NEwark Office tracker for GC thru Marriage or a Relative

Well I was supposed to be interviewed today but was told that my "file has not arrived at their office." I have been re-scheduled for an interview in mid-January. I was further told that if they cannot find my file, they will give me a call ( :confused: ).

How unusual is this? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

My timeline so far:
RD: 8/31/04
FP: 9/29/04
EAD approved on 10/13/04
AP approved on 10/14/04
Interview letter recieved: 11/2/04
Interview scheduled: 12/20/04
Interview resheduled: Mid Jan 05

approved.

All forms were filled in NJ forwarded to NBC.
Filling date 08/21/04
FP 09/25/04
EAD approved 10/14/04.
Interview Letter Received 11/01/04.
Interivew Date : 12/20/04
Approved : 12/20/04

It was a strange set of affairs at Newark office to say the least. Files for lot of applicants were not received due to delay by UPS so their interviews were rescheduled. It seems gc20040 got stuck in that unfortunately...

Our case was at 1:30 pm. They kept us waiting till 4:!5 pm. We were the only people left by that time. Then the officer called us to the window. Asked for the medical, mother's passport and my Driving License. Came back 5 min later with her passport stamped. He kept the I-94.

No interview . Didnt ask for the EAD, advance parole, Birth certificate affidavits or anything else which was mentioned in the Interview letter.

Since he approved the case, I didnt volunteer to give him the paper work and came back home gladly...

SWaiting

Thanks for the update and congratulations!

By the way I too was scheduled for 1:30, so our paths may have crossed!

Are you saying that there were others who got turned away because their files had not arrived? That would be reassuring as I would hate to be the only one whose file did not get there.

Things seem to be unpredictable during the holidays. Hope the delay in interview would not cause too much problems.

From the timelines you guys have posted, I am hopeful that my wife will get her EAD in Jan. She got her fingerprints/biometirc on 17/Dec. She have two job 2nd-interviews next week. She is nervious as to what to tell the employer.

I don't mind if they do interview us and just stamp the passport. Take care all. Have a great holidays.

Kenmw

GC for parent (Direct mail or local office)?

My wife (USC) is filing I-130/I-485 together for her parents. I-485 form mentions that after Dec. 1 2004 it has to be sent by direct mail to chicago lockbox. Can we still send their forms to NJ local office?

minawala said:
My wife (USC) is filing I-130/I-485 together for her parents. I-485 form mentions that after Dec. 1 2004 it has to be sent by direct mail to chicago lockbox. Can we still send their forms to NJ local office?
No you can not. If you will mail it to NJ local office, it will come back to you.

amishah said:
No you can not. If you will mail it to NJ local office, it will come back to you.
That's weird. A friend of mine just sent the whole package 130/485 to local office(not Chicago) on Dec 18th, 2004 and on Jan 3rd 2005 received all I-797Cs.
How come his package did go through local office to NBC since it was sent after 1stDec 2004?

Last edited by a moderator:
NBC_June04 said:
That's weird. A friend of mine just sent the whole package 130/485 to local office(not Chicago) on Dec 18th, 2004 and on Jan 3rd 2005 received all I-797Cs.
How come his package did go through local office to NBC since it was sent after 1stDec 2004?
That is really weird. On website they says that if you will send it to your local DO, it will come back to you.
Which state she is from? Because this Change of Address is for certain state only for now.

USCIS will implement this rollout in two phases:
Phase One will begin on December 1, 2004 and will affect certain aliens filing Form I-485, Form I-765, and Form I-131 who live in the states of Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, as well as the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands of the United States.
Phase Two will begin on April 1, 2005 and will affect certain aliens filing Form I-485, Form I-765, and Form I-131 residing in: Alaska, California, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, and Washington.

That's in Pittsburgh local office, Pennsylvania.
It's relly strange, because the rule should be enforced in PA, as well. Obviuo\\ously he got lucky to hang on the ex-mail procedure :)

Case update

Hi all:

Question: Can my wife apply for SSN with the email notification of her I765 approval notice? Or she need to have the physical card to do so?

