NEwark Office tracker for GC thru Marriage or a Relative

sap12452003 said:
Hello,
gc20040 & SWaiting

Was your AOS based on USC spouse?

Last update on my case was 01/12/2005 & has the same message that they received FP review on 08/19/2005... No update & no letter from them?

Any guys on the same boat?

Thank You,

sap12452003,

They received my FP review on 1/24/05 and havent heard anything after that.

chavez630 said:
Hello everyone, i'm new here and was hoping someone could shed some light on my questions. Sent in following paperwork that was recieved by Newark on August 31st: I-130/485/765 on behalf of my wife and I am a USC. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to even get the I-130 approved before 485 is apporved or is it all done at the same time. I haven't heard anything yet from Newark except that they recieved my paperwork and I'm starting to get worried. :confused: Thk you guys for any information.

Amishah has given you all the answers. To really answer your situation we need more details like if your spouse also have filed for EAD and AP? Did you receive anything from Missouri Benefit Center?

If you filed in August 2004, it is about time for the interview already. Like Amishah pointed out, if you miss the biometric appointment, the case will not be processed until they receive the fingerprints/biometric.

You must have the case number for your spouse's AOS. I would call the 1-800 number to find out what is the status of your case. Of course, you can also make an appointment via infopass to inquire the case in person. If you have moved, you will need to inform them.

Good luck.
Kenmw

Last edited by a moderator:
skb2005 said:
kenmw,

My timeline is on the page 14 of this thread. My status was last updated on 1/24/05. They recieved the finger print redults and case is in processing. No updates after that.

Keep us posted about your status.

Does anybody know , how often district office updates the status page ?(http://www.immigration.com/frame/nationalprfr.html )

skb2005:

My wife case and yours is almost about the same time. Hope the interview letter will come soon.

Are you making use with your EAD now? My wife is working as a temp now. At least she can feel useful to the community and our household by bring some "bacons".

I don't think anyone knows how often the online status is updated. My experience is that it will be updated if the officer make a comment/note on the case or access the case with an last update date on the system.

kenmw

sap12452003 and DCgetsGC,
I am a US Citizen. I filled the GC for my parent in Aug 2004 in Newark which went to NBC. Received GC for her in Dec 2004. (110 days)..

Earlier when I filled for my Spouse in 2003, it took 9 months...

goodluck...

amishah said:
I-130 and I-485 process at the same time. You should have heard something by now. Did your receipt asked you to call to some phone # and make an appointment for your wife's biomatric?? Have you moved after you filed?? If you don't receive EAD in 3 months, you can go to your DO and get an intrim EAD. Act now. Follow up on your DO.

OK...here is some more information on my case for everyone reading and helping, thanks everyone for any informations. As I said in my previous post I filed I130 & I485 for my wife last July thru a lawyer in Buffalo, NY and the case has been tranfered to Newark since we live in NJ. This is kinda a long story so please bear w/me as it's a little complicated. My wife and I were engaged when she got picked up by immigration and had to undergo removal/deportation proceedings. While in the removal proceeding we got married and a lawyer in Buffalo helped us with her case and filing all the necessary paperwork. She was allowed to stay in the US since we were married and her removal hearings were closed. Since the case was filed in Buffalo we filed all paperwork there but we live in NJ. The last informations I recieved about my reciept stated that our case was moved to Newark, NJ on August 31st 2004 and we would recieve written notice upon decision completion; that's the only information I have. No request for biometrics or any other information. Our lawyer filed all paper work together along with proof of marriage and relationship including letters from friends and family, pictures, etc. Also guys i'm sorry but im not quite up to date with all the abbreviations like EAD, AP, DO, etc. Although I think DO stands for District Office, AOS (Approval of Status?). So the origainal reciept for paperwork filed was April with a X-fer to Newark on August 31st, which date do we do by? Thanks again guys for all the help.

kenmw said:
Amishah has given you all the answers. To really answer your situation we need more details like if your spouse also have filed for EAD and AP? Did you receive anything from Missouri Benefit Center?

If you filed in August 2004, it is about time for the interview already. Like Amishah pointed out, if you miss the biometric appointment, the case will not be processed until they receive the fingerprints/biometric.

You must have the case number for your spouse's AOS. I would call the 1-800 number to find out what is the status of your case. Of course, you can also make an appointment via infopass to inquire the case in person. If you have moved, you will need to inform them.

Good luck.
Kenmw

Hello and thanks for your reply. I posted some more information for everyone to have a better idea of whats going on. The original I130 was filed and recieved on April, 2004 in Buffalo, NY and has since been transfered to Newark on August 31st. Not sure what EAD or AP stand for as I'm new to all this lingo, please help. We never recieved a biometric appointment or any information or request from MBC. I have the reciept number and am calling 1-800 # tomorrow with hopes of getting an update. How would I go about making an appointment via infopass? Thanks

Hi chavez630
You are right about DO.
AOS- Adjustment of Status
AP - Advance parol - I-131
EAD- Employment Authorization Document- I-765
As you have said you have filed I765, you should be getting it in 3months. They HAVE TO process it in 3 months. If they don't then you should visit your DO and talk with them. This way you will be able to get your Intrim EAD (work permit) and can find about your case. Also you can go to www.ins.gov and using your receipt #( which should be on your receipt that you received), you can check your case status. Calling 800# won't help you much. But won't harm you either.
VISIT YOUR DO.

