Newark local office transfer: tracker

glenmd said:
Hi acc918

Best of luck and everything will be fine.

BTW, what are the list of documents you are compiling....

Anyway I will not disturb you. But if you have time, please provide me the list. As my case is very similar to yours.

thanks
GlenMD

Hi GlenMD:

Pls look at the post of RamanaReddy just below your post. I think the documents are similar.

Good Luck to you too!

ramanareddy said:
1. AC21 letter represented By Attorney/You
(many samples are available in case if you do not have your attorney)
-- officer did not ask for it

2. Current Employment Letter stating salary, since how long with roles and responsilbilities same as in labour or just copy from AC21 letter which is any better to be prepared by attorney. Try some samples on rupnet
-- officer took the original

3. 3 years tax returns/W2s
-- officer took only recent one

4. latets pay-stubs
- officer took copies (latest 6)

5. Kids birth certificate
-- officer did not ask

6. Original Passports with copies
-- officer took originals not asked for copies

7. Birth Certificates (original + copies)
-- officer did not ask for them

8. Latest Bank statement (joint account with wife name on it), you can take
-- not asked for it

9. Marriage Certificate
office did not ask for it

10. All H1s with copies

11. All I-94s (the one in passport and all from H1s)
--- officer took all of them originals before stamping
12. All EADs, APs (officer took all of them)

13. Latest style photos: 2 (You must have to take them as they have changed style, my offcier was kind enough to ask us to take and come back if we do not have, but we already taken), I think these will be used in green cards

Offficer did not ask for most of them as they are all being submitted with I-485

Dear Ramanreddy:

Can you tell us your interview experience. What questions they asked? etc.

Thank you.

Guys are in long wait for interview (more than 3 months) can try this

Guys,

if anybody waiting for interview for long time, can write a letter to as described here. After 6-8 times of info pass walkin, I got this address fromsome lady, it seems this goes directly to supervisor. Try This and Best of Luck.

----Name (contact number ----

To
Sec: 245, 14th Floor
970 Broad Street
Newark
NJ – 07102

RE: I-485 employment based petition status for both me and my wife
Dear INS Officer,
Both my wife cases and mine have been transferred to Newark on xxxxxx.
After so many of my walk-in attempts and follow-ups, both of applications have been reached your office and ready to schedule appointment for interview and finger prints.
It has been long since we are waiting for Interview Schedule. Each time I visited I got same answer saying that interview will be scheduled soon. It has been almost all a year since my application has been transferred.
Our Finger Prints have been expired long time

Can you please schedule both Interview & Finger Prints.

Please contact me at your convenience should you need further clarification or information. Thank you again for your time and assistance.
NAme A# DOB

Please find latest Transfer Notices Attached

Thanks & Regards

transfer case

I was curious because normally case transferred to local office will be as follows : -

We transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in NEWARK, NJ for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in NEWARK, NJ will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

But for my case is stated as below : -

We transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in NEW YORK, NY for processing. Our office in NEW YORK, NY will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

My question is does any of your case received same message as mine and got approval without going for interview? I notice N.J. normally received interview letter faster than N.Y.

Please help.

RD 2/02
TD 6/04

future employement case

I think My case is complicated.
When I was working with company ' A' they filed labour but while it was pending I moved to Company 'B'
Company 'A' promised me that they continue green card. They are doing it.
But my case was transfered to newark on Sep 14 th and I received interview letter on Nov6th.
My interview is scheduled on Dec6th 2004.
They did not mention Officer name or number. They asked me to bring passport and I 94.
I need advice from you.
I want to know What are they going to ask me? What other documents I should carry. and who is going to interview me (Since they did not mention office number /name).

Anybody's case transferred before Sep7-2004

It seems lot of people whose cases got transferred before 9/7/2004 have already got interview notice? Are there any people on this forum like me who recd transfer notice prior to 9/7/2004 and are still waiting? Please respond and share your dates if possible.
Thank you and good luck

transfer

Mine was transferred on Aug 27th. Did 2nd FP onOct 5th.recieved one notice for Nov 9th FP.Dont know why.
fams

EXCELLENT SITE !!!!
THANKS TO ORGANIZERS OF THIS SITE

GOOD LUCK TO EVERY ONE

REGARDS

MM

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Markmurali for your approval.

We went to Newark office with an infopass on Tuseday morning at 8:30Am and we could speak to an IIO. She said our case in the process of scheduling an interview.We asked how long it would take and she said up to 6 months. We felt disheartened and submitted our change of address and came out.
I guess we need to just wait for the letter now.

Regards,
ataknev

Online status change after 2nd FP

Hi all,

For any of you folks whose case got transferred to local office and then had your 2nd FP, the online status changed to reflect the 2nd FP taken? If so, after how long?

My timeline is below-

I-485 ND: Jan 2003
1st FP: April 2003
Case transferred to Newark, NJ: Jul 1st, 2004
2nd FP: Oct 29th, 2004

My online status hasn't changed since Jul 1st, 2004.

Also, if we have to renew the EAD after transfer to the local office, we should apply at the local office, right? Can we mail it or should we go there in person? Anyone has any idea how long it takes at Newark for the EAD renewal?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Regs,
S Mathew.

Interview wait

Hi ataknev,

Would you please post your timeline?

S Mathew.

ataknev said:
Congrats Markmurali for your approval.

We went to Newark office with an infopass on Tuseday morning at 8:30Am and we could speak to an IIO. She said our case in the process of scheduling an interview.We asked how long it would take and she said up to 6 months. We felt disheartened and submitted our change of address and came out.
I guess we need to just wait for the letter now.

Regards,
ataknev

Here are the details:

RD - 03/2002
ND - 04/2002
FP1 - 6/2002
FP2 - 11/2003
TD - 6/15/2004 to Hartford
7/12/2004 to Newark
FP3 - 9/24/2004
Waiting for Interview

Ataknev

Xfer to Newark Office after FP2

Anyone whos 485 application got transferred to Newark after FP2 and getting RFE within last 2 mos.
Also post if you filed any change of address,AC21,inquiry,congressional inquiry to VSC before the transfer.
Any response would be appreciated....

Last edited by a moderator:
inquiries

I had made an enquiry with the Senator's office about 4 months back. They said it will be anothe 60-90 days. But that time has passed and nothings happening.
Good luck.

Thanks for sharing the info.

S Mathew.

ataknev said:
Here are the details:

RD - 03/2002
ND - 04/2002
FP1 - 6/2002
FP2 - 11/2003
TD - 6/15/2004 to Hartford
7/12/2004 to Newark
FP3 - 9/24/2004
Waiting for Interview

Ataknev

Jish,

Have you received any RFE after the transfer to Newark?

S Mathew.

jish said:
Anyone whos 485 application got transferred to Newark after FP2 and getting RFE within last 2 mos.
Also post if you filed any change of address,AC21,inquiry,congressional inquiry to VSC before the transfer.
Any response would be appreciated....

Mathew,
My case hasn't been transferred yet :cool: , but since it has been long that i submitted response to their RFE but didn't get approval yet. Just thinking whether VSC is going to xfer my case to Newark.
I was just checking , whether anyone's case got xferred to local offfice after FP2 and submitting RFE.

Got transfered after 1FP

Hi jish,

My case was transfer to Newark after I did my 1FP in sept. There was no change on status after FP for 7 weeks and then got email that case has been transfer.
Now I am waiting for interview.