Newark local office transfer: tracker

jish : your dates?

Jish,
can you please share your dates? RD, FP, FP2 etc.
jish said:
Mathew,
My case hasn't been transferred yet :cool: , but since it has been long that i submitted response to their RFE but didn't get approval yet. Just thinking whether VSC is going to xfer my case to Newark.
I was just checking , whether anyone's case got xferred to local offfice after FP2 and submitting RFE.

Hi

OM SAI

Greetings
Happy Diwali

Finally the journey is over ,Today I Received both Welcome Letter and my Green card ( plastic).

My case details
- I-485 Receipt date : 23 April 2003
- Transfer to local : 07 July 2004
- Interview Notice : 28 Sept 2004
- Interview date : Oct 21 2004
- 2nd Finger printing : Oct 15 th 2004

- Interview and Passport stamping date : Oct 21
- Approval Notice / Welcome letter : Nov 12
- Received the Green card : Nov 12

Thank Every one for their support and valuable information.

I Wish every transfer case outcome is like mine and good luck with your interviews

NJJ : what happened to your card have you received it ...

With Best Regards

mm

Last edited by a moderator:
Transfer

Can someone (actually everyone ) please take a guess at my approval/interview date??I'm going crazy here with no means whatsover of tracking my case, because of the transfer to Newark and I dont get any mail properly at my new address.Am at the mercy of my lawyer to track my case.I even did a 3rd FP on Nov 9th.
Fams
2nd FP Oct 5th

Can I interfere with an unfair pending derivative I485?

To anyone who can help me with advice,

I am a primary employment-based AOS applicant, (hopefully) approaching my approval. I've been married for 4 years, but my wife stopped living with me 2 years ago (unofficially separated). By now our marriage has completely degraded solely into her using me for a derivative AOS.

Recently, I filed for an uncontested divorce, based on 18-month separation. However, she hired a lawyer and using loopholes turned this filing into a contested one, with an intention of dragging this case for another year so that she can get her GC. I had to respond to this on-going nightmare by hiring a family attorney, which is very expensive and time consuming.

I find this extremely unfair, in addition to apparently being illegal. So, I've sent a few letters (to which I never got any response) - first to VSC, and after the transfer, also to Philadelphia USCIS, explaining the situation and requesting to withdraw/cancel the spouse's derivative application, because our bona-fide marital relationship ceased to exist long time ago.

Here are my questions:

1. Does my complaint warrant for her I485 being revoked or not approved?
2. Are (unanswered) letters to USCIS a proper mechanism to achieve justice in this case? Are there any other venues to prevent this abuse?
3. Since "USCIS = one big mess", if her GC is approved, can it be revoked based on an official divorce a few months later?
4. Any other suggestions on what I should do?

Thank you in advance for all your help,

RNJ

P.S. I don't provide all personal details here, but trust me it was absolutely devastating to realize at one point that all premarital promises were a part of manipulation in order to relocate and settle in the US.

------------
Concurrent I140/I485 EB2
RD: 3/18/03
FP1-RD: 2/18/04
140-AD: 3/25/04
TD: 10/26/04 (my485: VSC->Nwrk; spouse485: VSC->Philadelphia)
11/10/04: Complaint letter to Philadelphia
Current Status: waiting for interview, name check not cleared

Re.Can I interfere with an unfair pending derivative I485?

Dude, pardon me, but you should concentrate on getting your GC, and not worry about tampering with your ex-wife's application. Its BCICS's job to ensure that the marriage is still valid. Besides, how do you stand to gain if she did not get a GC and you did? I believe, if because of you someone else gets a GC too (even if you are no longer together), its a good deed. Do it, and God will bless you!

Sorry dude, again pardon me for providing you with unsolicitated advice in this matter.

Let's keep our eyes on the ball.

Riyaz404-t,

riyaz404-t said:
Dude, pardon me, but you should concentrate on getting your GC, and not worry about tampering with your ex-wife's application. Its BCICS's job to ensure that the marriage is still valid. Besides, how do you stand to gain if she did not get a GC and you did?

I was forced to pay thousands of dollars to my divorce attorney to fight her attorney's attempts to obstruct the divorce. Do I have a right after 2 years of separation to remarry and have children? I believe I do. When her I485 is officially canceled, she will give up and let us both go our ways without wasting thousands of dollars on attorneys.

riyaz404-t said:
I believe, if because of you someone else gets a GC too (even if you are no longer together), its a good deed. Do it, and God will bless you!
Sorry dude, again pardon me for providing you with unsolicitated advice in this matter.
Let's keep our eyes on the ball.

Not sure about God, but that would be definitely unfair to all hardworking, honest immigrants who do not use fraud and do not screw other peoples' lives to obtain permanent residency.

Thank you for your feedback,

RNJ

Congrats!!

Hi Markmurali,

Congrats!

My Interview Is Next Week, Pl. Share Yr Experience & Any Valuable Tips.

Dom

Dom,
While he can explain his experience, could you kindly share your dates with us? RD, TD, Interview Notice Date and Interview date? Also did they ask you to get fresh medical documents?

Thanks and good luck to you and all others.

