Newark local office transfer: tracker

Approved!

Just wanted to share the good news! Our attorney's visited BCIS SF and were told that our case is approved. Few days ago our lawyers were told via email by BCIS SF that we were still waiting for our security check and will take several months but today we were approved.

1-485 filed Nov 13, 2001
First FP Jan 2002
RFE May 2003
Transfer June 2003
Interviewed August 2003
2nd FP August 2003
Approved October 2003.

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by ag28
Thank you pkafir
I am worrying because even though NIW/EB1-EA do not require job offer>- does it matter if one changes job.
heard about any recent approvals of such people with change of jobs.
Regards

ag28, I haven't heard of anyone changing jobs for this type of cases and getting approved, but during the two years (almost) of the processing of I-485, my job function changed considerably, from purely technical (research) to technical management. This would have been in clear violation of the Labour certification. Also, my salary increased. But I think that the increase in salary is not a big issue. That's why the DAO had asked about the current job function. Perhaps she was satisfied that the current position still needed my expertise. As I've mentioned before, she took the statement of benefits/ job description for the new position from me, and that's all.

Hope this helps.

-p

Thank you pkafir

Pardon me for taking the liberties to ask questions. from your first line 'I haven't heard of anyone changing jobs for this type of cases and getting approved"
does that mean that you have heard about people who changed jobs and did not get approved as a result of that. I was wondering if any problems arise in NIW cases if they change jobs. The new job is exactly same as the previous one.
Thank you for your time.

Re: Thank you pkafir

Originally posted by ag28
Pardon me for taking the liberties to ask questions. from your first line 'I haven't heard of anyone changing jobs for this type of cases and getting approved"
does that mean that you have heard about people who changed jobs and did not get approved as a result of that. I was wondering if any problems arise in NIW cases if they change jobs. The new job is exactly same as the previous one.
Thank you for your time.

Sorry to have caused the confusion. It means that the only other two cases that I know of (EB1-EA and NIW) didn't change their jobs. I do not know of or have heard of anybody being turned down on this basis. In fact, I do not know any person whose application has been turned down at all.

In your case, I don't think there should be a problem, since NIW is based on the area that you're working in, not on a particular job. But that's my personal opinion only. I'm not a legal expert. I think that its just a matter of how you present your case, and how convincing you are.

-p

3rd EAD applied and got receipt

As my EAD expires in Jan 2004
Applied for 3rd EAD to NEWARK office as my case was transferred to NEWARK and got RECEIPT within a week and chequeues also
got cleared

still waiting for interview letter

I interviewed in Newark office on Oct 21, and got my passport stamped after the interview. But my spouse' passport (derivative I-485) wasn't stamped on the grounds that the office hadn't received fingerprinting report from FBI (it wasn't the background/ CIA check that was holding the application, as we were told). The I-94 and EAD were retained, however. We were told that as soon as the report comes in, which could be any day, the approval letter will be sent out, and then we can come back for stamping if we want to (otherwise, just wait for the plastic card).

I called the FBI by telephone, and they told me that the FP report had been sent on Oct 3, the day we'd had our fingerprinting done. How long does it take for the VSC to send the fingerprinting report to the local office (Newark in this case)?

Now my spouse needs to have the passport stamped real soon, or get an EAD. Should we apply for a new EAD or wait for the approval letter? How long has it taken in the past for the approval letter to be posted under similar circumstances? Any ideas?

-p

Based on what I read from the relavant postings in this forum, currently FBI clearance takes a few weeks, whereas CIA clearance takes more than six months.

Hi gc20011221,

My wife case is also trasferred to Newark office, and the EAD expires in Feb04.

Did u sent ur application to Newark office? Could you please tell me the procedure to apply for EAD renewal at Newark office.

Thanks

Re:Hi gc20011221,

Hello gc_nj999,

downloaded I-765 form, filled PDF form, printed and signed and mailed
to following address by FedEx

Newark District Office
970 Broad Street, Room 136
Newark, NJ 07102

for the past two times, my attorney applied so I have a copy
and used that copy to fill-in application

I heard in most of the cases, NEWARK office do not process and mail EADs.....they will call for interview or once it exceeds 3 months, we have to go in person and get EAD....

Let us see how it goes

Can you post your wife transfer details (date of transfer?) if not posted in this thread

thanks

documents attached for EAD renewal

I forgot to mention

copy of previous EAD
copy of I-485 receipt
2 photos (INS) --- heard not required though attached
I-94 (copy of latest H1 if applicable....I am still on H1)

Hi gc20011221

Thanks for the details.

Here are my wife case details.

Jan ND
Case transferred on Aug12th.
Received interview letter on Sep 9th.
Attended the interview on Oct3rd.
During the interview we were told that everything is fine with the case and has to go to for 2nd FP.
Gave 2nd FP on Oct31st.
Now we are waiting for the approval notice.

gc_nj999 !!! thanks

thanks for details ...I thought you are also waiting for interview.
All the best...

It seems cases transferred just before August 18th lucky all finished interviews.

Mine transferred on August 21st and IamRaju's transferred after August 21st are only waiting .....it seems

IamRaju !!! did you got any interview letter??????
and please check your private messages

thanks

To gc_nj999

Hi, gc_nj999:

We are in the same stage, the only difference is that we interviewed/2nd FP about two weeks earlier than you. As of now, we are still waiting for any final notice. Have a question for you, during your interview, did the officer give you any info on the possible time frame between the 2nd FP and the final approval notice? We were told that it would take about a month, unfortunately, it has been over 7 weeks now, still no news.

Best of luck,

bb

IamRaju !!! Any luck in getting interview scheduled letter???

IamRaju !!! Any luck in getting interview scheduled letter???

Hi baobao

During the interview officer told us that the case will be approved after receiving FP results. And officer also told us that it will take 2 to 3 weeks to receive FP results.

We were interviewed on 3rd Oct. The officer approved the case but we had to go for 2nd FP which we finished on 31st Oct. Now waiting for the approval letter. Te officer had said we should get it around 3rd week of Nov. Lets see when we get it.

received approval letters

Just want to share good news with u guys. I just got the approval letters from Newark all my wife, son amd my self. Wish u guys will get them soon
Details:
rd:01/2002
Td:08/04/2003
ID:10/10/2003
2nd FP:10/10/2003
RFE received: around 10/16/2003 (w-2 and tax returns for last 3 yrs and new photos)

Transferred on 11/25

My case was transferred to local Newark / Teterboro Office on 11/25. I m waiting for the interview letter. Anyone in the same boat ? Please post details. Currently how long does it take to schedule an interview ??

RD :- 03/22/02
ND :- 04/10/02
FP :- 12/17/02
RFE :- 10/02/03
RFE Recvd:- 10/30/03
TD :- 11/25/03

thanks