Hi chavez630:

Besides what Amishah has responded, I am just going to add a few things. We did not realized it is a bit complicated than the normal AOS.

Well, I don't know if anyone know what is the way options now. But here is what I would do if I were you:
  • Get a Infopass schedule ASAP, bing your file and talk to INS directly;
  • Speak with your lawyer again to see what he would suggest;
  • Contact local state respresentative to look into the matter for you (I know some applicants have tried this option, but I don't have experience here).

If you are going there for your spouse's EAD, I would take that chance to speak with an INS officer at that time.

Good luck.
kenmw

Thanks so much guys for all the info and help. I actually finally got a hold of my lawyer today and she cleared up alot of my questions and worries. Since our case is so different and complicated I was unsure about the process. She explained to me that she only filed the I130, as this approval is needed 1st in our case in before we proceed with I485 and I765. We did fill out this paperwork but she is keeping it on file; once I130 gets approved we can submit the rest of the paper work thru the judge and she assured me that the judge would then submit everything postdated with the original date that we filled everything out (July). I'm not sure about this but I hope she's right coz the last thing we wanna do is have to wait another year for the I485 to be approved. The stress and waiting time is killing us being that we wanted to move closer to my family in Texas this summer. Now the only problem is no one know the actual waiting time for I130 approval and next month will make a year already being that we submited that form back in April of 2004. Anyone have any clue on this waiting time? Once again guys I thank you for all your help.

chavez630 said:
Thanks so much guys for all the info and help. I actually finally got a hold of my lawyer today and she cleared up alot of my questions and worries. Since our case is so different and complicated I was unsure about the process. She explained to me that she only filed the I130, as this approval is needed 1st in our case in before we proceed with I485 and I765. We did fill out this paperwork but she is keeping it on file; once I130 gets approved we can submit the rest of the paper work thru the judge and she assured me that the judge would then submit everything postdated with the original date that we filled everything out (July). I'm not sure about this but I hope she's right coz the last thing we wanna do is have to wait another year for the I485 to be approved. The stress and waiting time is killing us being that we wanted to move closer to my family in Texas this summer. Now the only problem is no one know the actual waiting time for I130 approval and next month will make a year already being that we submited that form back in April of 2004. Anyone have any clue on this waiting time? Once again guys I thank you for all your help.

Good...So at this point you are waiting for I130 approval. As a spouse of USC, it should not take more than 3 months. When I became USC, it took only 1 month to get the approval from Vermont Service Center. Just curious, does she know which service center is processing the I-130 for you?

Actually, your lawyer could file the I-485 while I-130 is pending. She might have her own way of doing things. Once I-130 is approved, it will take another 9-11 months to complete the I-1485 (AOS) for your spouse.

Good luck.
Kenmw

This is a very good thread, keep going!
I know Swaiting got GC card 2 weeks after interview.
Is there anybody waiting GC card for a long time after approved interview? I have been waiting for more than 3 month, but don't get GC card in mail. Does anybody have an idea? Thanks!

wafwot,
A) What is the status on USCIS website for your case ? Does it say card ordered or card mailed ?
b) If its more than 60 days, you can call USCIS and inquire about it...

goodluck

SWaiting said:
wafwot,
A) What is the status on USCIS website for your case ? Does it say card ordered or card mailed ?
b) If its more than 60 days, you can call USCIS and inquire about it...

goodluck

SWaiting,
Thank you so much for quick reply. I don't know how to check the status on website since my AOS was direct applied to Newark local office. On the interview day, officer said "you may get your card in mail about 3 months". Did your officer tell you how long should you get GC card in after interview? What number should I call to inquire about it?
I'll check the USCIS website see if I can do it.

wafwot,
Newark office stopeed accecpting applications directly from Feb 2004. When did you apply for AOS ?
If it was sent from Newark to NBC Center, then from your Receipt No, you should be able to see the status from USCIS website.

The no to call is standard USCIS customer Service no. 1-800-375-5283.

SWaiting,
I applied AOS in Dec.2003. The only number I have is A#.
Interviewed twice, stamped 3 moths ago. Seems like I need to call.
Thank you again for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!

wafwot said:
SWaiting,
I applied AOS in Dec.2003. The only number I have is A#.
Interviewed twice, stamped 3 moths ago. Seems like I need to call.
Thank you again for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wafwot:

This best thing to do, I think is to make an InfoPass appointment and inquire in person at Newark.

I don't think the 1-800 number will do you any good.

Good luck.
kenmw

how long for I-485 in Newark?

Does anyone know how long it is taking I-485 to get approved? Married a US citizen and it has been more than a year since I applied for my case. Already sent two inquiries but never got a reply.

faisalt said:
Does anyone know how long it is taking I-485 to get approved? Married a US citizen and it has been more than a year since I applied for my case. Already sent two inquiries but never got a reply.

It should be over by 1yr. The norm is about 10 months. But, I have seen shorted timeline. Have you made an Infopass appointment to inquire in person? If not, it will me the first thing I would do and get a clear answer from them once and for all.

Good luck.
kenmw

faisalt said:

Good. Let us know the outcome after you speak to INS.

kenmw