NEwark Office tracker for GC thru Marriage or a Relative

The original priority date has been retained! :D

Originally posted by juliatroyan
Sunhaolu,

Did you retain the original priority date when you switched categories or did you get a new priority date?

Thanks.

Status

I hae similar dates to swaiting. I am about 2 weeks post. I don't have the exact dates, but in rough estimates-
app. sent in June 03
FP in Aug 03
EAD received in Sept 03
Waiting on Interview.

My target date is in Apr 2004. Seems like the wait is going to be approximately that long. Any ideas?

Thanks
BPS

bps2000,
all we can do is just wait. And hope there is no security check crap when we go for interview. Please keep posted when you receive the Interview letter.

goodluck

Finally

Finally..........I got the most awaited letter from BCIS.

Green Card Approved.

Re: Finally

Zking,
Thats wonderfull news. congrats.. 4 months of extra wait due to security check !! wow.

Originally posted by zking
Finally..........I got the most awaited letter from BCIS.

Green Card Approved.

Thanks................Processing time according to reciept 180 days, and actual processing time 400 days.

SWaiting,

I went to Newark office and got my advance parole on Jan 2nd. They were operating with very less staff so I had to wait almost 8 hrs for the AP!!

I am going to India this weekend for a month. I am wondering when my FP/EAD interview notice would come.
Any idea how long it takes for the EAD/FP ? I applied on Nov 18th 2003. Is it that if ur case is at a local office, they wouldn't mail the EAD ? I don't know why there is an interview for EAD..

If u have an idea about how long it takes for EAD/FP, pls let me know. I have to plan my trip accordingly.

Thanks,

birth,
I wouldn't suggest taking a trip outside US right now unless its urgent.

If you go thru this thread and the timelines, we got the FP in 2 months and EAD in 80 days. Its not an interview for EAD. Since this is a local office, you have to go there for FP for EAD too and the photo. It should all happen for you in next 3-4 weeks...

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks SWaiting...

My trip is unavoidable. My husband will be here..so in case I receive any notices from CIS, I can come back. I hope they will
give 30 days time for the EAD interview and FP.

Thank u very much for the info..

Swaiting,
One quick question....
When the Newark office sends out the EAD notice, will they give 30 days time or is it an appointment letter with a fixed time and date ? I am worried bcos of my India trip.. I heard that FP notice gives you 30 days time to appear before CIS.

Thanks again....

birth,
You have to keep this thing in mind that there is no hard and fast rule with BCIS.

I checked my docs and following are the detals :
a) FP notice was mailed 7 days before the actual FP date. I was lucky to even receive it on time.
b) for EAD the notice was mailed 40 days before the EAD interview date..

On the EAD scheduling letter it says, that if you dont make a request to reschedule this appointment in person before the end of 2 weeks following the scheduled appointment, your application will be denied...

goodluck

my 2 cents on this,

As swaiting said, it could be more then 30 days or maybe less, but when i went to India last may and i was expecting my AOS interview during that time frame, when i went to INS office for AP i submitted a letter a saying " I am going out of country between this dates and please reschedule my interview if i miss the interview dates" and i got it stamped(not on PASSPORT) from INS right there and i told the officer to make a copy for my record and they put that letter in my file so whenever they open my file they see that. and yes waiting 8 HRS for AP is not a big deal, i waited like 6-7 hrs with full staff.

so the moral of the story is always be on a safer side.

this is just my experience...act wisely

ikazmi,others,

I received my wife's interview letter today.. It was mailed last week. The interview is in Feb 2004.

goodluck

swaiting

that was quick, anyway congratulations.... i hope you don't get sucked in to this CIA checks...

I got my " CONDITIONAL GREEN" today... Exp. date 2 year from Now. ..

Good Luck All...

SWaiting,

Congrats......

I applied the same time as you (Mine was June 2003) but no news so far.

Good luck to both of you.

ikazmi,
You should get your letter any day now... And if its like the last time, your interview will happen before mine..:)

zking - thanks. Ya this security check will surely be a pain if it happens.

goodluck

SWaiting,

As u said earlier I received the interview letter for my husband for the 24th of Feb. Although, I do not understand 1 thing. We had submitted the medical form along with the entire package but still they have sent a blank medical form and asked us to carry that along even if it is not completely filled.

Please advice if u have any idea.

Thanks.

ikazmi,
its great that we both have interview around the same month so its easier to exchange notes...

We had submitted the medical too along with the application, however we still received the blank form and the interview letter is asking for medical details which is wierd.

I am planning to just show the copy we have from the doctor's office...

goodluck