Newark local office transfer: tracker

Hi acc918

thanks a lot for your reply acc918

have you by any chance observed in the forum that USCIS have asked "All document pertaining to the application"??

thanks
GlenMD

acc918 said:
NJ_VIJ,

Thank you for you reply. I know what you are saying above and I have this below the interview letter. But mine stated in bold letters and capitalized in the letter itself that "THIS INTERVIEW WILL BE VIDEOTAPED".

I don't know why my letter says this.
Hi acc918,

Below are the lines from my interview letter

Reason for appointment: APPLICATION FOR ADJUSTMENT STATUS

THIS INTERVIEW WILL BE VIDEO TAPED. (IN BOLD letters)

“ ***A VIDEO OR AUDIO RECORDING MAY BE MADE OF..” ( this line is in bottom of letter)

I also was worried the same thing why my interview will be video taped. I checked my friend's interview letter which has the same lines.

Regards,
NJ_VIJ.

NJ_VIJ said:
Hi acc918,

Below are the lines from my interview letter

Reason for appointment: APPLICATION FOR ADJUSTMENT STATUS

THIS INTERVIEW WILL BE VIDEO TAPED. (IN BOLD letters)

“ ***A VIDEO OR AUDIO RECORDING MAY BE MADE OF..” ( this line is in bottom of letter)

I also was worried the same thing why my interview will be video taped. I checked my friend's interview letter which has the same lines.

Regards,
NJ_VIJ.

NJ_VIJ,

I think this is a std letter, Also the number 0001 on the right side gives the officer, am I right?

Hi DOM2004,

I do have 0001 in my interview letter bottom right corner as 0001, but I don't know whether it is officer number or not.

NJ_VIJ

NJ_VIJ said:
Hi DOM2004,

I do have 0001 in my interview letter bottom right corner as 0001, but I don't know whether it is officer number or not.

NJ_VIJ

Hi Guys.

NJ_VIJ, Thanks for your reply. It made me feel better that our letters are basically the same. You know I also have the 0001 number on the bottom right hand corner of the letter. If this is indeed the officer#, does anyone here had an interview experience with 0001? If yes, pls share your experience with us. Pls provide information also if that officer is a male or female, white or whatever race.

Thank you. Goodluck to us all!

Hi

NJJ

Whats up ?

Very curious to know the out come of your Oct 13 interview ,Hope everything went well and fine ?

Regards

MM

Passport stamped at Cherry Hill after the interview

Hi, MM and mjr_jcnj,

Thanks for asking. The interview is quite smooth and we get the passport stamped after it. I was very tired yesterday after the interview (got up at 5:30am yesterday morning) so I didn't post the result yesterday.

Here is the details,

Arrive at Cherry Hill BSCIS at 7:30am and get into the waiting room about 8:00am. There are not too many people there, less than 20. Wait for about 2 hours until we are called by officer 2 (actually I am quite nervous when wait in the waiting room since all the people come before us have been called and even some come after us).

The officer is a very nice and friendly young man with black hair (I am not sure if he is an asia). He first took the finger print of our right index finger and told us to follow him to his cabin. There he asked us to stand up and take a oath of telling the truth, we said, yes, we do.

Then he explain us why he keep us waiting so long. He said it was his first time to handle the case like ours (we are self-petitioned NIW case) and he came here at 8:00am, it took him one and a half hour to review the case. (actually he had all of our document including the document for I140 application in front of him). Then he asked for passport, driver license, employment letter, pay stubs (last three months), last year's W2 and tax return, I140 approval notice, I-94 form, my daughter's birth certificate (my daughter was born here). Most of the document he took a look at it and returned to us after that. But he did take the I140 approval notice (original since he said we didn't need it any more), copy of my daughter's birth certificate, employment letter, last year's W2 and tax return, all EADs, I-94 form. copy of pay stubs.

I did mention him that we bring the new style audit photos with us, he said it is not necessary and let us decide if we want to use the old one or the new one. Both my husband and I decided to use the old one since they were taken two years ago and we were little bit younger at that time. :)

I also show him the re-done medicals and asked if it was necessary to redo the medicals. He said it depends, some officer may ask for it. But for him, it is not necessary. He still opened the envelope and took a look at the examine results but he also mentioned that even there was something wrong for our new medical he will still approve our case since our old medical results were fine.

The questions he asked were,

our birthdate,
our parents' name,
who is my employer and if I work with the same employer during the past two years
what is my job position
when I first entered USA and, if I left USA after I am here
our SSN, our current phone number
When we got married, if it is our only marriage, how many kids we have

Then he asked us some routine questions like drug use, if we have ever joined any terrorist organization, if we help anyone enter USA illegally, etc.

After 30 minutes interview, he said everything is fine for our case and he will stamp our passport after he got the visa number from washington DC. He asked us to wait again in the waiting room and said it will take him 15 minutes to get the visa number. But it turns out almost one hour for us to get the stamped passport.

So totally it took us almost 3.5 hours to finish it. But it is still worthwhile.

MM, don't worry too much. If your case is quite straightforward, the interview should be very easy.

mjr_jcnj, have you ever got your green card? Some of my friends get the card within one month after the interview. Please let me know once you got it.

