Newark local office transfer: tracker

NJJ said:
Hi,acc918,

Sorry I can't help on this issue since my case is NIW based and I have little experience about AC21 case. Is this one specifically requested in your interview notice?

Maybe you can try to raise this issue in other immigration related forums and see if you can get some answers there.

NJJ

Hi NJJ,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, this is not specifically requested in the interview notice but my lawyer said I should bring it to be sure. I'll try to post this in another forum to try to get some answers. Thanks for your time.

Local Transfer CASE APPROVED

Hello Everyone

Thank God ( Om Sai ) MY CASE has BEEN APPROVED

My interview was at Cherry Hill on 21 October 2004 at 2.00 pm ,The Officer (#1)was gentleman (white male), called our last names and introduced himself to us.

To begin with Finger print of Index Finger and specimen signature

Then Oath taking
. at officers cabin
The officer checked the following Documents.
- Passports
- Birth Certificates,
- Marriage certificates
- Original I 94 , But I had to produce the photo copy since I lost the original.
- SS cards
- Original Employment offer letter from Sponsor ( Mine is future employment).
- Tax Returns and pay stubs.
Questions asked

- Names , Family Names , Parents Names , Place of Birth, When was the last
entry to USA ( Lawful or illegal entry ).
- Profession.

Simlar questions were asked to my Wife.

Intresting point to note ( for wives - Wear traditional Indian dress ) this is an added advantage and it is the first impression with officer , matter of fact he complimented my wife on her dress . this was suggested by my friends and attorney.

Thats all , He informed us he is about to stamp the approval on the passports
and conveyed congratulations message,subsequently we Thanked him.

Thank everyone who has supported me with the info and I will be very glad to
furnish my experiance in detail if any one is seeking ,hence please do not hesitate to ask.
I wish good luck to every member of this web site.

MM

NJJ ...... I made it and thanks for ur support.

:) :) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, MM,

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy to hear the good news from you.

Enjoy your freedom and now you can really have a wonderful weekend.

NJJ

hi markmurali,

Congratulations first thing for getting the approval after the case got transferred to local office. Secondly i read in your message that your's is a future employment case. I need more information related to that.

What kind of documentation have you taken from the sponsoring employer? Employment letter supporting that he will provide job after the approval. Their recent tax returns (i know we include tax returns while filing 485)?

Did the immigration officer ask you why were you not working with the sponsoring employer till now? Did they ask you to join immediately with the sponsoring employer after the approval of GC? When immediately mean how much time 10 days, 1 month, 3months. How much is valid?

How are you handling this? Are you joining the sponsoring company immediately?

I am exactly in the same situation (future employment).

Hi

NJJ
---- Thanks for your wishes.

Wonderfulboy

Thanks for your wishes.
Regarding future employment

The company gave me letter , indicating that my position , nature of duties, salary p/a, Full time, permanent job and required immediatly.

The attorney brought the company current Tax returns in sealed envelopes as a stand by.
My attorney instructed me to join at the earliest and should work for the company for at least 6 months , this will enable ease of citizenship processing .
So I am planning to finish my work at the current employment where I am working on EAD ,subsequently join the future employment at the earliest and relocate ,since I am four hours away from the company.

Immigration officer did not raised the question of my current employment and when I am going to join the new firm.
Hope I answered your questions.
Good Luck
Thanks

MM

Hi markmurali,

Thank you very much you are really helpful. Do we need to take the lawyer along with us too for the interview? How much does it cost? Is it not too much money? Did that help you? I am just trying to assess whether we can do without the lawyer or not?

I am kind of relived by looking at your response that they didn't post much questions and queries for you though its a future employment case.

Hi MM,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad its all over...just wait for the card in a few weeks

mjr_jcnj

hi wonderfulboy,

By seeing the post of various members, I feel that the questions posed at the time of the interview are really unique to case by case basis even though cases are similar.

The uniqueness is due to the combination of Service centre, Immigration officer, Individual case details.

Let me know if you have seen otherwise??

Thanks
GlenMD

glenmd,

You sounded correct. It will be unique based on the officer, case and individual etc. But the behaviour will be mostly the same between different cases if their cases very similar in characteristics

please help

Hi mark Murali

Congratulation on your green card.

can you post a detail about your case. I mean to ask you Your I -140 was of which company. I mean your present or future employment company.

Please reply.

thanks
tunu

Finally My GC got approved and stamped after interview

Mine was AC21 case, in short

I-140 applied 02/2001 with Company A
laid-off from company A
joined some company B
I-140 got approved in 08/2001, applied I-485 with company A supporting letter saying that they are still have intention to take me back - 12/2001
joined company C (06/2002)
case transferred to Newark on 08/2003
interview not scheduled for long time, made lot of attempts still no use
Finally got scond finger print 09/2004
Interview at Newark on 10/21 yesterday went well (quite simple)

Middle aged white lady just took index finger print, signature, oath
Are You Wroking? Yes, That is good you have job
Since how long r u working with current employer? 2+
That is good, yours applied in 2001 that is fine (my attorney said he is excercising AC21)
Luckily she did not go thru too much details, took photos (new style)
And said she will be stamping passports
That is it

You can see lot of my postings with user name gc20011221 earlier in this thread.

