Newark local office transfer: tracker

My case has been transferred to Newark office on Nov 22nd.

Do we need to take the lawyer to the Newark office at the time of interview?

Thanks in advance,

Does any one has recently recd interview notice from Newark - NJ

ush_bha

------------
RD 06/02
TD 09/27

surika said:
My case has been transferred to Newark office on Nov 22nd.

Do we need to take the lawyer to the Newark office at the time of interview?

Thanks in advance,

Surika

I dont think so you have to take your lawyer along with you when you are going for an interview. Would you please share your RD for your 485.

lawyer for interview

ED_GC said:
Surika

I dont think so you have to take your lawyer along with you when you are going for an interview. Would you please share your RD for your 485.

One friend took his lawyer for the interview.
Accoriding to him it was not necessary, but if possible one should take no chances and take a lawyer.

Hi, Elim and all friends:

1) I was informed our I485 were just transferred to Newark last month and also got unusual message as Elim described following. Please advise why.

2) I did my 2rd FP 5 month ago and my spouse hasn't done her 2rd FP yet. Will Newark office send FP notice or we can ask some place to send FP notice?

3) Do we need a lawyer for the possible interview because I have arrest record? Although the arrested case was unconditional dismissed, no any charges or fines. If a lawyer is required, please recommend a good one in NJ.

Thanks ahead.

elim said:
I was curious because normally case transferred to local office will be as follows : -

We transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in NEWARK, NJ for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in NEWARK, NJ will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

But for my case is stated as below : -

We transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in NEW YORK, NY for processing. Our office in NEW YORK, NY will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

My question is does any of your case received same message as mine and got approval without going for interview? I notice N.J. normally received interview letter faster than N.Y.

Please help.

RD 2/02
TD 6/04

need info..

dear friends,
what is the exact procedure after the case has been transffered? do the local office give send us the letter for the interview? and how long it takes between transfer and interview? can we call the local office and schedual the interview?
thanks.
rbv

HI RBV
rbv said:
dear friends,
what is the exact procedure after the case has been transffered?
do the local office give send us the letter for the interview? ==YES
and how long it takes between transfer and interview? ===DEPENDS SOONER IF U R LUCKY
can we call the local office and schedual the interview? ====NO
thanks.
rbv

Received Welcome Notice

Today, I received the welcome notices for me and my two kids. No approval yet for my wife (pending name check) :(

It's funny because they sent 2 welcome notices for each one of us.

Plastic Cards Received

:) Today, one day after receiving the welcome letters, we received the plastic cards!!!!

Hi acc918,

I forgot to ask you. can you please answer this??

Did the IIO ask the reasons from you when you had gone to the interview, why your old employer try to revoke approved I-140.

Also did they ask for the financial status of your current company.

By chance did you get an chance for the reason for transfering the case.

I am still waiting for the interview notice.

thanks a lot

GlenMD

glenmd said:
Hi acc918,

I forgot to ask you. can you please answer this??

Did the IIO ask the reasons from you when you had gone to the interview, why your old employer try to revoke approved I-140.

No. she did not.

Also did they ask for the financial status of your current company.

No. Although I have 3 yrs ITR with me. She only asked for employment letter. and asked my salary and job description.

By chance did you get an chance for the reason for transfering the case.

No. but i think it is because of AC21. they just want to verify that I am currently working.

I am still waiting for the interview notice.

thanks a lot

GlenMD

hi

I got stamped on dec 6th after interview at newark local office

questions:
------------
name,address, are you in legal status
company name address ,salary,previous addresses,

Transferred to Newark today

My case is transferred is Newark office today. My details are in my signature.

Looks like it is taking minimum of 2+ months for getting the interview call, and 3-5 months in most of the cases.

Does anyone know what is common between people who are waiting for more than 3 months. Does it depend on how complicated the case is(Change of employer..etc..)

Is there is a tracker in this forum to track Newark office transfers

Thanks in advance

Hi PATPAT

Transfered To Newark On Sep 14th
Got The Letter From Local Office On Nov 4th
Interview Scheduled Dec6th.

gkrishna99,
Did you change your employer while your I-485 is pending? Did you change your address.

By the way do you need to take a infopass appointment once you get letter from local office for interview?

Thanks in advance.

I did change the address while it was pending .
We do not need to take info appointment. the interview letter is sufficient.

Hi gkrishna999,
Congratulation on your success. :)

Was your case a AC21 or straight forword.
what were the question asked and what were the documents requested in the interview letter ?

More detailed answers will certainly help.

thanks

patpat said:
My case is transferred is Newark office today. My details are in my signature.

Looks like it is taking minimum of 2+ months for getting the interview call, and 3-5 months in most of the cases.

Does anyone know what is common between people who are waiting for more than 3 months. Does it depend on how complicated the case is(Change of employer..etc..)

Is there is a tracker in this forum to track Newark office transfers

Thanks in advance

I am also looking for the answers. Experts pls let us know.

-------
Labor PD (08/01/2001)
140/485 ND(09/30/2003)
140 AD (09/03/2004)
485 TD (11/17/2004)
485 AD ..? :(