DOM2004 said:
My Interview Is Next Week, Pl. Share Yr Experience & Any Valuable Tips.

Dom

Congratulations MM

Hi MM,
Congratulations, this is a wonderful news that you received your card, enjoy it !!!

I finally got the interview appointment notice from Cherry Hill, it is in the end of December.

Folks,
Anyone can advise on the current employment letter contents? any samples that I can look at? I don't know if my employer will let me have some input into it, but I'm just hoping to be able to make comments and request for modifications if I can.

Thanks!

riyaz404-t said:
Jish,
can you please share your dates? RD, FP, FP2 etc.

hi,
RD : 03/28/03
ND : 04/07/03
FP1 : 05/22/03
FP2 : 09/17/04
RFE recd by USCIS : 10/14/04
LUD : 10/14,10/15,10/19,10/21

Approval/RFE/NOID/Transfer to local office ... :confused: A zillion $ question...

I-751 at Newark

This is an excellent site, thank you to those who participate and manage it.

I had filed for immigration based on marriage. I got my first interview in April 2001 and was approved. Got my Greencard in July 2002 which expired in April 2003. I filed for the I751 (removal of conditional residential status) in April 2003 and in July 2004 I got a letter from Vermont telling me that case has been forwarded to the local District Office and I have to wait until they schedule an Interview. My local Office is Newark New Jersey. Come November, I still haven't gotten that interview letter so I went to see them at Newark and they basically told me to just wait. No matter how much inquired, the lady wouldn't tell me how much longer this will take. Anyone have any idea how long before I will get an interview call? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Wind Walker

quesstimates.. and actuals --let's keep the dates rolling in

I guess maybe 4 months. Atleast I am hoping it will be over in 4 months from date of transfer in case of I-485 cases. Yours looks slightly different, so you might want to check it in that particular thread.
Wind Walker said:
This is an excellent site, thank you to those who participate and manage it.

I had filed for immigration based on marriage. I got my first interview in April 2001 and was approved. Got my Greencard in July 2002 which expired in April 2003. I filed for the I751 (removal of conditional residential status) in April 2003 and in July 2004 I got a letter from Vermont telling me that case has been forwarded to the local District Office and I have to wait until they schedule an Interview. My local Office is Newark New Jersey. Come November, I still haven't gotten that interview letter so I went to see them at Newark and they basically told me to just wait. No matter how much inquired, the lady wouldn't tell me how much longer this will take. Anyone have any idea how long before I will get an interview call? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Wind Walker

Bring Food at interview

Hello Guys!

Are we allowed to bring food in the interview? or even water? I know it is going to be a long wait and I have 2 kids with me.

thanks!

FP update

My wife's record was updated today with the following info:

On November 16, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

I am the primary applicant. My record was not updated although both me and my wife went together for the finger printing last week. How long after the finger printing should we expect a call for the interview?

Concurrent Filing
I140/I485 RD 02/2003
1st FP - 03/2003
I140 AD 11/2003
I485 transferred from Vermont to Newark - 07/15/2004
2nd FP - 11/9/2004
Waiting for Interview

Very strange status change message

Folks, my case was transferred to newark on 9/7/2004 for an interview. What would you expect the next status message after update would read: Your are scheduled for an interview, right? Or if I was too lucky, it would say you are approved. Or worst case I am transferred to some other office.

Instead of all that, it says:

On November 17, 2004, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

What does this mean and has it happened to anyone else? Am I back in the line with other guys who sent out their 485 applications to Vermont or Newark just today?

riyaz404-t said:
Dom,
While he can explain his experience, could you kindly share your dates with us? RD, TD, Interview Notice Date and Interview date? Also did they ask you to get fresh medical documents?

Thanks and good luck to you and all others.

My details:

RD : 02/28/03
ND : 04/22/03
FP1 : 05/22/03
FP2 : 08/20/04
Case Transferred :7/15/04

cheers,

msg

riyaz404-t said:
Folks, my case was transferred to newark on 9/7/2004 for an interview. What would you expect the next status message after update would read: Your are scheduled for an interview, right? Or if I was too lucky, it would say you are approved. Or worst case I am transferred to some other office.

Instead of all that, it says:

On November 17, 2004, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received here for processing. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

What does this mean and has it happened to anyone else? Am I back in the line with other guys who sent out their 485 applications to Vermont or Newark just today?

riyaz,
I wd think the msg per se doesnt mean anything -only that some bloke has seen your file -which is good.It means it is not gathering dust .I wd see it positively,
fams

Hi

DOM2004

Thank you ....
Regarding my interview details at cherry hill , please refer Page # 42 thread and # 622.

MAMADHU

Thank you .

Good Luck for both of you and others as well.

MM

My Case has been Transfered to Newark Office

Guys

My case has been transfered to Newark,NJ office on 11/7/2004. I dont know how long I have to wait for the interview letter. If anyone knows, Please let me know. I dont know this is good sign or not.

I am worried little bit. :(

ND I-485 09/30/2003
I-140 Approved 09/03/2004(After RFE)
FP1 10/16/2004
11/17/2004 Transfered to Newark, NJ