NEwark Office tracker for GC thru Marriage or a Relative

Medical - Form 693

I got my EAD in Dec2003. Interview date (as per the notice dates) for AOS is in July 2004. When I filed I485 in Newark , I did not send my Medical Form I693. I called the INS National Service center and they told me that Newark Office will inform you about this and it is not required to send I693 with I 485 application.

I am not sure what should I do. Will the INS, Neawark office send me a letter for the exact Interview date and will send out the dates when the medical forms should reach them.

Or do I have to get it done and mail it to them, or take it along with me during the interview.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance !!

Barodian12,
There is no need to Worry. Technically Newark Office Does not require the MEdical results to be sent along with the 485 application.

Along with the interview letter , we recieved the medical form from INS with the instruction to appear for the interview even if the medical is not complete...

Since the medical results are vaild for more than 1 year, I had sent them along with the application...

Even though I had sent them along with the application, they have still requested it in the interview letter, so I intend to take a copy of the results...

goodluck

Thanks SWaiting!!

But does this mean that I should go to the INS, Newark, once I get the notice from them and take the filled out (by a INS approved doctor) medical forms (which they will send along with the Interviwe date letter)with me during the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
INS SAYS :
"If you can get the medical done by the interview date, take the sealed results along with you when you go for the interview..."

goodluck

SWaiting ,

What is the website. Could you please post the the link for that.
I know www.ins.gov, but I need the exact place where I can have a look at this local office procedures

Thanks!!

Process for GC based on spouse

Hi friends,
i went thru some of the forums about the green card based on the spouse. it is very helpful, thank u!

My wife is getting citizenship next week and i am on H1-B visa i need to know following things to apply for my EAD and GC.

-Can i apply immdiately as soon as she gets citizenship?
-I am on H1-B visa, my priority is EAD card first and then GC. So, what is the process for EAD and GC?
-What are the documents i have to sent to them?
-Do i need to take help from Attorney in this? Is it simple enough to do it by myself?
-Please send me all form numbers and exact process for this.

I really appreciate it.

Thanks
Good luck to all.

barodian12,
You need to do a little research yourself. What I wrote earlier about "INS says" - it is actually there in in my interview letter. So I dont understand your confusion. Plus its very clearly written in I-485 form, when and which offices require medical to be sent along with I-485 or not.

Re: Process for GC based on spouse

a) Yes you can apply immediately.
b) Since you are already in US, be sure to apply
I-485 and I-130 together.
EAD and Advance Parole can also be applied if you intend to work or travel..

c) FOR full details, check FAQ in INS website on how to apply for permanent residency --

goodluck...

PS : Its pretty straight forward. No need for a lawyer...

Similar Situation

Hi Everyone,

Swaiting, ImmigrantBoy, my situation is close to IB's - me and my wife got married in June (in India) - she's a GCholder eligible to apply for citizenship next month. I am on a H1 for the past 5 years, and my labor (NJ) has been pending for the past year (filed March 03).

What are my options? Submit I-130 and I-485 when she get her citizenship (6 months?) or submit an I-130 now and Adjust status once she gets naturalized?

Looks like my employment based process will be another 3+ years away, so I'm trying to see which of these 2 options (or is there a secret option #3 ;) ?) is my best bet. Please share your thoughts.

~Prabs15

Re: Similar Situation

prabs15,
she still has almost a good 1 yr before she gets her citizenship. By then your labor and 140 will be done. You can make a decision then whether you want to go thru your i-485 or thru hers...

goodluck

Swaiting,

Thanks for the response. That kinda sucks - we're in the process of buying our first home, and if this was faster that'd give us more peace of mind. Oh well! :(

So - there's no benefit to filing an I-130 now, since, my Labor approval OR her citizenship will probably be faster?

Thanks again SW, and good luck to everyone else.

Cheers,
~Prabs15

GC interview next week: Need advise

My husband has the GC interview early next week.
I am just wondering what kind of personal questions they may ask?
Anyone with any experience, please share.

Also I was on GC and my husband was on F1 when we went to India and got married.

No one asked him anything at the port while returning so we did not disclose our marriage.

Will this create any problems?

Please advise...

My wife had the AOS interview today. everything went fine and her case was approved.

We had to wait for 1 hr after submitting the letter and then we were called for interview..

The interviewer was very nice..He asked the following questions :
a) when and where did we meet
b) medical records copy.
c) Proof of relationship - joint credit cards, lease, electricity bills, photos,
d) tax return and proof of employment..

thats it.

goodluck to the rest of Newark appliers (Ikazmi,others). From Feb 18th onwards, NJ will also move the new applications under Family category to Missourie Center...

From Feb 18th onwards, NJ will also move the new applications under Family category to Missourie Center...

Hi PPl,

Pls help.. What is the time line these days in NJ office start to finish, i know it was aprox 10 months. Is it still the same, does this move to Missourie Center simplify thing or complicate more.. pls respond. I'm going to be applying for marraige based GC thru a citizen wife.

Thnaks in advance.
Amar

My first impression is that it will complicate the cases initially as thats what the interviewing officers feeling was.

Atleast in NJ you got an initial receipt within a week of filling that how long it will take to get the AOS interview..

There is no such thing with NBC. Plus people in NY whose case has been transferred to NBC since last year can give a better time frame. Missouri is now called National Benefit Center...

goodluck

HI SWaiting,

Thanks for the quick reply. You mean for NJ it used to take about 10 mths to get the GC, it will take more time now ? more like what i hear is about 2 yrs like some other states?

Thanks,
Amar