how long you think it will take to receive the recruitment letter from the time of the 45-day letter received? (8~12 months)??.

Thanks,

WaitingII said:
Thank you WhatALabor,

Right now all TR cases with State level are on hold, based on your experience with TR, how long you think it will take to receive the recruitment letter from the time of the 45-day letter received? (8~12 months)??.

Thanks,

Hi WaitingII

Usually when BECs send out 45 day letters; if they need any clarification or additional documentation, they will request that along with that 45 day letter, since you already received your 45 day letter there is a high chance that your case is ready for recruitment, since your PD is really old you may get the recruitment letter (I am speculating here) some time late December 2005 or Early Jan 2006. Again let us hope that BEC s finish Data entry by Jan - Feb 06 and your case does not need any further documentation. Worst case scenario could be march 06. Good luck to you any way!!

Regards