NEwark Office tracker for GC thru Marriage or a Relative

Newark processing times

Does anyone know why or how the Newark processing time for I-485s has slipped according to the USCIS web page back to April 2003?!?!? This is obviously very discouraging. They seem to have lost a year and a half...

I am surprised too...!!! certiainly it is very discouraging.

Logically it does not make any sense for processing dates falling back to year and a half. It might be a typing mistake but who knows....

Has anyone seen this (processing dates falling back) in the past?

I thought I was hallucinating, but guess not!

skb2005 said:
I am surprised too...!!! certiainly it is very discouraging.

Logically it does not make any sense for processing dates falling back to year and a half. It might be a typing mistake but who knows....

Has anyone seen this (processing dates falling back) in the past?

I filed my case I485 in March 12, 2004. I made 4 inquiries, called the number for 5th inquiry and found out that Newark is processing April 2003. That is really ridiculous. He told me I couldn't make the inquiry as it is processing earlier cases.

This is REALLY a heart-breaking news, especially to those who have planned so many things based upon their status.

Till 06/17/05 the Newark DO was processing the cases 07/03/04 and after 06/18/05 it is prosessing cases 04/06/03. How all of sudden the processing date can fall back year and a half. This just does not make any sense to me at all.

FAISALT: did they mentioned anything about the processing dates during your first 4 inquries?
If your processing date was not current how did they let you make 4 inquries?

Last edited by a moderator:
faisalt said:
I filed my case I485 in March 12, 2004. I made 4 inquiries, called the number for 5th inquiry and found out that Newark is processing April 2003. That is really ridiculous. He told me I couldn't make the inquiry as it is processing earlier cases.

Actually they were processing July 03, 2004 cases a month b4. Now They might be processing few backlog cases. They will return to July 2004 in a month or so.

BTW, I my timeline is

Filed I-485 with approved I-130 in July 2004 & scheduled for Interview In August 2005. Got Interview letter back in May 2005.

This might help.

he told me that sometimes date rolls backward as well...

skb2005 said:
This is REALLY a heart-breaking news, especially to those who have planned so many things based upon their status.

Till 06/17/05 the Newark DO was processing the cases 07/03/04 and after 06/18/05 it is prosessing cases 04/06/03. How all of sudden the processing date can fall back year and a half. This just does not make any sense to me at all.

FAISALT: did they mentioned anything about the processing dates during your first 4 inquries?
If your processing date was not current how did they let you make 4 inquries?

When I told him that I have made 4 inquiries already, he said that on the system it shows that Newark is processing earlier date, so he couldn't make another inquiry. I don't know what is going on. I also went through lawyer( my biggest mistake!), even though my case was pretty straightforward.

sap12452003 said:
Actually they were processing July 03, 2004 cases a month b4. Now They might be processing few backlog cases. They will return to July 2004 in a month or so.

BTW, I my timeline is

Filed I-485 with approved I-130 in July 2004 & scheduled for Interview In August 2005. Got Interview letter back in May 2005.

This might help.
Let's hope what you are saying is right.

Anybody called NCS ?

It seems to me that those who applied to the Chicago mailbox are getting their interviews in less than 6 months in many states. I wonder if there is any case from NJ?

Looks like those who applied towards the end of 2004 (before the implementation of Chicago mail box) will have to wait longer and longer. There must be some interviews in Newark, NJ area. But, I have not read any for a very long time. Anyone from NJ can share their recent interviews (the last 6 months)?

I applied for AOS on 10/29/05 before the implementation of Chicago Lock Box, the last updated status is 1/24/05 -->Finger print results recieved and case has resumed.

Hello

Hi,

Any update with any Newark applicants?

Did anybody have recent interview experience?

Please, post it and keep the thread alive.

Thank you,

Finally, Newark DO updated the processing dates. Current processing date August 07, 2004.

Question: What does processing dates mean?
Does it mean that they are sending interview letters.
OR
They are interviewing.

Because i am sure that there must be atleast 2 monthes gap between interview letter and interview date.

skb2005 said:
Finally, Newark DO updated the processing dates. Current processing date August 07, 2004.

