NEwark Office tracker for GC thru Marriage or a Relative

Thanks for the reply Barodian12.

When will I have the FP then ? Do they do FP also during the AOS interview ?

Finger printing

Birth,

Never heard that they do fingerprints with AOS. It`s usually the first step of this cycle. I can not help you much on this.

Finger printing

Birth,

Never heard that they do fingerprints with AOS. It`s usually the first step of this cycle. I can not help you much on this.

Where to send the papers

I am applying for GC based on marriage to USC.

I stay in Monmouth county in NJ ...so should I send the papers to the newark office or cherry hill office .....

Finger printing

Hi,

I finally got my FP. Went to Newark office and it was done in 15 minutes.

Application Receipt date Nov 18th 2003.
EAD Feb 18th 2004
FP May 12th 2004

Thanks,

got my AOS interview notice

Hi folks,

I got my interview notice for June 10th. The strange thing about it is that theu have asked my employment letter too. I don't know why they want my employment letter in a marriage based green card application. My husband's employment letter should be enough. Could this be bcos I came to US on L1 visa and later applied for AOS as my husband is a US citizen ? Any idea ?

Application notice date - Nov 18th 2003
Ead - Feb 18th 2004
FP - May 12 th 2004

Thanks,

hi birth,
We have the same case, my wife's timeline is about 1 week later than yours: RD,EAD,FP and the interview letter have just received. Yes, it is a little stronge and surprising. The letter has 6 check-box with first 3 checked,but she doesn't work why employment letter? We wondering the interview can be done which has 2 weeks FP apart? Maybe it doesn't need FBI security check for some people? or interview first approval later?

birth said:
Hi folks,

I got my interview notice for June 10th. The strange thing about it is that theu have asked my employment letter too. I don't know why they want my employment letter in a marriage based green card application. My husband's employment letter should be enough. Could this be bcos I came to US on L1 visa and later applied for AOS as my husband is a US citizen ? Any idea ?

Application notice date - Nov 18th 2003
Ead - Feb 18th 2004
FP - May 12 th 2004

Thanks,

Interview

Probably they want to finish the interview first, and then do the FBI check..they might ask us to come again at a later date for stamping... i.e. after the background check is is done...

All the best..

GC Approved..

Finally my green card was approved yesterday.

App. receipt date - Nov 18th 2003
EAD - Feb 18th 2004
FP - May 12th 2004
AOS Interview - June 8th 2004.

The interview was cool. The officer was very pleasant. She asked my husband some questions about me like DOB, place of birth, name of my parents..Thes she asked us some joint documents. We had our lease, insurance documents, bank statements and our baby's birth certificate.
I didn't have a birth certificate. So I had two affidavits from relatives. She took the original affidavits. For all the other docs, copies were enough.
She didn't ask any wedding pictures...
Finally she stamped my passport. Looks like the process is faster these days..
All the best to those who are waiting...

Open on 06/11/04 ?

Hi everyone,

My wife has filed her N-400 and her appointment for fingerprinting is 06/11/04 at 11 AM.

Since the prsident has declared that all federal offices will be closed for mourning Pres. Reagan - I called the NCSC 800 # and tehy told me that they will be closed and that she will get a letter with the rescheduled date.

BUT, my wife also called, and a rude CSR said "if it says you have an appointment to come, you should come'!!! WTH?

Anyone else with appointments at Newark (or elsewhere) on 06/11/04, please post your thoughts/experiences.

Thanks.

Hello Everybody,
Started this thread last year and it has been of immense help to all of us.
I was wondering if any body can share the time line for Newark office for applciations filed after Feb 2004. Since Feb 2004 all the applications mailed to Newark are to be initially processed by National Benefit Center, Missouri...

NY and lot of other states were doing this from 2 yrs back, NJ joined them in Feb 2004. I saw the notice myself when I had gone to the office in Newark...

Last yr the whole process used to take less than 8 months... As per the officer the process will take much longer now due to applications intially being processed by NBC, Missouri....

thanks

I too am going through newark via NBC, lets just say I think what once use to be a short waiting time (8 month) now is like 2 years. I hope I am wrong but it does not look good.

Ron,
Have you filled already ?
Last year when I filled, I received a letter with in a week stating the expected approval time line...

What did you receive from NBC so far ??

goodluck

all i got so fare was just a letter that NBC has my case and that it was transfered there from newark. that was in May '04 and I had my prints in June '04. nothing since then.

Ron1234,
a)Do I still need need to mail the application set to Newark or do I mail them to NBC ??
b) Does Newark/NBC take personal check for applicaiton fees ?
c) How long did it take you to get the initial receipt from NBC from the day of filling in Newark ?

thanks

you have to mail it to newark, i think they take checks but i used a money order it makes things go by faster. It took about 3 weeks from the day I mailed it to neward till the day I got a notice of action from NBC

Newark, NJ

Dear Ron1234,

Hey can you post the exact dates, like when you sent it, when they received & receipt notice date..

Thanks

Hello

Finally I got my receipt notice of I-485, after 22 days.. I applied at Newark, NJ.. but got the receipt from NBC along with letter. Though the receipt number starts with "MSC", I can't check the status online. When I enters the number i get error, that "status not available" or " check receipt number"?

So, now my question is " all applicant who apply at local office & get receipt notice from NBC starting with MSC get the same message?" or do they get the online status..

Thanks you very much..