Newark local office transfer: tracker

Hi, DOM2004,

As far as I know, usually once you got the 2nd FP notice from the local INS, the interview notice should come very soon after that.

So wait for another week, you will be there.

Good Luck

NJJ

docs needed for interview.

NJJ said:
Hi,nj_k,

No, I get nothing from Newark, just the interview notice from Cherry Hill.

Yours should be there soon.

NJJ

HI!! NJJ,

Can you privide the list of docs that u going to take with you for interview. I am not there yet but am hoping to get a call soon.

Hi NJJ,

You are right it should follow, however it is taking too long as people here got within a month their calls!

Anyway,did you get notice for doing medicals for attending the interview and do we have to bring 140 approval?

Hello NJJ

Once Again Good Luck to you ...
I will be very glad to have the info of Officer #2 .
and I will post my experiance as well for future candidates.

Could you please tell me what docs had been requested on you ur call letter.

Regarding me.

My attorney has to accompany me.
- PAssports with I 94 ( unfortunately the I 94 is missing from my pp but I do have a photocopy ) ANY ONE HAS IDEA ..HOW TO GET A DUPLICATE
- Original Birth and Marriage Certificates
- Original Labor and I 140 approvals
- Medicals..... sealed .
- Affidavit of support for Wife. ( Any minimum bank balance ???)

That is all mentioned in the cover letter.

mm

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, vipul79 and MM,

Here is the list of docs I intend to bring for the interview, hope it helps.

Interview notice
I-485 receipt notice
I-140 approve notice

Employment letter
Most recent 3 Pay Stubs

I-94 cards
Passport and Visa
All non-immigration visa (H-1, J-2, H-4, F-1, etc)
Audit Photos (2 for each)

SSN card
All EAD cards
All Aps
Finger printing notice
Drive License

3 Years W-2 Form
3 Years tax returns

Medicals
Birth certificate
Marriage certificate
Education certificates

3 Month bank statements
Utility bills
Credit card statements
Apt. Lease

DOM2004,

Yes, they did mention medicals in my interview notice but not ask me to redo it. Although people here said no need to redo it, I still did the medical again and get another sealed envelope by the doctor.

Also I think you need to bring the 140 approval notice with you. They may not ask for it, but it is better bring every related items. Just in case.

NJJ

markmurali said:
Hello NJJ

Once Again Good Luck to you ...
I will be very glad to have the info of Officer #2 .
and I will post my experiance as well for future candidates.

Could you please tell me what docs had been requested on you ur call letter.

Regarding me.

My attorney has to accompany me.
- PAssports with I 94 ( unfortunately the I 94 is missing from my pp but I do have a photocopy ) ANY ONE HAS IDEA ..HOW TO GET A DUPLICATE
- Original Birth and Marriage Certificates
- Original Labor and I 140 approvals
- Medicals..... sealed .
- Affidavit of support for Wife. ( Any minimum bank balance ???)

That is all mentioned in the cover letter.

mm

Hi!! mm,
How do you know officer #2 is going to Interview you. Do they mention it in the letter ?

Thanks.

Vipul79

NJJ said:
Hi, vipul79 and MM,

Interview notice
I-485 receipt notice
I-140 approve notice

Employment letter
Most recent 3 Pay Stubs

I-94 cards
Passport and Visa

SSN card
All EAD cards
All Aps
Finger printing notice
Drive License

3 Years W-2 Form
3 Years tax returns

Medicals
Birth certificate
Marriage certificate
Education certificates

3 Month bank statements
Utility bills
Credit card statements
Apt. Lease

DOM2004,

Yes, they did mention medicals in my interview notice but not ask me to redo it. Although people here said no need to redo it, I still did the medical again and get another sealed envelope by the doctor.

Also I think you need to bring the 140 approval notice with you. They may not ask for it, but it is better bring every related items. Just in case.

NJJ

Thanks NJJ.
What is Audit Photos ??

VIpul79

NJJ said:
Hi, vipul79 and MM,

Interview notice
I-485 receipt notice
I-140 approve notice

Employment letter
Most recent 3 Pay Stubs

I-94 cards
Passport and Visa

SSN card
All EAD cards
All Aps
Finger printing notice
Drive License

3 Years W-2 Form
3 Years tax returns

Medicals
Birth certificate
Marriage certificate
Education certificates

3 Month bank statements
Utility bills
Credit card statements
Apt. Lease

DOM2004,

NJJ

Thanks NJJ.
What is Audit Photos ??

