Newark local office transfer: tracker

Shabkap,
At least you are lucky to get transferred at this stage.
Had they transferred after one month, you would have ran against time as I see that you FP is going to expire in March 2004 . you may get interview by January'2004
end or feb 1st week and you can be more certain now than with VSC.

-rajum

Last edited by a moderator:
When I talked about finger print expiration and redoing finger prints with a guy who is holding H-1 for close to 6 years and may have an interest in jumping into green card application, his response is " Why do finger prints expire? Do people's finger prints change with time ? Why cannot FBI use old finger prints ?"

I found myself in a stuck in answering his good question, because I never thought about it before.

Do people's finger prints change with time ? Why cannot FBI use old finger prints ?

Apparently, INS doesn't store fingerprints on their records for longer than 15 months. Otherwise, they can check with FBI anytime with previously taken fingerprints.

If FBI still keeps finger prints older than 15 months, why don't CIS just provide FBI with applicants' A#, name, DOB, case number, etc electronically to ask it to run new reports any time either of the two agencies want to, using its already collected finger prints, rather than bringing applicants in physically for second finger prints?

If FBI still keeps finger prints older than 15 months, ....

FBI doesn't keep fingerprints of everybody. They keep fingerprints of criminals, or those with such backgrounds, and security clearance holders only. They simply compare fingerprints that are given to them (here, by INS) with their database to see if match exists.

Then why shouldn't the BCIS keep applicants' fingerprints for at least as long as the I-485 processing takes to feed FBI any time they consider necessary? BCIS does not have enough storge space or it just wants to grab fingerprint fee of $50 ? There used to be no fingerprint fee but I saw new fingerprint notice listing that amount of fee.

Then why shouldn't the BCIS keep applicants' fingerprints for at least as long as the I-485 processing takes to feed FBI any time they consider necessary?

Good question for BCIS. I wish they would.

Shabkap!!!

Shabkap,

I am also waiting for interview letter
transferred on August 21st
I am the ulucky one it took long time
Usually they send interview letter in a month or two
I visited NEWARAK office on 3rd month, they said my file was not at all touched and they kept some where where they store files and will send request to move file and will get interview letter in a month.

I inform you to visit them after two months if you do not get interview letter ...
Go thru all posts in this thread ...you will find enough info needed

transferred on 12/8

3 days after filing my EAD extension which expires on feb 4,04, my file was transferred on 12/8/03 after responding to the RFE - employment letter. I've changed employer. Attorney said it could have resulted the transfer because of my changing job...???

Just my bad luck...I do hope to get my EAD extension before it expires...

Waiting for interview to be scheduled...hopefully it will be less than 2 months!

2nd FP Notice after Transfer

Yesterday I got a notice for 2nd FP on 12/30/03. Whats going on ? Really cant understand. Isnt FP valid for 15 months ??? Also , my wife did not get a notice and we had done the first one together. I was hoping to get Interview date in couple of months atleast since my FP would have expired in Mar '04 (this would trigger it), but that hope is gone too.

1st FP :- 12/17/02
TD :- 11/25/03
:( :(

TO: Shabkap

You'd better respond to the 2nd fingerprint notice. My wife got her second fingerprint notice 2 weeks after her and my cases got transftered to Newark. I did not respond to my second fingerprint which was sent to me from Vermont last September or October because I knew at that time my fingerprint would be valid till December 2003. But later on I realized our case could drag further longer passing that last valid date so I wrote to Newark and asked them to reschedule my fingerprint with the Sep or Oct notice.

My wife's case online status got changed soon after her responding her fingerprint this Feb (our case got tranfered on Jan 29,2003). My online message still the same --------" on January 29, 2003, your case were transferred to Newark ..............".

During our interview on 4/14/03, the officer found my wife's fingerprints OK status but could not find mine at first. Since I predicted they might make another mistake (based on the above mentioned online status messages for me and for my wife), I brought my fingerprint receipt (which was rescheduled on a day in last December) with me and showed the interview officer. He then used some number on the receipt to enter into his computer and got my fingerprint OK status FINALLY!!

Unfortunately our cases are still pending FBI NAME CHECK after 8 months of interview, because I visited the Newark today in person for THIRD time after interview.

Your may receive your wife's redo fingerprint later or her fingerprint might have been cleared.

Approvals!

My lawyers got an email from Newark that our cases are approved, and cards have been ordered. Infact, asof yesterday I was preparing my package to go to service ctr and apply for EAD3/AP3 in person today :)

Best.

