Newark local office transfer: tracker

Interview at Newark

wonderfulboy said:
Murali,

You are a lucky guy buddy. Officer scheduled the interview fast enough within 2 + months time. I am really scared after talking to rajiv khanna (my attorney), messages in washington dc forum how long it will take for my case to be scheduled an interview :confused: I will be very happy if i get it in 2+ months time frame.

Wonderfulboy / Murali,

Do you know how much Atty. Rajiv Khanna would charge to go to the interview with us? Thank you.

Hi
ac918

My attorney is from New york ILTC and the standard fee is $1000.
The strange part is , so far I did not received any letter , But INS has sent the interview letter directly addressed to My attorney , further the letter mentions the pettitioner( me ) presence is required at the interview. Hence the attorney had no choice but to attend the Interview. !!!!
Strange .............But Thank GOD I am Glad and hope it is an advantage for me.

NJJ

Lets keep in touch please , m officer number is 2
MM

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi MM,

Congratulations and Good Luck to you.

S Mathew.

markmurali said:
Hello,

Hi NJJ

At Last I received the interview l after almost three months .
My interview is on Oct 22 at 2.00 pm
The Officer # is 1
GOOD LUCK NJJ

Thanks

MM

Hi, MM,

So your assigned officer is #2 too? Then that is the same officer assigned for me. I will let you know after the interview.

Here is a question for you. Have you ever checked that if your name check is cleared or not? I saw usually the most possible reason that we can not get our passport stamped is for the pending name check and I am trying to contact FBI to get my name check results, haven't got any responses from them so far.

Good luck

NJJ

markmurali said:
Hi
ac918

My attorney is from New york ILTC and the standard fee is $1000.
The strange part is , so far I did not received any letter , But INS has sent the interview letter directly addressed to My attorney , further the letter mentions the pettitioner( me ) presence is required at the interview. Hence the attorney had no choice but to attend the Interview. !!!!
Strange .............But Thank GOD I am Glad and hope it is an advantage for me.

NJJ

Lets keep in touch please , m officer number is 2
MM

Murali:

Thanks for your reply. did you say the interview letter indicated that your Atty should be present on the interview? That is really strange. Mine does not say who the officer is but it is indicated in the letter that the interview will be video taped. Is this normal for USCIS to do?

My lawyer is in CA so it would cost me a lot of money for him to come here but I know I need his presence in the interview. I have no choice.

Hello Guys

I have some gr8 news to share with you all...... Got my GC approved yesterday 09/29/04.....

Thanx to you all for sharing your experiences with me.... They had been a gr8 help to me..... Total Processing time is exactly 5 months 29 days....... from notice date of 485 to date of Stamping.....

OK coming to the interview exp :

Interview was scheduled at 9:30 AM.....

We have been there at 9:00 AM..... Exactly at 10:25 me and my wife were called by a white male Officer..

He has taken our fingerprints and signatures.... had ushered us to his cabin.... A real nice friendly guy.... Taken our oath....

Made his seated and asked me our passports, and started routine questions.... While I am answering, he was busy tearing I94s from our passports.....

Questions such as : Who is my employer ?
Where is the office located ?
Who are the clients ?
Does employer operate only in US or outside US?
Do U work at client's place everyday or visit your employer's office?
Asked my Employment letter (I was asked to bring in the interview letter)?
My Recent Pay stubs?
Later asked our personal questions . Like when we were married ? Do we have children ? Is it our first marriage ?
Where did I meet my wife first time ?
He repeated the same personal questions to my wife too ...

Last but not least, he has taken away our EAD's and said to us that they are no more of use because he is gonna stamp our passports for permanent resident.... and also told us that we will be receiving our physical card in next 6 to 8 weeks....

Overall it just took a matter of 5 minutes... but left us spellbound... it was really an overwhelming to me and my wife... Its a most memorable day in our life....

For your reference , my case details :

04/01/2004 I140&485 ND
04/16/2004 I140 RFE
04/29/2004 RFE replied
07/19/2004 140 Approved
07/19/2004 485 Transferred to Newark office
07/23/2004 EAD AD
07/28/2004 AP AD
08/18/2004 FP Notice received. Scheduled on 09/07
08/19/2004 received Interview Letter
09/07/2004 Given the FP
Same day received Finger Print results....
Website was updated too.........

09/29/2004 attended the interview and our passports duly stamped....

Regards
NJ_VIJ

Hi, NJ_VIJ,

Congratulations. It is really amazing, it just takes less than half of a year for you to get the green card.

Enjoy your freedom.

NJJ

Why in some cases like the above service centers will process green card within 6 months time and most of the people about 3+ years? How can we say they are consistent?

Transfer to Miami instead of WPB

wonderfulboy said:
Finally guys i got confirmation about the transferred 485 applications processing timings. What ever the timings are provided by district offices are only relevant for family based applications that are directly filed in local office. For transferred applications officially there is no date as such. The only way to know the status of the case is to talk to Immigration officer by fixing an appointment through Infopass. I really have no idea how much really congressman or senator can help.

I contacted the senator John Warner's office today morning, the lady who handles the immigration related issues said that we can only inquire with the district office only if we didn't receive any response after 6 months the case is transferred.

My case is transferred to washington dc office on 23rd september, 2004. It can take up to 6 months in the normal course of time for the interview to be scheduled. In some cases it might be in 1 -4 months time also.

All the people whose cases are transferred have to keep their spirit up and wait for the decision/interview letter thats all i can tell guys after researching from last 4-5 days extensively.

My case was transfer to Miami office, FL in June 2004 from TSC. It was suppose to be transferred to West Palm Beach Office, FL instead. I am not sure how long will it take to do the intermediate transfers between the two offices. How do I know where is my case now?

Al_aos said:
you will only be interviewd once.
If they dont have your medical , they will approve you but not stamp your passport but they ask you to submit a new medical.
Once they get that you will get an approval letter.
I am going to go by my attorneys advice.
and my interview is in the first week of october.

Hi. Al_aos. Did you finish your interview? Could you please share your interview experience with us? (Let me know about the medical examination.) Thanks a lot!!!!!!!

Any letter from Newark?

Hi, NJJ & MM,

Mine has been transfered to Newark from VSC on July 12, 2004. But I didn't hear anything yet from Newark or Cherry Hill. As you guys pointed out, my 485 could be sitting in Cherry Hill waiting for an interview to be scheduled. Did any of you receive any letter from Newark before you got the interview letter from Cherry Hill?

My 485 ND is 10/23/2002.

Thanks in advance.

NJJ said:
Hi, MM,

So your assigned officer is #2 too? Then that is the same officer assigned for me. I will let you know after the interview.

Here is a question for you. Have you ever checked that if your name check is cleared or not? I saw usually the most possible reason that we can not get our passport stamped is for the pending name check and I am trying to contact FBI to get my name check results, haven't got any responses from them so far.

Good luck

NJJ

Hi,nj_k,

No, I get nothing from Newark, just the interview notice from Cherry Hill.

Yours should be there soon.

NJJ

Hi, NJJ,
Thanks for the information. I will post any progress on my 485 here, hopefully soon.

-NJ_K