NEwark Office tracker for GC thru Marriage or a Relative

hello sap12452003,
did you use money orders or personal checks ?
I was wondering if I can use personal checks... That will be one less headache of getting the money orders ready... I hate this NBC thing. Wish they would have implemented the same program as in Dallas in NJ too so that people here can get GC in 3 months...

thanks

Swaiting

Hello,
They only accept Money Orders/Certified/Cashiers checks. I would recommend you to send the Cashiers check so, you can get the Copy of the cancelled check by just walking in to Branch.

Hey Ron,
Are you able to check status of your application online with receipt notice sent by NBC?
I got the receipt notice starting w/ "MSC, but the online ststus check at uscis.gov, doesn't recognize my number..

Thanks anyway..

Finally..

Finally my receipt appears online.. The message says that it takes them 120 to 180 days to process such kinda cases..
Called 800 # today.. got appointment after two weeks..

How does the time line look for the Newark Office - family based, I'm just about ready to appy .. please advise who well will i sleep !!!!! :)

Ron

Did u get the EAD?
Anybody have any experience, how long its taking to get EAD from Newark Office..

Any reply is apprecaited..

No I did not need to apply for one, so I did not spend the money for it. I hate not knowing how long to wait for MSC to do there part.

Ron

Why you had one? Please, specify.
I also have EAD based on V1 valid till end of 2005.. But i dunno it's considered valid or no, as my wife is USC now..

Thanks in advance..

Sap yes I had one, but I am also not working so I really don't need a new one. I thought that it would take around 9 months from start to end so I thought I could wait it out until my I485 would get approved. However I did not find out about NBC until I sent my papers to newark. So much for the 9 month wait, I hear it could take years now. :mad: :(

I applied I485/I130/I765/I131 for my parents yesterday to Newark...
Hoping to receive the notice/receipt from NBC soon...

I mailed my AOS/EAD/AP last week to the Newark office (mine is based on a an approved family based I-130). Will keep you posted on any developments, but I don't expect to hear from USCIS for at least another month.

Got plastic Card

july 3rd week AOS interview and approved
Aug 1st week recieved welcome letter, plastic Card

Best of Luck everyone.

Thanks

Ron1234/sap12452003/gc20040,

I Mailed the Applications on 8/21/04. Received Notices from NBC on 8/30/04.

The notice for I-485 and I-765 both ask for calling the customer center for Biometrics and Finger Prints.

Do I need to setup 2 appointments or 1 ???

thanks...

Sap12452003,
There is only 1 appointment which is required to be setup. She asked for both the ASC codes and gave the confirmation no. She mentionted that the ASC will take care of it...

Secondly Newark does accept Personal Checks.. I used them...

Galaxy's dates are available in this thread earlier.. His dates wont make any sense for us as the case was handled by Newark totally...

sap12452003 said:

My timeline so far for I-485/I-131/I-765 based on an approved I-130:

Mailed to Newark office on Aug 19
Recieved notice from NBC on Sep 3

Next step is to make appointment for biometrics.

Anyone know how long its taking to get AP and EAD from NBC these days?

gc20040,
Are you able to track your reciept no on USCIS Case Status Online ???

I received my receipts on Aug 28th but still cant track them on the website ...

No I can't.

From the postings of others on this thread, it seems that it takes at least a week for the online status to appear.