RD 01/30/2002
FP1 05/22/2002
TD 07/07/2003
ID 08/29/2003
FP2 01/30/2003
AD 12/10/2003

what a mess

7yrGC,
Guess what ? yesterday I got FP notices from Vermont for me & my wife. Now I have 2 FP's for me one scheduled on 12/30/03 (sent from Newark) & 1/22/04 (sent from Vermont) and my wife has on for 1/22/04 (sent from Vermont). What should I do ???
7yrGC, why dont u call FBI no. and find out. they would tell u if they sent results to BCIS or not.

Also, guys who have already finished your interviews, can you please let us know
1. the kind of questions you are asked ?
2. The docs which they ask for ?

thanks in advance.

If I were you, I would do respond to the earliest fingerprint because you don't want to wait for another 50 more days to do that for the fingerprint notice from Vermont. Remember to keep your fingerprint receipt in case they make mistakes.

You may bring your wife with you on 12/30/03 to ask them to do your wife's fingerprint at the same time. Try your best to persuade them to allow your wife to.

If you decide to do your both's fingerprints on 1/22/03 (as well as on 12/30/02), it does not necessarily mean that both of your fingerprints will be cleared and reflected on the local BCIS system on the same date. So the earlier the better!

Don't worry about interview questions! They are pretty standard unless your cases are special with some sense of frauds. You can find many answers for interview questions on this forum. If you have particular questions in your mind which make you sleepless everynight, post them here so that you might get them answered here specifically.

7yrgc,
I learnt from your case from various threads. I am really feeling bad that you waited for so long...for me four year wait itself is a long long period...
why don't you join the law suit proposed in this forum. If not why don't you think of suing the local INS independently...they cannot hold your case indefinitely without any action.... Even America got its freedom with the slogan "No taxation with representation" and fought for their rights...

-rajum

To: rajum

Thanks for the suggestions. I am considering them now. our cases have been for 7 years and next April will mark the 8th year.

I-140 applied and approved in March 1997.

1st I-485 applied in June 1997 and denied Aug 2000

Motion to Reopen for the denied 1st I-485 was filed in Oct 2000 and was dismissed in Feb 2001.

2nd I-485 filed in April 2001 was denied in May 2002.

Motion to Reopen for the second I-485 denial was filed in June 2002 and my case was reopened on Aug 1, 2002 and my wife's case was reopened on Jan 21, 2003.

Cases were transferred to Newark, NJ in January 2003

Interviewed in April 2003

Still pending FBI/CIA checks as of today 12-15-2003

7yrGC

7yrGC,
Thx for u'r suggestion.This is exactly what my lawyer advised to do so we r gonna go on 12/30. We will see what happens.

Is it Possible?

Last week, my wife got the Approval Letter but I did not. How come her case get approved as mine is not yet!

Re: Case approved, spouse' case pending fingerprinting results from FBI.

Originally posted by pkafir
Went for the interview today. The interview was scheduled at 9:00, but got to see the DAO at 10:20. The first step was to sign the form and affix index fingerprint (self and spouse). I suppose that was for the plastic card.

After an unconventional oath, the DAO asked for the medicals. Told her that the reports were submitted with I-485. "So you don't have new one". "No". Gave her the passports for self and spouse. Then she asked if I was still working for the old employer. Showed her the employment letter. She asked if she could keep it, and I said no, I'd already given a copy. Gave her the two most recent tax returns, though (copy). Also gave her a statement of benefits (pay, bonus, other benefits etc.) to her. That satisfied her. Next she asked for birth certificates. Showed her BC for self and spouse. She said that these were translations, and where were the originals. Told her that the documents were originals. She was surprised that they were in English. Told her that its a legecy of our British colonial past. Asked about my job. Gave her the job description. Asked how long I'd been working for the current employer. The answer satisfied her. She stamped my passport, and told me that I would be getting approved today, but not the spouse, because the BCIS hasn't received the fingerprints report from FBI. As soon as its received (which could be any day, since I and spouse fingerprinted on the same day), an approval notice would be sent out, and the spouse can come back for passport stamping. The interview was for just 10 minutes (or perhaps even less).

Dear pkafir,

I am also the same situation like you, my I -485 got approved on the same day(interview) it'self. But my wife is India, i didn't apply her I -485 at all, After receiving my GC, I am going to apply her GC by Following to join process, for that I need I-797, I didn't get that one yet.

Since your case also approved on the same day(Interview), Did you get your I-797? Please let me know how you got it?

Thanks

-p