Here is my wife AOS case with the letters we received yesterday.

AOS timeline

8/Nov/2004 - I-130approved (online)
12/Nov/2004 – Mailed AOS/EAD to Newark (then to MSC)
13/Nov/2004 – Received I-130 approval letter
15/Nov/2004 – Notified Newark and NVC (NH) of the I-130 approval
22/Nov/2004 – Received NOA-1 for I-485 fingerprint and biometric (RD: 15/Nov/04)
22/Nov/2004 – Received NOA-2 for EAD biometric (RD:15/Nov/04)
17/Dec/2004 - Fingerprint and biometric appointment
26/Dec/2004 - Email notification that fingerprints received and I-485 process resumed.
6/Jan/2005 - I765 approved (received email notification on 7/Jan/2005)

Now waiting for I-765 card.

kenmw

they need the EAD card normally.
eitherway its not going to matter much as when she goes to apply SSN, they wont find her status in the INS verification system (as the EAD is too recent), so they will ask do their verification with INS and her SSN card could take up to 2 months to come...

Thought you all might be interested to see the lastest timeline at Newark. I came across this in another forum.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29095

Hope things are moving faster at Newark. Anyone out there can share some new timeline with recent AOS filing said from Sept 04 and onward?

AOS timeline

8/Nov/2004 - I-130approved (online)
12/Nov/2004 – Mailed AOS/EAD to Newark (then to MSC)
13/Nov/2004 – Received I-130 approval letter
15/Nov/2004 – Notified Newark and NVC (NH) of the I-130 approval
22/Nov/2004 – Received NOA-1 for I-485 fingerprint and biometric (RD: 15/Nov/04)
22/Nov/2004 – Received NOA-2 for EAD biometric (RD:15/Nov/04)
17/Dec/2004 - Fingerprint and biometric appointment
26/Dec/2004 - Email notification that fingerprints received and I-485 process resumed.
6/Jan/2005 - I765 approved (received email notification on 7/Jan/2005)
13/Jan/2005 - Received email notification that her EAD approval letter (is the *EAD card*) was mailed out on 12/Jan/05.
14/Jan/2005 - Received EAD card.

Now applying for SSN.
Kenmw

After having my initial interview postponed, I was finally interviewed today and AOS was approved. Interview itself lasted about 10 minutes. The officer asked for my driving license, birth certificate, and went over my sponsor's affidavits. Since I have an out of state driving license, the officer also asked to see proof of residence in state and was satisfied when I showed a utility bill with my name and address. Very friendly and profesional officer.

Some background: My AOS was based on a petition by my father (a U.S. citizen). The I-130 was already approved and that is probably one reason why my AOS only took 4.5 months.

final timeline:
RD: 8/31/04
FP: 9/29/04
EAD approved on 10/13/04
AP approved on 10/14/04
Interview letter recieved: 11/2/04
Interview scheduled: 12/20/04
Interview resheduled: 01/14/05
AOS approved: 01/14/05

Hi everyone,

My wife's timeline here:

Wife's Newark timeline

Another question:

Now that I have to send in the I-130/485/765 etc to the Chicago Lockbox, what about the Medicals - do we complete and send in the I-693 now to Chicago too, OR wait till we get called for the AOS interview?

Thanks and good luck!!!

Timeline Based On Usc Spouse

Hey , Can Anyone Post Interview Experience Here?
I Have Applied For Gc Based On Usc Wife.

July 06, 2004 - Applied
July 25, 2004 - Received Notice
Aug 13, 2004 - Get Fingerprinted

Till Then No New Update On Case. I Am Still Waiting....

Keep This Thread Alive & Post Interview Experience, Based On Usc Spouse.

Thank You & Have A Great Day

Hey, Keep this thread alive.

Hello,

Hey, Keep this thread alive & post you experince at Newark, NJ office Interview/Application exprience.

Did anybody got greencard Interview for the AOS application based on USC spouse, who applied after June 2004.
Thank You,