This thread is very informative and helpful
Here we can get much better information than attorney
(My attorney prepared AC21 lengthy letter to submit, I told him not to submit that until asked by officer, so I have prepared simple current employment letter and submitted, officer was OK with that)

THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO PROVIDED INFO HERE

I will be more than happy to provide any info if you need

Thanks

transfer case

Hi Raman reddy,

Please could you post your details please.

what questions asked? what documents you prepared ?

Thanks

Tunu

Hello

mjr_jcnj

Thank you for ur wishes.

TUNU

Mine was future employment >>> Labor + 140+ 485 has been filed by the same company indicating Employment will be offered only after GC is approved ,because company is under expansion and recruit employees on permanent basis for long term and sensitive projects.

Wonderfulboy

- In my case having attorney was an added advantage the officer asked her
regarding my medicals , company Tax returns etc. presence of attorney
given me a lot of confidence.
- NO NEED OF A LAWYER If you are confident and have perfect docs.
- If the case is straight forward , the case will not be transfered to local
office , in my case my interview letter was addressed to my attorney
and asked her to accompany me , I applied under section I 245 because
my visa expired and I have Canadian Passport .
- My attorney charged me $ 1000 + transportation .
- My attorney did not took any chances , she organised all my documents
and prepared any missing ones , further she gave me details of
interveiw , fortunately the officer did not asked me anything in detail,
the whole interview lasted 12 minutes for me and my wife.

Further,I think Glenmd opinon is right to some extent to you in particular.

thanks

MM

My case transferred to Newark

My case has been transferred to Newark on Sep7,2004. I noticed that some people got their interviews scheduled already.

Is this normal, how long should I wait for my interview scheduling? Please advise.

Re: Tunu

Hello Tunu,

Questions asked:

1. What is the name of the company you are working for?
(submitted current employment letter)
2. How long you have been working with them? (I forgot to mention it in the employment letter)
3. Do you have to keep updating skills to current trends/technolgies? (general discussion)
4. Give your passwports, I-94s, photos in new style (remember they have changed photos style)
5. Stamped it and congratulated us

Regarding documentation, I have just followed some postings in this thread.
I have not prepared even all of them. There is lot of info on this thread. I think that is more than enough.

ramanareddy said:
Mine was AC21 case, in short

I-140 applied 02/2001 with Company A
laid-off from company A
joined some company B
I-140 got approved in 08/2001, applied I-485 with company A supporting letter saying that they are still have intention to take me back - 12/2001
joined company C (06/2002)
case transferred to Newark on 08/2003
interview not scheduled for long time, made lot of attempts still no use
Finally got scond finger print 09/2004
Interview at Newark on 10/21 yesterday went well (quite simple)

Middle aged white lady just took index finger print, signature, oath
Are You Wroking? Yes, That is good you have job
Since how long r u working with current employer? 2+
That is good, yours applied in 2001 that is fine (my attorney said he is excercising AC21)
Luckily she did not go thru too much details, took photos (new style)
And said she will be stamping passports
That is it

You can see lot of my postings with user name gc20011221 earlier in this thread.

This thread is very informative and helpful
Here we can get much better information than attorney
(My attorney prepared AC21 lengthy letter to submit, I told him not to submit that until asked by officer, so I have prepared simple current employment letter and submitted, officer was OK with that)

THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO PROVIDED INFO HERE

I will be more than happy to provide any info if you need

Thanks

Ramanareddy:

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I am also an AC21 case, If you don't mind, can you give me a list of all documents that you brought with you in the interview? You can send it to me via private message or my email.

Thank You!

Interview date question

Hi guys,
My case was transferred to Newark on 8/11/04 but I have still not received any interview notice. I live in Morris county so I expect a Newark office interview. Should I set up an infopass appointment? Does the discussion done there affect the outcome of the case?

My Details :
485 RD : Aug 02
2nd FP : June 04
3rd EAD: Aug 04

Thanks in advance

How long does it take to get interview after fingerprinting?

Hi

Even my wife's case transferred to Newark local office on 7/13. She got finger printing notice for 10/22 and so far have not heard anyting. How long does it take after finger printing to get called for interview?

Thanks,
Ataknev

Re.EWR

First of all, anyone with experience of receiving interview date after transfer, I would appreciate if they can post their:
1) Transfer Date
2) Interview Date

EWR,

I read somewhere in this post that it may be beneficial to get an infopass appointment and request for interview date. However, since my case was transferred on 9/7/2004, I shall wait until Dec/2004 and then make an appointment. I would suggest you wait until Nov and make an appointment. (since you were transferred in Aug).

Also, if you get any info regarding this please post it for our benefit.

Hopefully we all will get an interivew date within reasonable amount of time. I am glad our case is still not catching dust in Vermont, as I beleive their office is seriously understaffed, and to a great extent mismanaged.

Thanks.

Will Do

Riyaz404-t,

I'll keep you guys updated on my case.

I agree that it's nice that the case has been picked up at Vermont. But since the additional staff in a new building has been setup at VSC to clear 485 backlogs, its raining approvals. 12 months processing time is not unusual these days. It's just a feeling of being left way behind these guys.

Regards,
EWR