NEwark Office tracker for GC thru Marriage or a Relative

Hey NewLand

NewLand said:
:p
Updated --

I had AOS interview yesterday, and got passport stamped right away. My receipt date is Feb 21. It took less than 300 days as they said.

The officer only asked a couple of very general questions which show on my application paper, and didn't want to see anything we brought in except passport, I-94 and EAD card. It took less than 10 min.

Thanks

Hey NewLand,

Could you please, provide some specifics of the inteview? I have interview at 8:30 AM at 13th Floor , Room 1300, on Aug 23, 2005. What time should I go there? Is there any big lines at the building entrance I might have to face?

Please, post your experience.

Hi SWaiting

SWaiting said:
My wife had the AOS interview today. everything went fine and her case was approved.

We had to wait for 1 hr after submitting the letter and then we were called for interview..

The interviewer was very nice..He asked the following questions :
a) when and where did we meet
b) medical records copy.
c) Proof of relationship - joint credit cards, lease, electricity bills, photos,
d) tax return and proof of employment..

thats it.

goodluck to the rest of Newark appliers (Ikazmi,others). From Feb 18th onwards, NJ will also move the new applications under Family category to Missourie Center...

Hey SWaiting,

Could you please, provide some specifics of the inteview? I have interview at 8:30 AM at 13th Floor , Room 1300, on Aug 23, 2005. What time should I go there? Is there any big lines at the building entrance I might have to face?

Barodian12 said:
I have my AOS interivew on 3/26/2004. Its a family based case(my wife is a US citizen). Can someone suggest me what are the kind of questions they ask ? Thanks

Hey Barodian12,

ron1234 said:
Sap yes I had one, but I am also not working so I really don't need a new one. I thought that it would take around 9 months from start to end so I thought I could wait it out until my I485 would get approved. However I did not find out about NBC until I sent my papers to newark. So much for the 9 month wait, I hear it could take years now. :mad: :(
Hey SWaiting,

Pirovito said:
Hello folks, i just want to let u know my dates. and also that uscis.gov doesn't showthe update in my case eventhough i received the Interview letter.
aplication received: March 29 2004.
Fingerprint interview= April 16 2004.
EAD Received= June 30 2004.
Interview letter received= September 27 2004.
Interview date= November 08 2004.
Any updates in my case, i will let u know!
Thanks.
Hey

Hi all,

I have few questions :

1) Where does i-765 , I-130 and I-485 approval comes from ? Which dates do we need to follow National Benefits center/ Newark DO ??

2) Does I-130 approval come in 60-90 days because that's what its says on my case status ? Some friends told me that I-130 approval will be together I-485

3) I had my last name mispelled on I-130 . I called them twice and they said they will send me updated notice. But I havent still received it. Did anyone have that isssue. Do I need to submit a written application to them ?

thanks

My timeline:
May 12, 2005- application delivered to Chicago lockbox
June 6, 2005- Notices received
July 23, 2005- FP/biometrics complete
July 28,2005- Send medical info
August 1, 2005- 7case status updated that they received fp
August 4, 2005- 7case status updated that they received medical
Waiting for EAD

Married to USC
Newark DO

njexpress said:
Hi all,

I have few questions :

3) I had my last name mispelled on I-130 . I called them twice and they said they will send me updated notice. But I havent still received it. Did anyone have that isssue. Do I need to submit a written application to them ?

Same case here. Last name mis-spelt. My wife called to correct it and was told to expect a letter within 30 days confirming the changes. Nothing since then. Can you see your I-130 status online? I cant see mine.

thanks

My timeline:
May 12, 2005- application delivered to Chicago lockbox
June 6, 2005- Notices received
July 23, 2005- FP/biometrics complete
July 28,2005- Send medical info
August 1, 2005- 7case status updated that they received fp
August 4, 2005- 7case status updated that they received medical
Waiting for EAD

Married to USC
Newark DO

I can see my status online. But it doesnt say anything except that standard message that it will take 60-90 days to process it.. I dont know when I will get the corrected I-130

skb2005 said:
Finally I recieved the Interview letter today, it is scheduled on 18th October 2005.

What a co-incident, same date my brother is getting married in my native country. I have already purchased the air-tickets.

Is there any way that USCIS can prepone this for about 15-20 days?

I recieved this letter from NBC, Missouri, I was expecting it from Newark DO.

Very soon i will be preparing a list of documents i have (for Interview) and I may need suggestions from you guys who already have attended the interview.

skb2005:

Great to hear that you got the letter. Well, My wife got hers as well on last Saturday. I don't have the interview date cause I just got back from oversea. Will find out if our dates are close.

So it seems that Newark has lost ground on timeline. It is taking like 1 year to process AOS now.

I will back to this forum more often now to prepare for the interview with my wife. Take care all.
kenmw

kenmw:

Congratulation for the interview letter. Let's prepare the list of the things we should carry with us at the time of interview.

Share any other concerns if you have?

When i applied for my AOS, i was not having originals for my birth certificate, so i mailed the (originals) Affidavit supporting my date of birth.

I am sure this document should be in the file of the officer who will be taking the interview.

Should i apply to get it back in case if s/he ask for it?

Any suggestions?

I have checked with my wife on the interview date. It is 25/Oct/2005 (Tues) moring.

Sure, we will be starting to prepare for all documents in the next few days. She is pregnant now and is expecting to due in Nov. So, we are trying to find out if she need to get the vaccination check only or the full physical examination.

skb2005: I don't know the answer of your question. But I read somewhere that you can ask for the original back at the interview. Just make sure you actually sent the original when you applied.

Thanks.

Still no news....

I am really upset now, as it has been more than 450 days and I have not received any update on my case. My lawyer (Biggest @$$) filed my I-485 on March 3, 2004. I got the receipt on March 12, 2004 and did not receive any update since then. My wife filed for I-130 that was also dated on March 12, 2004. No updates on that either. I sent a letter to Ombudsman, USCIS Director, Congressman. I only got a response back from Ombudsman that I should get an update in 45 days. 45 days have passed and no news from anyone. I need help, suggestion, advise.....

faisalt said:
When I told him that I have made 4 inquiries already, he said that on the system it shows that Newark is processing earlier date, so he couldn't make another inquiry. I don't know what is going on. I also went through lawyer( my biggest mistake!), even though my case was pretty straightforward.

Gen. Surgeon - cheapest in NJ

Does anyone know which Gen. Surgeon around Newark around is cheap? What is the fee you have been paying for the service?

Thanks.

kenmw said:
Does anyone know which Gen. Surgeon around Newark around is cheap? What is the fee you have been paying for the service?

Thanks.

Choi in Jersey City, charges around $165 + $50(If you need X-Ray).

sap12452003 said:
Choi in Jersey City, charges around $165 + $50(If you need X-Ray).

X-Rays are usually covered by your medical insurance. Mine was covered. You can save a bit more money if you have your shots taken at your local hospital before you go to the medical exam.

I read somewhere that we can get free vaccination at some government facility. Does anyone know where such facility is in Union County or in your area? I can call the facility to ask for special in our area. Thanks all.

Kenmw

Is it wise to take Wedding video?

I have my Interview at Newark, NJ office. Though I have 50-60 pics of wedding, I am thinking of taking wedding video(VHS). Do they allow that in the building?

SAP12452003:

Since you have plenty of pictures, I don't think you need to worry about carrying VHS and equipments. I have not heard of anyone bringing in video and digital evidents yet.