Newark local office transfer: tracker

Hi,

It seems the Newark office does not issue infopass for such appointments. Does any one have such experience before? Have they scheduled appointment to obtain case status and schedule interviews?

Thanks,
Ataknev

We went all the way to Newark office to speak to an IIO and they blatantly said they are not going to allow us without infopass. Even when I said it is not available they said try hard to get it.
Disgusted I came back nd tried to get the infopass-to my surprise I got it for 11/9.

Thanks,
ataknev

AC-21 Docs: what to do ?

My on line case status shows that my case has been transferred to Newark local office.
I was planning to send AC-21 documentation to Vermont in few days.

Should I wait to get interview and show AC-21 documents over there?
Or send them now. And also where should I send my docs to local office or Vermont.

Thanks

ac 21 docs

First off, othes who have experience please respond to his AC21 question regarding Vermont or Local office.

My cents follows:
You have a perfect excuse to meet an IIO at Newark through InfoPass. Since your question is complicated, only an experienced lawyer or IIO can address that concern. So using that reason, you can meet one IIO. At the same time, you can also request if they can provide you with an Interview date.

case Transferred to Newark Local office

Guys,
Need ur help. Our cases have been tranferred to local office, Newark, NJ.
Any idea, What's the wait time and what all documents we need for the Interview.
If approved, What are the chances that our passport will be stamped on the same day?
One more thing, My wife and daughter are in India now, expected to come back in Jan-Feb 2005.
What are the chances of us getting interview before Feb, 2005

Thanks in advance

FP on Saturday??

My case is transfered to newark office.

I got letter for FP appointment for 11/06 @ 12 noon.

Is any one aware of FP done on Sat??

Is this error ??

Hi acc918

Best of luck for your interview,

If i remember correctly, your interview date is Nov 8th.

thanks
GlenMD

Samoak,

The FP office at Newark is also open on Saturday. You need to be there about 15 minutes before the appointment. Let us know how it goes and when you get your interview appointment.

Thanks,
ataknev

Children and interview

My 485 case (ND: 03/31/2003) is transferred to Newark center.
The online message says

On November 2, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in NEWARK, NJ for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in NEWARK, NJ will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Does anyone know when we can expect mail for interview schefule?

Can anyone advise if children (ages 12 and 8) need to go to interview?
If not, what documents for them we should take for interview?

markmurali/ataknev

My case was transferred on Jul 28th I haven't heard anything about interview yet.

Is there any way that I request to schedule interview when I am in Office fir FP ??

Any one has done that in past ?

Interview scheduled

I got the interview letter today. That makes it just short of 3 months from having the case transferred. Interview is another month away.

Samoak,

There is no way to request for interview when you are for FP. These two are two different offices. I beileve the FP is done on a contracting basis for USCIS.
You could take an infopass and try and meet a Immigration Officer for finding about the interview. If you get service not available while trying to take infopass try several times and you might succeed.

Please do let us know the status,

ataknev

undefined
glenmd said:
Hi acc918

Best of luck for your interview,

If i remember correctly, your interview date is Nov 8th.

thanks
GlenMD

Hi GlenMD,

Thanks. My interview is on Nov.18 not 8th. I'm busy preparing the documents for the interview. It's really nerve racking. I hope for a positive outcome in the interview.

Hi acc918

Best of luck and everything will be fine.

BTW, what are the list of documents you are compiling....

Anyway I will not disturb you. But if you have time, please provide me the list. As my case is very similar to yours.

thanks
GlenMD

EAD Renewal and AP renewal

Is it true that these two applications need to be filed in Local office if the case was transferred?

Niw

NIW, 140 approved in Feb, 19, 2003.

485 RD: March, 7, 2003
485 ND: March, 26, 2003
FP1: April, 28, 2003
FP2: Sept,14,2004
TD: Nov, 3, 2004

Contacted NJ Senator (Frank) on Oct, 22, 2004 and was told that case with IIO, will hear from them in 60-90 days. Didn't give up. I then contacted congressman again and was told that VSC is processing May,2002 case ( they mistakening NSC for VSC). I faxed back a letter explaining to them the mistake but never hear back from them again. Lawyer also sent out an inquiry letter on Oct,22,2004, but never heard anything back.

I also called NSC and initiated a case inquiry on Oct,22, 2004.

One of the actions has to have worked. Otherwise, my case would still be sitting there collecting dust.

Folks, one question, also Newark should be pretty quick, I still see lots lots of guy on transfer board who have been waiting for more than three months without hearing anything from Newark. Anyone can tell me how long it will take to get an interview? thank you very much.

riyaz404-t said:
Is it true that these two applications need to be filed in Local office if the case was transferred?
---YES and write on cover letter that file is with them and got trasfred on ..... from service center......

Documents Prepared for Interview

1. AC21 letter represented By Attorney/You
(many samples are available in case if you do not have your attorney)
-- officer did not ask for it

2. Current Employment Letter stating salary, since how long with roles and responsilbilities same as in labour or just copy from AC21 letter which is any better to be prepared by attorney. Try some samples on rupnet
-- officer took the original

3. 3 years tax returns/W2s
-- officer took only recent one

4. latets pay-stubs
- officer took copies (latest 6)

5. Kids birth certificate
-- officer did not ask

6. Original Passports with copies
-- officer took originals not asked for copies

7. Birth Certificates (original + copies)
-- officer did not ask for them

8. Latest Bank statement (joint account with wife name on it), you can take
-- not asked for it

9. Marriage Certificate
office did not ask for it

10. All H1s with copies

11. All I-94s (the one in passport and all from H1s)
--- officer took all of them originals before stamping
12. All EADs, APs (officer took all of them)

13. Latest style photos: 2 (You must have to take them as they have changed style, my offcier was kind enough to ask us to take and come back if we do not have, but we already taken), I think these will be used in green cards

Offficer did not ask for most of them as they are all being submitted with I-485