NEwark Office tracker for GC thru Marriage or a Relative

I am able to track the case status on USCIS web site now. So I guess they do take 8-10 days before you can see the status online....

goodluck

Interview

Hello folks, i just want to let u know my dates. and also that uscis.gov doesn't showthe update in my case eventhough i received the Interview letter.
aplication received: March 29 2004.
Fingerprint interview= April 16 2004.
EAD Received= June 30 2004.
Interview letter received= September 27 2004.
Interview date= November 08 2004.
Any updates in my case, i will let u know!
Thanks.

This is great news. Looks like Newark office is still getting it done in 10 months inspite of having to go thru NBC..

goodluck Pirovito....

Yes

Hi, yes Newark is working good. actually 8 months isn't that bad. I will keep in touch! :)
good luck everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
hey looks like mistake in INS Processing dates.

Accoeding to CIS website, the processing dates for I-485 published on Sept 07, 2004 they were processing cases of Dec 28,2003.

Now recently published dates on Sept 22, 2004 shows that they are processing I-485 cases of April 14,2004..

Any comments.. Looks like they wrote 2003 instead of 2004..

I got no idea.. any comment,sugestion highly apprecaited.

Hi
After doing the Fingerprinting, my LUD has been changed on 9/28/04 but the msg is still the old one . Did the msg change for any of you and if it did , how long did it take for the msg to chg after doing the FP?

I got my citizenship today at Newark and proceed to expedite my wife petition soon. At the end of the Oath, I asked the supervisor of Newark Service Center about the timeframe for AOs of Spouse of citizen. His responsed is that it is about 9 months and they have gotten better at Newark. Just thought this will clam most of you guys here.

I will be joining this thread from now on!!
==============================
Swaiting:

what is the RD mean?

Good luck
Kenmw

kenmw said:
I got my citizenship today at Newark and proceed to expedite my wife petition soon. At the end of the Oath, I asked the supervisor of Newark Service Center about the timeframe for AOs of Spouse of citizen. His responsed is that it is about 9 months and they have gotten better at Newark. Just thought this will clam most of you guys here.

I will be joining this thread from now on!!
==============================
Swaiting:

what is the RD mean?

Good luck
Kenmw

Congratulations, Kenmw!!! See you at the polls :D

kenmw,
RD is an Forum made abbreviation for Receipt Date. I had mailed the application to Newark on Aug 25th. They received it on Aug 27th.. So for all my cases pending at NBC via newark, the RD is Aug 27th...

I hope newark is getting better but not sure. Last year when I applied for my spouse, she got the GC in 8 months. But at that time, Newark used to handle everything..

Now the applications go to National Benefit Center so not sure how long it will take...

Another update:

Filed at Newark and forwarded to NBC:

Forms filed: 485/131/765 (I-130 was already approved)

RD: 8/31/04
FP: 9/25/04
AP and EAD Approved: 10/14/04

gc20040,
our dates are almost similar. (RD,FP,EAD).
My EAD did get approved on 10/14. Hope to get the AP soon...

What does MSC do for Newark petitions??

Just curious if any one know what exactly MSC will do with all AOS petitions from Newark? From what I can garther (calling the 1-800 number andreading from diff. posts) so far, they will process the I-130 and AP for Newark. But Newark will process the I-485 and EAD. Is that seems to be right?

If I-130 was previously approved (e.g. in VSC) and you are not filing AP, would Newark be able to process it ASAP?

Any comment from anyone?

Kenmw

I got my AP today, however they sent four copies in two different envelopes (each envelope had two copies). All four copies are identical. Is this normal?

I have also noticed that anytime BCIS sends me an e-mail updating my case they send two identical e-mails to the same address. Is this normal too???

My timeline so far

RD: 8/31/04
FP: 9/29/04
EAD approved on 10/13/04
AP approved on 10/14/04

Local office is Newark. Application is being processed at NBC.

gc20040,
I get duplicate emails too. As far as AP is concerned, I received an RFE on 10/18 so cant share the detials. I am still waiting for the RFE notice.. I did remember my friends getting 2 AP's though. You got 2 nevelopes so enjoy if you need them for multiple trips. Normally people end up making photocopies if needed for multiple trips...

What is RFE again?

Anyone please refresh my memory, what is RFE again? What does it has to do with either AOS (I-130 and I-485), EAD and AP?

Thanks.
kenmw

kenmw,
RFE stands for REQUEST for FURTHER EVIDENCE.. So basically there's a query/rfe on my mother's AP case...

Thanks Swaiting. Am I right to say that RFE is only relevant to AP or it they can RFE for any application?

kenmw