Newark local office transfer: tracker

At Last!!! Approved!

glenmd said:
Best of luck acc918

thanks
GlenMD

GlenMD:

Thank you. It was a very good morning for me and my family. After the interview, our passports got stamped except for my wife though. The Officer said that her security check is still pending. She also said to wait for 2-3 months for her.

Anyway, the officer did not ask for our new pictures,,isn't it they already changed the picture requirement?

Thanks!

hi acc918

Congrats!!!!

can you please provide us all the questions they have asked for ???

what are the documents did you take to the interview.

how was the interview.

we are eagerly waiting for that. Can you please provide the questions.

thanks
satish

Interview Experience

glenmd said:
hi acc918

Congrats!!!!

can you please provide us all the questions they have asked for ???

what are the documents did you take to the interview.

how was the interview.

we are eagerly waiting for that. Can you please provide the questions.

thanks
satish

GlenMD:

Thanks. I'm sorry I was not able to answer back quickly. I was so tired yesterday. Just had 2 hrs of sleep.
Anyway, the interview was very good. We got there around 8:00am but our interview is at 9am. We went with our lawyer and it helped because they did not even ask for our appointments when they talked to the lawyer.

Around 9:15am, we were called in by an hispanic lady officer, she looked very strict but she was very nice. Asked us to sign the white form and index fingerprint then we went to her work station. There was not enough chairs for all of us so my lawyer had to get one in another room.

Then, we were sworn-in. and she asked the ff questions:

1) Where I am working
2) Address of the company & Tel no.
3) What is my position in this company
4) How much is your salary
5) Is this the company that sponsored you. I said NO.
6) Who is he company that sponsored you.
7) Did you work for them. I said yes
8) How long did you work for the sponsor? I said 3 yrs.
9) What was your position there.
10) How many times you've been married
11) How many children you have. Give their names

And then she started asking questions on if I was ever arrested, affiliation with any communist party, trouble with the law, trouble with INS.

Documents she asked for:

1) Employment letter
2) ITR's for me and my wife ( she only took the IRS transcript that I have)
3) Pay- stubs for me and my wife. For my wife she did not keep a copy.
4) She asked for the medical but my lawyer said we did not do a new one and
the old one should be in the file. She said ok.

That's it. The interview lasted only for 15 mins. I am just wondering now how long it would take to get the security clearance for my wife. Do you have any idea? Also, she did not take the new pictures that we have. She used the old ones on file. Am I going to have any problem with the picture for the greencard?

congrats acc918

Hi ACC918,

Your case looks like AC21.
Did you ever send them AC21 letter for change of intent. Or you did this on the spot. more description on this subject and your dialog exchange will help a lot of people like me.

thanks

clueless_2 said:
Hi ACC918,

Your case looks like AC21.
Did you ever send them AC21 letter for change of intent. Or you did this on the spot. more description on this subject and your dialog exchange will help a lot of people like me.

thanks

No i did not send them AC21 letter. I only sent them the AC21 letter when I filed the Motion to Reopen.

I-485 transfer to Newark,NJ

Hi,

I received following email from USCIS,

" On November 12, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register
Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in NEWARK, NJ for
them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take
several months. Our office in NEWARK, NJ will notify you when they schedule
your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further
information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800)
375-5283. "

can you please throw some light how long does NEwark,NJ takes for scheduling for Interview at present?

Thank you in advance

Hi acc918

that was really great to hear that your case is approved. You will get your wife case approved too.. that is just a matter of time.

Congrats!!!!

thanks
GlenMD

Hi VidyagKudva

Would you please share your 485 Receipt date?

My case also has been transfered to Newark,NJ office on 11/7/2004. I dont know how long I have to wait for the interview letter.

ND I-485 09/30/2003
I-140 Approved 09/03/2004(After RFE)
FP1 10/16/2004
11/17/2004 Transfered to Newark, NJ

my experience so far:
mine was transferred to newark on 9/7/2004. On 11/17/2004, they changed the message to, "we have received your case here. it will take between 365 days to 540 to arrive at a decision.."

So first they transferred the case, and after 2 months, acknowledge receipt (i suppose here means newark). Now they can take another 12-18 months.

I have noticed people getting interview dates within 2 months though. Some others like me are waiting for longer and probably will wait for a bit longer...

(my rd for 485 is 2/25/02)
ED_GC said:
Hi VidyagKudva

Would you please share your 485 Receipt date?

My case also has been transfered to Newark,NJ office on 11/7/2004. I dont know how long I have to wait for the interview letter.

ND I-485 09/30/2003
I-140 Approved 09/03/2004(After RFE)
FP1 10/16/2004
11/17/2004 Transfered to Newark, NJ

Riyaz404-t, ED_GC, VidyagKudva, and All Similar,

Guys, my 485 was rcvd by VSC on 4/14/03, xferred to Nwrk for interview on 10/26/04.

I am also very anxious about when they are going to schedule my interview, so everyone with xfer date of July/Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov of 2003 let's please stay in touch and share all information and experiences. It seems that Newark was under 2 months, but it appears they've been slowing down recently - am I right?

Btw, recent Infopass revealed uncompleted (since Sept 03) namecheck, so I am bugging FBI now...

Regards,

RNJ

485 Case transfered

Guys
Are they gonna send out the interview letter based upon the Labor PD or I-1485 PD? I heard nowadays newark is taking 4-5 months for sending the interview letter. is it true? Any Ideas

riaz,

Did you receive any transfer letter from Newark office about your case has been transfered to newark from vermont center?.

glenmd said:
Hi acc918

that was really great to hear that your case is approved. You will get your wife case approved too.. that is just a matter of time.

Congrats!!!!

thanks
GlenMD

Thank you GlenMD.

Approved atlast

I am very relieved , now waiting for the card. MM got in a month so hoping for the same here.

All the best for everyone in the queue!!

DOM2004 said:
I am very relieved , now waiting for the card. MM got in a month so hoping for the same here.

All the best for everyone in the queue!!

Congratulations!!!!

Approved. Will the On-line message change to say this?

Hello Everybody. Does anyone know if you are approved after the interview in Newark, will your on-line message change to state the approval. Mine still say Transfer to LA. It has already been transferred to Newark and interviewed and approved and passport stamped but no on-line message change.

Also, I went to Social Security to change my card a day after the interview but they say they cannot change the card because their system is not showing that I was approved for permanent resident. Is this normal?

Thanks!