VIpul79

Hi, vipul79,

The Audit (or Adit?, I am not sure) photos are the photos with some kind of style/requirements by BSCIS (you may find the correct format from BSCIS' website.

As to the interview officer, yes it is clearly stated on the interview notice that which officer will interview you. For my case, it is officer #2 and seems MM has the same officer.

NJJ

Hi Markmurali

my officer is the same #1 as yours. Pls share your expeience on the interview.

NJ_VIJ,

What were the questions asked and did any documents seen by the officer? I think you have the same officer

I have been asked only the letter I94,PP is it necessary to bring the current employment letter, I am working with the same company

I would recommend taking 2 pictures with you on the interview. There are several right around the BICS building. The officer who interviewed me was very kind enough to let me have the pictures after she stamped my passport. She just gave me a note that I can come back just for the pictures.

NJJ.............the best of luck to you, I know your interview is very soon. So next time we can talk about when the actual card will arrive.

mjr_jcnj

DOM2004 said:
Hi Markmurali

NJ_VIJ,

What were the questions asked and did any documents seen by the officer? I think you have the same officer

I have been asked only the letter I94,PP is it necessary to bring the current employment letter, I am working with the same company

Hi Guys,

Mine did not mention which officer will do the interview. It did say however that the interview will be videotaped
Is this unusual? Would appreciate any input on this. Thanks.

Mine didnt mention whicj officer too.
It said "team room such and such". At first I got scared thought a whole team was going to interview me :) .
anyways it turned out only one officer interviewed. so dont worry.
They didnt allot you a officer cus they wanna see what you look like . I am just kidding :)

Hi acc918,

Can you share what type of documents USCIS has asked in their Interview letter.

Thanks
Glenmd

DOM2004 said:
Hi Markmurali

NJ_VIJ,

Hi DOM2004,

Below are the questions officer asked me

Who is my employer ?
Where is the office located ?
Who are the clients ?
Does employer operate only in US or outside US?
Do U work at client's place everyday or visit your employer's office?
Later asked our personal questions . Like when and where we were married ? Do we have children ? Is it our first marriage ?
Where did I meet my wife first time ?
Do you have any connection with Terrorist organizations or Terrorists?

He repeated the same personal questions to my wife too ...

Below are the documents officer asked me

Passport
Asked my Employment letter (I was asked to bring in the interview letter)?
My Recent Pay stubs? Given entire 2004 pay sub
Note: If officer ask about any documents give him only copies, I made a mistake when he asked for pay stubs I asked him a question you want original or copy, he immediately asked me did you have original and he took and compared both then kept the copy.

Even if you are working for the same company, better take the current employment letter and all required documents, which support your petition.

Regards
NJ_VIJ

Hi acc918,

My Interview letter also stated that “ ***A VIDEO OR AUDIO RECORDING MAY BE MADE OF..” this is usual. I did not see any cameras over there, there might be hidden.

All the best for the interview.

Thanks
NJ_VIJ

glenmd said:
Hi acc918,

Can you share what type of documents USCIS has asked in their Interview letter.

Thanks
Glenmd

Hi GlenMd,

The interview letter indicated that we should bring I94, PP. But below the letter is a small paragraph that states that we should bring all the documents related to the application so I am going to bring everything I can think is related to the application.
Does anyone know if the officer will talk to the kids too? I am just curious. Anyway, I will be with my lawyer.

Thank you for your replies.

NJ_VIJ said:
Hi acc918,

My Interview letter also stated that “ ***A VIDEO OR AUDIO RECORDING MAY BE MADE OF..” this is usual. I did not see any cameras over there, there might be hidden.

All the best for the interview.

Thanks
NJ_VIJ

NJ_VIJ,

Thank you for you reply. I know what you are saying above and I have this below the interview letter. But mine stated in bold letters and capitalized in the letter itself that "THIS INTERVIEW WILL BE VIDEOTAPED".

I don't know why my letter says this.

NJ_VIJ,

Thanks for yr reply, you are right, I guess I will ask for the current employment letter, though nothing has been mentioned to bring it. Hope everything is ok.

My salary however is 35k more than the LC (sub) do anyone foresee a problem