Newark local office transfer: tracker

Ask phone number of Newark local office?

My case has been transfered to Newark local office on Dec. 6, but the phone number shown on the notice is 612 854 7754. This number is the number of Minnesota local office. Did anybody has the same situation? I also tried the number of 973 645 4400, but it has been disconnected. Does anybody know the correct number? Thanks.

hi,
My case is transfered to Newark on Dec 7, 2004 and my priority date is march 25 2002. I think all pending application will freeze due to the changes in priority date. So what will happen to our case?

freeze???

joeshibs said:
hi,
My case is transfered to Newark on Dec 7, 2004 and my priority date is march 25 2002. I think all pending application will freeze due to the changes in priority date. So what will happen to our case?
Since you are so close to priority date, if I were you I wouldn't worry too much. All the best.

Please for the benefit of others and me, could you share your 485 RD and any other relevant dates please?

Has anyone received transfer letters from Vermont after the online message changed showing "Case Transferred to Newark, NJ for interview"?

I received a letter today from INS, Vermont. Is this normal?

My PD: May 2001 and Future employment. So, would I get interview shortly?

I dont think so

riyaz404-t said:
Since you are so close to priority date, if I were you I wouldn't worry too much. All the best.

Please for the benefit of others and me, could you share your 485 RD and any other relevant dates please?

There is one article in murthy.com in regard to the priority date which states that they may further make retrogression in the future months.

My 485 RD Mar 11 2003.

Joeshibs

joeshibs said:
hi,
---only files with EB3 and PD after 1 jan 2002( India , china, Phil, born) will freeze your PD is march 25 2002, not to worry much the PD movement after feb will show how it is moving, apply your EAD AP on time or maintain H1 status

Guys

I received an interview letter for my I-131 document from Newark office yesterday.

Actually my 485 case was transfered to newark on nov 17th and
131 was transfered to newark on nov 30th.

Basically they ask me to bring these are the docs for the interview

Proof of identity,two photographs,passports,all BSCIS docs, proof of residency in USA, Proof of visited outside USA, All foriegn documents

I already sent all the doc with photographs along with my 131 application when I applied for my 131 on november 16th. I really don't know why they are asking again.

Does this related to my I-485? or Do I have to go for an 485 interview again?

Experts please answer my questions.

Thx

Want GC Soon said:
Has anyone received transfer letters from Vermont after the online message changed showing "Case Transferred to Newark, NJ for interview"?

I received a letter today from INS, Vermont. Is this normal?

My PD: May 2001 and Future employment. So, would I get interview shortly?

I didn't receive any transfer letter from INS buddy. I really don't know did they transfer my case or not my case was transfered on November 17th.

Want GC Soon,
I haven't received any letter from vermont rgding my transfer yet. My case was transferred 10 days ago. I changed my address a month ago, when my case was still in vermont. I haven't received any confirmation letter from them either.

Friends,
Any of you whose case has been transferred to Newark a month ago, did you happen to receive any letter abt it?

Updated Excel with priority Date

I have updated the Excel with priority date. Once the dates retrogess after from Jan 1 2005, we'll know whether Newark would process cases with PD > 01/01/2002.

Could you guys update with your priority dates.

patpat said:
Want GC Soon,
I haven't received any letter from vermont rgding my transfer yet. My case was transferred 10 days ago. I changed my address a month ago, when my case was still in vermont. I haven't received any confirmation letter from them either.

Friends,
Any of you whose case has been transferred to Newark a month ago, did you happen to receive any letter abt it?

I received a letter from Vermont yesterday that the case has been transferred to Newark and my preliminary processing is complete and should wait for the interview from Newark. Is this a good sign? My PD is May 2001.

Did anyone in this transferred forum got the letter from vermont that the case has been transferred? Update pls.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got notice letter, too.

I received the notice letter from Vermont saying my case has been transferred to Newark :eek: . My preliminary process has completed and local office will notify for interview schedule. But the phone number it provided is wrong. The area code is 612 rather 973 ( see my previous post) :mad: . Please let me know your phone number on your letter. My transfer date is on Dec. 8, 2004. I have no PD. My case is EB1.

Do we get an email when the interview is scheduled as well...

I got the Email when my case got transferred to newark and also a Snail Mail for the same.

Do we get an email when the interview is scheduled from newark...
does the lawyer get a copy of the interview schedule from newark when that happens.

485 - Sept02
Transfer Date: Oct16 2004
Interview is not yet scheduled.
City=Hackensack (Bergen County) - so i think it is Newark and not cherry hill.

Could you tell your number?

Want GC Soon said:
The number posted was 973 as well. Did you meet up with an immigration officer in Newark?

Hi, Want GC Soon, you mean your phone number on your letter is 973 645 4400. The phone number on my letter from VSC is 612 854 7754, although it said my case has been transferred to Newark. I called 973-645-4400, but it was said the number has been disconnected. Did you try it? If your number is different, could you tell me yours? Thank you. I didn't meet with any officer. I am just waiting for my letter from Newark.

I have the same 973 number but it has been disconnected. I dont know why INS wants to publish a wrong number when they know its not working.. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
How can we contact Newark office?

Want GC Soon said:
I have the same 973 number but it has been disconnected. I dont know why INS wants to publish a wrong number when they know its now working.. :confused:

Want GC Soon, thank you for your response. Yes, they gave you a correct number, but disconnected. Mine is the number for other office (Minnesota). I am worrying they sent my file to that office. Is it possible that my file has been transferred to Minnesota? I want to contact them, but how to contact them now? :confused: Does anybody know the correct number? I very appreciate if you can tell me.

Hi,
There is an option to take appointment at local office in the website of uscis.gov. There is a link 'Infopass appiontment scheduler' in the right hand side. We can talk with the immigration officer and they will check the status of our transferred case.