NEwark Office tracker for GC thru Marriage or a Relative

Didn't get any info. by going in person

kenmw said:
It should be over by 1yr. The norm is about 10 months. But, I have seen shorted timeline. Have you made an Infopass appointment to inquire in person? If not, it will me the first thing I would do and get a clear answer from them once and for all.

Good luck.
kenmw

I went there last week and the lady told me that my case is still in Missouri.
She did not give any more information. I asked how long it is going to take. She said she does not know. It is extremely frustrating.

faisalt said:
I went there last week and the lady told me that my case is still in Missouri.
She did not give any more information. I asked how long it is going to take. She said she does not know. It is extremely frustrating.

If you hired a lawyer at that time, maybe you can ask your lawyer to look into it at Missouri or you may go in-person if possible.

The last option, like others will ask for help from their state assemblymen/representative to inquire the case further.

Don't give up just yet.

my update
file date 2/1/05
noa date 2/8/05
biometrics 3/10/05
EAD 3/28/05

I have a Question: Has anoyone had problem in obtaining a drivers license in NJ. How should I go about doing that. They go by points and I dont think I have all the information they are asking for.
Thanks in advance

Thanks Kenmw

kenmw said:
If you hired a lawyer at that time, maybe you can ask your lawyer to look into it at Missouri or you may go in-person if possible.

The last option, like others will ask for help from their state assemblymen/representative to inquire the case further.

Don't give up just yet.

I have asked my lawyer several times, he said he will ask Missouri what is going on with my case. Are you saying I should go to Missouri to ask about the case? I have already written couple of letters to Director and Ombudsman, but to no avail. My last resort will be to ask Congressman, which i will do in couple of days. Thanks for you help.

Hello Newark, NJ DO Applicants,

Anybody who applied for AOS in July 2004, based on USC spouse got any letter(Interview/Approval)?

I know that as of March 25, they are processing cases of Jun 03, 2004, as per Newark DO timeline, but just curious.

Mine,

Applied 07/10/2004
RD 07/29/2004
FP 08/13/2004
FP review received 08/XX/2004.
Last update 01/17/2005, but message is same(i.e. On August XX, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case)

Any update from some one is appreciated...

Thank you and good luck to all, who are waiting for GC like me.....

SWaiting said:
All forms were filled in NJ forwarded to NBC.
Filling date 08/21/04
FP 09/25/04
EAD approved 10/14/04.
Interview Letter Received 11/01/04.
Interivew Date : 12/20/04
Approved : 12/20/04

It was a strange set of affairs at Newark office to say the least. Files for lot of applicants were not received due to delay by UPS so their interviews were rescheduled. It seems gc20040 got stuck in that unfortunately...

Our case was at 1:30 pm. They kept us waiting till 4:!5 pm. We were the only people left by that time. Then the officer called us to the window. Asked for the medical, mother's passport and my Driving License. Came back 5 min later with her passport stamped. He kept the I-94.

No interview . Didnt ask for the EAD, advance parole, Birth certificate affidavits or anything else which was mentioned in the Interview letter.

Since he approved the case, I didnt volunteer to give him the paper work and came back home gladly...
SWaiting,
I noticed CIS only asked to see medicals at the interview. Did you not send the Medical Report along with 485? Please answer because this is very important to me. My wife is pregnant so we are thinking about postponing the medical until before interview..

sap12452003 said:
Anybody who applied for AOS in July 2004, based on USC spouse got any letter(Interview/Approval)?

I know that as of March 25, they are processing cases of Jun 03, 2004, as per Newark DO timeline, but just curious.

Mine,

Applied 07/10/2004
RD 07/29/2004
FP 08/13/2004
Last update 01/17/2005, but message is same(i.e. On August XX, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case)

Any update from some one is appreciated...

Thank you and good luck to all, who are waiting for GC like me.....

It normally takes 10 months. You should be processed by now. Swaiting just got his done in less than 5 months.

I am hoping my wife case will arrive early this summer.

kenmw

All,

When does FBI Name Check comes into play?
How will I know if it has been cleared or not?

Good Luck to all of you.

I don't think they tell you. You will know your finger print and name check are cleared when they approved your case. Else, it will be denied.

I have not heard from anyone receving letter teling them specifically on this name and fingerprint check results.

skb2005:
Your timeline is almost the same as my wife's. We are hoping to get an interview this summer. Keep posting your timeline updates. Thanks. I will do the same.