One thing I want to mention is I saw one man come in and complained that he didn't heard anything for quite a long time after his case transfered to Cherry Hill, the officer there took a look at the material he handed in and give him the interview notice on the spot.

So guys if you really wait quite a long time, I may suggest you make an appointment through fastpass and walk in personaly to request the interview notice. I am not sure if it works every time but at least I saw one guy got it in such a way.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi NJJ,

I am VERY HAPPY that you got your passport stamped. Congrats to you and your family.

I got a welcome letter from BICS 3 weeks after the interview and they said that the card will be coming in the next weeks.

I have been checking the status of my case online using the old receipt # (EAC) since the status hasn't changed since the interview. When I got the welcome notice from BICS, theres a new receipt # on the letter and I checked it online and it said that the case has been approved. So just wait for the letter to come in and dont worry if your status online hasnt changed.

Again, congratulations and I'll keep you posted.

mjr_jcnj

mjr_jcnj,

Thanks so much for the information. So I will wait for this welcome letter.

Hope you will get your card very soon.

Enjoy the weekend,

NJJ

WonderfulBoy:
My Case is very similar to yours.
Sponsoring Employer A. Quit them 1 month after filing Labor - Apr 01
Joined Comp B in May01 and then Joined Comp C in Dec 01. Still working for Comp C.
Labor approved Apr 02.
CompA supported for 140 - Applied in May 02
New Concurrent rule came into effect and applied for 485 in sept 02 - Comp A.
140 Approved in June 03.
3 EAD/AP till now - all approved.

Although I have EAD, Iam still working on H1 with Comp C.

Got RFE in Jan 04 - Asking if I quit CompA and show the end dates of employment with them and show that CompC has a permament offer for GC - they thought it was AC21 case + Requests for recent paystubs + Tax.
I spoke to my lawyer and he suggested that I go back to CompA and then respond to RFE. (or apply for AC21 with compC... issue is that my initial labor had very specific
requirments about s/w for Insurance products which is not valid for compC. so did not want to take chances)

I spoke to Rajiv Khanna's associate and they said, I do not need to go back to compA till GC is approved...I can respond that the intensions are still the same.

So this is how my response was:
I worked with Comp A from Jan 00 to May 01. They offered me a permanent position when I was leaving - that is valid as soon as my GC is approved.
I am currently working for Comp C on H1B and this is a temporary position.

Attached current employment letter +h1B from compC specifying salary and position. + paystubs from them - to show iam in status.
Attached offer letter for CompA specifying Fulltime permanent position and salary and validity - on approval of GC

Replied to RFE in FEB 04. No response after that.
3rd EAD and AP renewed in June/july 04.
On Sept 16 had the 2nd FP.

October 15th I got emails with update saying my case has been transferred to Newark.

Iam not sure of what is going to happen and how long the wait is.

Since your case is very similar, I wanted to get some info and support about how to respond to questions in the interview + steps that u are taking etc. Iam not very confident about my lawyer but at the same time...he does not suck. so dont' want to change him at this juncture.

Also, We are expecting a baby in Mid Jan...so i don't know how this will complicate the interview schedules and/or redoing medicals etc etc.

Hope everything goes fine.

Card Received

Hi NJJ,

Just to let you know that i got my greencard in the mail today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Took 3 weeks after the interview. Yours should be coming soon.

Regards,

mjr_jcnj

Hi,mjr_jcnj,

Congratulations. So the greencard journey totally ends for you now. It is really fast.

Thanks for the sharing.

Best Wishes

NJJ

NJJ said:
Hi,mjr_jcnj,

Congratulations. So the greencard journey totally ends for you now. It is really fast.

Thanks for the sharing.

Best Wishes

NJJ

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!

Can anyone help me how to get certified copies of my Tax Returns from the INS? Thank you.

Hi,acc918,

That is what I got from this forum,

irs tax transcripts: call 1-800-tax-1040 and request the transcripts for the yr that you are interested in. It is free and you get it within 10 days.

I called them after I got the interview notice and requested the transcripts for the past three years, got them in mail within one week.

NJJ

undefinedundefined
NJJ said:
Hi,acc918,

irs tax transcripts: call 1-800-tax-1040 and request the transcripts for the yr that you are interested in. It is free and you get it within 10 days.

I called them after I got the interview notice and requested the transcripts for the past three years, got them in mail within one week.

NJJ

Hello NJJ,

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it.

NJJ said:
Hi,acc918,

NJJ

Hello NJJ,

Do you have any idea if the IO in the interview will ask for the Tax Returns of your current employer in case of AC21 case? I transferred employer and my lawyer told me to bring the Tax Returns of my current employer. Unfortunately, my current employer is a private firm and they don't give-out Financial information like this. Do you know of any alternative?

Thank you again for your help.

Hi,acc918,

Sorry I can't help on this issue since my case is NIW based and I have little experience about AC21 case. Is this one specifically requested in your interview notice?

Maybe you can try to raise this issue in other immigration related forums and see if you can get some answers there.

NJJ