NEwark Office tracker for GC thru Marriage or a Relative

Technically they can RFE any application they want to.. If they need any further information, they issue RFE.

In this case the RFE has been issued for AP as I got the email update for the AP application.. The RFE can be for missing photos, missing signature or any thing which is missing or further needed for processing my application...

The RFE was for missing photos. I had attached 6 photos in the front of the main application. 2 for I-485, 2 for EAD and 2 for AP.. Similarly for the checks..

Well they cashed the checks, but didnt distribute the photos properly, so the RFE was issued. I will mail the photos today..

I was wondering if you all can share how did you attach the photos ??

thanks immigrantboy.

I did the same, but it seems they didnt seperate the photos and put it along the seperate applications...

Hi, here's an update,

All forms were filled in NJ forwarded to NBC.
Filling date 08/21/04
FP 09/25/04
EAD approved 10/14/04.
Interview Letter Received 11/01/04.
Interivew Date : Mid Dec 2004.

Another update from me (very similar to SWaiting!)

RD: 8/31/04
FP: 9/29/04
EAD approved on 10/13/04
AP approved on 10/14/04
Interview letter recieved: 11/2/04
Interview scheduled: 12/20/04

Local office is Newark. Application is being processed at NBC.

Question: My AOS is based on a petition by my father. Does he need to be with me at the interview? The letter does not indicate that he needs to be there. Any thoughts?

Yes I did.

Is your AOS based on marriage or other family member? If it is the latter, just wondering if the letter you got asks for the family member to also appear at the interview.

gc20040,
do we need take an appointment thru infopass for the interview or just go at the time as mentioned in the notice ??

I-130 is pending but now US citizen, what's next?

I have been wondering what is the best route to go about my wife's AOS since I became naturalized citizen last month. Our I-130 was pending at VSC. Should we just up-date/expedite I-130 or have it transfer to Newark SC?

I want to share with you what I think is the best route after going back to the Newark and spoke with the immigration officer after the oath ceremony on a different day. Options 1 and 2 are what the lady (USCIS officer) suggested we can do and what they will accept at Newark.

OPTION 1: This option is fast only if you have all your paperwork and documents in place for I-485 and the others (EAD and/or AP) you wish to include. You may mail the following along with your I-485 (AOS with EAD or AP if applicable):
* the I-797 (NOA and proof of payment for I-130) of your pending I-130;
* copy of your submitted I-130;
* copy of sponsor's naturalization certificate;
* AR-11: Alien's change of address (if applicable).

Do not cancel you original I-130 with VSC, or else you will have to pay the I-130 fee again. Newark will contact VSC to get the payment and the original I-130 on your behalf.

This will work very well because your I-485 will get the earliest priority date possible.

OPTION 2: This work well, if you still need time to get your I-485 ready. Simply send the following to VSC (where your I-130 is pending):
* copy of your naturalization certificate;
* copy of your I-797 (NOA) of your submitted I-130;
* AR-11: Alien's change of address (if applicable);
* a letter to mention that your are now US citizen and ask them to expedite your I-130 case.

I picked this route and VSC received my updated info on the 18/Oct/2004. I got an email this morning regarding my I-130 approval on 8/Nov/2004. I will get the NOA in the mail soon. As you can see, it takes less that a month to process I-130 for US citizen.

OPTION 3: This is one of the options an USCIS representative may tell if you call the 1-800 number. You can write to VSC (where your I-130 is pending) with the updating information (e.g. same package as option 2 above) but ask them to transfer the package to Newark. However, when you send your I-485 package as in option 1 and include a letter mentioning that your I-130 will be transfered to Newark.

I personally don't feel too comfortable with this option. There is a slight chance that document may get lost. Since your I-485 is not logged into the system yet, Newark may not know what the I-130 is for unless they get your I-485 first.

So there you go, no one knows we can use option 1 to send I-485 package with only NOA of I-130 and yet no need to pay the I-130 fee again. Good luck to you all.

Kenmw

I-130 - approved 8/Nov/2004

gc20040 said:
Another update from me (very similar to SWaiting!)

RD: 8/31/04
FP: 9/29/04
EAD approved on 10/13/04
AP approved on 10/14/04
Interview letter recieved: 11/2/04
Interview scheduled: 12/20/04

Local office is Newark. Application is being processed at NBC.

Question: My AOS is based on a petition by my father. Does he need to be with me at the interview? The letter does not indicate that he needs to be there. Any thoughts?

GC20040,

Did they update your I-485 and I-130 online and you get the email Or you just get the interview letter without updation online? Just wondering, your process is very fast. Did you do your medical check up in the mean time or you did, with your application?

Thanks!

Dip

Yes I too am pleasantly surprised at the speed at which my application is being processed. Of course this all could mean nothing if they make me wait for background checks after the interview.

Regarding your query, my I-130 was previously approved when I filed my I485. The online status for I-485 did not change even though I have been called for an interview. I had sent my medicals with my 485 application

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Pirovito

Hey Pirovito
Hope that you got the GC...
Can you post your interview experience, pls...

Thanks in advance...

Is my wife mom consider my parents?

Does anyone know if my wife mom consider as my parents (immediate relatives) for I-130 petition?

Thanks.
kenmw

Case update

Hi all:

Just to share the update of my wife AOs case with the letters we received yesterday.

AOS timeline

8/Nov/2004 - I-130approved (online)
12/Nov/2004 – Mailed AOS/EAD to Newark (then to MSC)
13/Nov/2004 – Received I-130 approval letter
15/Nov/2004 – Notified Newark and NVC (NH) of the I-130 approval
22/Nov/2004 – Received NOA-1 for I-485 fingerprint and biometric (RD: 15/Nov/04)
22/Nov/2004 – Received NOA-2 for EAD biometric (RD:15/Nov/04)

kenmw

kenmw, congratulations man. It went so smoothly for ya. Goodie :) You should be an advocative now for all those guys who are upgrading

NBC_June2004:

Thanks. I guess I am in a sense that I am being active in this forum. I am still learning from everyone as well as we expedrience through the process.

Kenmw