Kenmw

hi my checks have been cashed , is there a way to know riecept no i.e NOAS no,can we schedule and appointment even before we get the NOA ????

kenmw said:
I don't think they tell you. You will know your finger print and name check are cleared when they approved your case. Else, it will be denied.

I have not heard from anyone receving letter teling them specifically on this name and fingerprint check results.

skb2005:
Your timeline is almost the same as my wife's. We are hoping to get an interview this summer. Keep posting your timeline updates. Thanks. I will do the same.

Kenmw

Sure, I will post all the updates.

How one is supposed to know if the case is being delayed because of FBI name check? I have read so many posts where by it took more than 6 monthes for FBI name check clearing.

No one knows. You only know when you get a letter or a decision from USCIS. I have one cowroker who had been through a 1 year finger print check and multiple fingerprinting at Newark after her AOS interview. She finally got her US citizenship at the end of last year.

I think she also make multiple InfoPass appointment to inquiry her case in person. But, I don't think it worth you time...cause she did not get anything new out of them anyway.

Kenmw

hey kenmw?

Whats your wife's timeline ?

Mine,

Applied 07/10/2004(Filed I-485 W/I-130 Approval)
RD 07/29/2004
FP 08/13/2004
Last update 01/17/2005, but message is same(i.e. On August XX, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case).

No news for RFE, Interview, or Approval Yet.

jzlthssw,
couldnt reply earlier as I was out of town. Hopefully other members have replied to your question.
Anyway, medical is required only at the time of the interview. The interview letter will ask for that.
In my case there was only 3 weeks of time from the date the interview letter was recieved and the actual interview date...

So I will suggest to get the medical done, once the pregnancy is complete.Dont wait for the interview letter to come.. The medical results are good for 1 year or more..

jzlthssw said:
SWaiting,
I noticed CIS only asked to see medicals at the interview. Did you not send the Medical Report along with 485? Please answer because this is very important to me. My wife is pregnant so we are thinking about postponing the medical until before interview..

sap12452003 said:

Mine,

RD 07/29/2004
FP 08/13/2004
Last update 01/17/2005, but message is same(i.e. On August XX, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case).

My timeline as almost same as yours. On 10/29/04 I applied for AOS (I-485) with already approved I-130.

Here is my last update:

"On January 24, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

sap12452003 said:

Mine,

RD 07/29/2004
FP 08/13/2004

Here is my wife timeline:
AOS timeline

8/Nov/2004 - I-130approved (online)
12/Nov/2004 – Mailed AOS/EAD to Newark (then to MSC)
13/Nov/2004 – Received I-130 approval letter
15/Nov/2004 – Notified Newark and NVC (NH) of the I-130 approval
22/Nov/2004 – Received NOA-1 for I-485 fingerprint and biometric (RD: 15/Nov/04)
22/Nov/2004 – Received NOA-2 for EAD biometric (RD:15/Nov/04)
17/Dec/2004 - Fingerprint and biometric appointment
26/Dec/2004 - Received email notification that fingerprints received and I-485 process resumed.
6/Jan/2005 - I765 approved (received email notification on 7/Jan/2005)
13/Jan/2005 - Received email notification that her EAD approval letter (is the *EAD card*) was mailed out on 12/Jan/05.
14/Jan/2005 - Received EAD card.

Current Online Status:

"On December 23, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

I think it is a bit later than yours but about the same as skb2005.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newark DO was showing the processing date (I-485) as June,3,2004 as of March,25,2005. They are still showing the same date as of April,18,2005.

Looks like they did not move even a single date during past month.

What do you think ??

skb2005 said:
Newark DO was showing the processing date (I-485) as June,3,2004 as of March,25,2005. They are still showing the same date as of April,18,2005.

Looks like they did not move even a single date during past month.

What do you think ??

I won't pay too much attention to the posted date. They are always not up-to-date. I think they do it in certain time interval not daily. Maybe bimonthly, quarterly or etc.

I am hope to get a letter to get things done this summer. I hope my wife can see her brother during his wedding this summer.

Kenmw

One of my uncle (USC) applied I-130 for his married son (who is living abroad)in 1999, the priority date is current. After getting the approval for I-130, what should be the next procedure.

skb2005 said:
One of my uncle (USC) applied I-130 for his married son (who is living abroad)in 1999, the priority date is current. After getting the approval for I-130, what should be the next procedure.

I think he has two options.

1) File AOS here in US after the son entered US with a valid visa.
2) File AOs in the home country and then enter US to complete the process.

Good luck.