NEwark Office tracker for GC thru Marriage or a Relative

Anyone get an interview lately in Newark? For some reason it is too quiet. It kind of scary...I hope they are not slowing doen too much.

Good News

Finally I got something....

Received Interview letter, with Interview Date of Aug 23, 2005... 3 & half month later!!!

Here is timeline...

Application(I-485) received by them on 07/16/2004. & then received FP Result in August.

This letter has very detailed instruction, including medical & everything...like it says please, bring your medical report, if you haven't submitted one.

Any update from other fellows are appreciated.

Thank You,

sap12452003, I would appreciate if you can post your detailed time line.

Do not forget to post your interview experience. Congratulations again and all the very best for your interview.

Anybody else got interview @ Newark DO lately ??

sap12452003...I am glad to see something is going on in Newark. However, I am kind of disappointed on the speed of processing files at Newark as indicated in your timeline.

Looks like they are taking over 10 months (which was the norm before) to process such cases. Although one case does not represent the overall processing speed, it is definitely not encouraging to see.

Hope things will pick up this summer.

I-130 was approved long b4 when my spouse was GC holder.

Filed I-485 on 07/07/2004.
Delivered to them on 07/08/2004.
Receipt Date : 07/26/2004.
FP :08/13/2005
FP result received : 08/20/2004.
Last online update : 01/12/2005

Interview latter recaived : 05/06/2005
Interview Date : 08/2005

I hope this would help. please, share any experience about interview, processing times.

Thank You,

sap12452003,

Our case history almost matches. I got the I-130 approval when my spouse was having GC, as soon as he became USC I applied for AOS. My case was last updated on 1/24/2005 "Recievd finger prints results and case resumed".

Still waiting for the interview...

Good Luck

I am waiting for the AOS interview and I have moved to new place,
Is it advisable to update the address with Newark DO. Even if i dont do it, still i will get the mail because my brother is living at my previous place.

Has anyone ever got into any kind of problem because of the address update?

Newark DO is processing cases with receipt notice date of July,03,2004. This information was updated on their website on 05/18/05.

They are moving very slow since last couple of monthes. Hope things will get better soon...

Sponsoring a Sibling by a US Citizen

Gurus,
I need your help.. one of my friend who is a US Citizen wants to sponsor her sister who is married with two kids aged 15 and 12. She wants to sponsor her and her kids here.... What is the process for that? and how much time usually it will take for them to be here.... ?
Are there multtiple options or only one option...?

I appreciate your help....

Thanks
Raj

She has to file form I130 for her sister and then wait for about 13 years for next step till visa number become available for them. Since her kids are already 12 & 15, by the time they will get their turn they will be above 21 years of age and hence won't be able to come here with their mother. So best way to get them here is try to do student visa or H1 when they grow up. Sorry.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/sibling.htm

Thanks a lot Amishah.. I appreciate your reply....

amishah said:
She has to file form I130 for her sister and then wait for about 13 years for next step till visa number become available for them. Since her kids are already 12 & 15, by the time they will get their turn they will be above 21 years of age and hence won't be able to come here with their mother. So best way to get them here is try to do student visa or H1 when they grow up. Sorry.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/sibling.htm

I am posting my question again as i did not get any response previously.

I am waiting for the AOS interview and I have moved to new place,
Is it advisable to update the address with Newark DO. Even if i dont do it, still i will get the mail because my brother is living at my previous place.

Has anyone ever got into any kind of problem because of the address update?

Application for parent I-130, I-485

Just got a "Request for applicant to appear for initial interview" for the I-485 AOS.

I-130 and I-485 filed concurrently - Oct 22 2004 at charlotte, NC District office
changed address to NJ address 4/14/05
Interview letter notice date 6 jun 2005, interview date September 22 2005 1pm.

Is this a standard letter as is asks for 2 sections:

What MUST you bring? (8 square bullet points - id, birth certificate, all immigration-related documents etc)

and

What else should you bring? (10 square bullet points) ... in this section it asks for things like Affidavit of Support, petitioners birth certificate and evidence of Citizenship.

We submitted all of these things in the initial application - why are they asking for them again? Does anyone else have a similar experience?

rrmaron said:
Just got a "Request for applicant to appear for initial interview" for the I-485 AOS.

I-130 and I-485 filed concurrently - Oct 22 2004 at charlotte, NC District office
changed address to NJ address 4/14/05
Interview letter notice date 6 jun 2005, interview date September 22 2005 1pm.

Is this a standard letter as is asks for 2 sections:

What MUST you bring? (8 square bullet points - id, birth certificate, all immigration-related documents etc)

and

What else should you bring? (10 square bullet points) ... in this section it asks for things like Affidavit of Support, petitioners birth certificate and evidence of Citizenship.

We submitted all of these things in the initial application - why are they asking for them again? Does anyone else have a similar experience?
Are those too heavy to carry? Just take it. You must have submitted the copies. They need to see the originals.

Carry 'em man. Take whatever else you have related to the same. Even take the expired passport if any. They asked about expired passport to one of my friend.

I applied 10/29/05 waiting for the interview.