Question: What does processing dates mean?
Does it mean that they are sending interview letters.
OR
They are interviewing.

Because i am sure that there must be atleast 2 monthes gap between interview letter and interview date.

Truely, no one really know. Simply put, it just means they are processing the case (sending interview letters, interview applicants and etc).

Personally, I don't pay too much attention to the processing dates. From what I have read in this forum, it is not accurate. I will believe it when I see the letter in my mail.

I can't believe no one from Newark (NJ) has gotten interview recently. If anyone has received interview letter and/or attended interview in the past three months, please post here.

skb2005 : It seems to me that the Newark DO is slowing down from the previous 8-10 months processing time based on the processing time. :(

Thanks all.

Generally, i keep an eye on processing dates so that we an make an enquiry with the National Customer Service Center (NCSC). Because NCSC always say that your dates are not current and you can not make enquiry.

Yes you are absolutely right, it slowed down drastically. Past couple monthes never heard anybody getting any interview.

Interview Experience

Hey Newark, NJ applicants...

Please, share your interview experience. I have an interview in 3 weeks at Newark, NJ based on USC spouse.

I wouldn't forget to post my experience once it is done. Meanwhile I would appreciate, if some-one who had interview recently can share there experience.

Thanks in advance.

skb2005 said:
Generally, i keep an eye on processing dates so that we an make an enquiry with the National Customer Service Center (NCSC). Because NCSC always say that your dates are not current and you can not make enquiry.

Yes you are absolutely right, it slowed down drastically. Past couple monthes never heard anybody getting any interview.

My Time Line:

I-130/485/765 - Receipt Date: 04-08-2005 (Chicago lockbox ...MSC)
I-130/485/765 - Notice Date: 04-13-2005
Finger Print Date : 6/15/2005
EAD recieved by mail : 6/21/2005
DO: Newark
Category: USC Spouse

question on length to interview

sap12452003 said:
Hey Newark, NJ applicants...

Please, share your interview experience. I have an interview in 3 weeks at Newark, NJ based on USC spouse.

I wouldn't forget to post my experience once it is done. Meanwhile I would appreciate, if some-one who had interview recently can share there experience.

Thanks in advance.

I will be sure to share as soon as I have an experience to share. Our receipt date was November 2004 and we are waiting for them to get around to processing. Since you have an interview in 3 weeks, could you share with us(1) how long it took for you to receive anything from Newark after the online processing times indicated that they were past your receipt date and (2) how far in advance of your interview did you receive the letter granting the interview?
Thanks much.

cmcrorie said:
I will be sure to share as soon as I have an experience to share. Our receipt date was November 2004 and we are waiting for them to get around to processing. Since you have an interview in 3 weeks, could you share with us(1) how long it took for you to receive anything from Newark after the online processing times indicated that they were past your receipt date and (2) how far in advance of your interview did you receive the letter granting the interview?
Thanks much.

I got the interview letter, before online processing dates updates & the interview letter was three & half months b4.

cmcrorie said:
Thanks much.

cmcrorie:
Could you please post your time line?
I am just curious to see because my RD is 10/29/2004.

Finally I recieved the Interview letter today, it is scheduled on 18th October 2005.

What a co-incident, same date my brother is getting married in my native country. I have already purchased the air-tickets.

Is there any way that USCIS can prepone this for about 15-20 days?

I recieved this letter from NBC, Missouri, I was expecting it from Newark DO.

Very soon i will be preparing a list of documents i have (for Interview) and I may need suggestions from you guys who already have attended the interview.

I was waiting for the interview letter impatiently, i got the letter and i was stunned when i read the interview date, its 18th October, the same date my my brother is getting married in my native country.

It is very important for me to attend the wedding, there will be many other relatives coming for various other countries and most of us have booked the air-tickets as well. All the wedding arrangements,bookings, invitations everything is almost finidhed. There is no way that we can reschedule the wedding at this time.

I am mentioning all this to guys because i need you suggestion:
Should i rechedule my Interview date ? (my keyboard was not willing to type this question)
Anyone has any experience to rescheduling the interview?
Generally how back i will fall if i reschedule the interview?

Any of your thoughts will be VERY VALUABLE for me to make my decision.