NEwark Office tracker for GC thru Marriage or a Relative

sap12452003,
what info are u looking for ?
gc20040 and me both applied in Aug 2004 and received the GC in DEC 2004.

Submitted the originals

Hi All,

When i got married i was on H1 and my wife having her GC . My wife applied for my I-130, got the approval.
Then she got her citizenship and applied for my adjustment of status. I am done with my finger-prints.
Got EAD and AP, waiting for the interview.

Following is my time line:

I-130 - Receipt Date: 03-31-2004
I-130 - Notice Date: 07-03-2004

I-485/765 - Received Date: 10/29/2004
I-485/765 - Notice Date: 11/03/2004
Advance Parole Issue Date : 12/15/2004
Finger Print Date : 1/13/2005
EAD recieved by mail date :1/14/2005

Interview Date : You tell me.

When i applied for my AOS (adjustment of status) i made a stupid mistake. I sent the originals for my birth certificate supporting documents. Is there anyway that i can get the originals back?

Last edited by a moderator:
skb2005,
at the time of the interview in Newark, you can request the interviewing officer to give the original back from the file. I saw our folder to have the original application we submitted.

Swaiting,

Thanks for your quick response.
I am concerned only for the fact that if AOS interview officer asked for the originals then i will not be able to produce it because i have already submitted the same.

Based upon my time line when do you think i should get AOS interview?

According to http://www.immigration.com/frame/nationalprfr.html
Newark Dist. Offie is currently processing the cases with Receipt notice date of May 03, 2004.

that timeframe thing is lame. We applied on Aug 23rd 2004 to NBC. Received GC in last week of Dec 2004 already...

For the BC supporting document, either you need to prepare for the worst by getting another original or hope for the Interview Officer to be nice.

In our case, he didnt even took the interview. Just asked for the passport and medical and then asked us to keep sitting in the hall. 5 min he came with passport stamped. I had mailed only 1 affidavit for BC not being available. Normally 2 are required. The officer didnt ask for anything...

so goodluck...

Lucky you...
I am planning to call customer service tomorrow, lets see if they can return the originals otherwise i will try ro rearrange the original affidavits again. I do not want to take any chances.

Till my finger prints eveything was rolling smoothly but since then the same old message:
On January 24, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made. :confused:

I called customer service to ask how can i get my originals back. She told me to fill up the form G-884. This form is not available for download so i requested using Forms By Mail. I should get this form in about 7 days.

I am eagerly waiting for the interview letter for my AOS. Does anybody know approximately how long it takes for the interview after the finger prints?

As for the interview time, expect 8-10 months from your filing date. My spouse and my friend are both waiting. I have seen a 6 months time frame in the forum before.

Anyone had an interview recently or scheduled to have one soon at Newark, NJ? Please share your timeline.

Kenmw

You mean 8-10 from the date of filing the AOS, right?
I am asking this because i filed my I-130 back in March 2004 and filed AOS in October 2004.

kenmw, what is your time line?

skb2005

My wife is waiting for her interview letter and the online status has not changed since December/04. Yes, it is 8-10months from the AOS filing date.

You can see her timeline from this thread on page 13.

How about you or anyone applying at Newark, NJ?

kenmw

my timeline
mailed 130,485,765 on feb 1, 2005
was received feb3,2005
RN : feb 8,2005
Biometrics will be march 10, 2005

Question: Has anyone had an Id problem when going for fingerprinting?
My receipt notice last name is my married name but my ID is my maiden name.
Thank you

gc20040 & SWaiting

Hello,
gc20040 & SWaiting

Was your AOS based on USC spouse?

Last update on my case was 01/12/2005 & has the same message that they received FP review on 08/19/2005... No update & no letter from them?

Any guys on the same boat?

Thank You,

Help

Hello everyone, i'm new here and was hoping someone could shed some light on my questions. Sent in following paperwork that was recieved by Newark on August 31st: I-130/485/765 on behalf of my wife and I am a USC. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to even get the I-130 approved before 485 is apporved or is it all done at the same time. I haven't heard anything yet from Newark except that they recieved my paperwork and I'm starting to get worried. :confused: Thk you guys for any information.

chavez630 said:
Hello everyone, i'm new here and was hoping someone could shed some light on my questions. Sent in following paperwork that was recieved by Newark on August 31st: I-130/485/765 on behalf of my wife and I am a USC. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to even get the I-130 approved before 485 is apporved or is it all done at the same time. I haven't heard anything yet from Newark except that they recieved my paperwork and I'm starting to get worried. :confused: Thk you guys for any information.
I-130 and I-485 process at the same time. You should have heard something by now. Did your receipt asked you to call to some phone # and make an appointment for your wife's biomatric?? Have you moved after you filed?? If you don't receive EAD in 3 months, you can go to your DO and get an intrim EAD. Act now. Follow up on your DO.

willinghope said:
my timeline
was received feb3,2005

Thank you
Just keep your marriage cert. with you. I had the same case.

willinghope said:
my timeline
was received feb3,2005

Thank you

I dont know about anybody else but they did not ask any id from me. All i showed them was the letter i recieved and the biometric interview confirmation number (which i got over the phone).

If you can take any documents which related both of your names or any legal name change documents, that might help. I would call and ask the customer service.