Newark local office transfer: tracker

Re: Is it Possible?

Originally posted by amarsharma
Last week, my wife got the Approval Letter but I did not. How come her case get approved as mine is not yet!

Hi,

Could you please post more details about your case. When did you attend the interview.

I am waiting for the approval letter from Newark office.
RD:01/15/2002
ID:10/03/03
2nd FP:10/31/03

received card for son

just received card for son. Mine and wife's should be coming soon. No stamping. For more info see my previous posts

My details

Started this sick process in 1997 anyways

Interview date at Newark 10/10/03
2nd FP Newark date Nov. 21 2003
My Wife Approval Date Dec. 20 2003
My approval date ?

transferred on dec 8, 2003- Newark

Anyone transferred during the above timeline, please advise whether you received any transferred letter or interview letter. I am concerned as my attorney said he has not received any transferred letter todate and I have changed my residence from TX to NJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview scheduled

Help appreciated
I and my spouse did our 2nd finger printing on Dec30th'03. I just received a letter for interview in Mid Jan (case Xfered on Nov 25th' 03)

My questions :-
1. My first FP was done on 12/13/02. Since my second FP was done so close I m not sure if they would have the results at the time of my interview. What r my chances of getting stamped that day ( Isnt FP valid for 15 months )?
2. What are the kind of questions ? mine is a AC-21 case and I had got an RFE prior to Xfer.

thanks for u'r help.

thanks for the info

shakap...are you going to the interview with your attorney? What are the documents that you are supposed to provide in the letter?

My attorney still have not received the notification of the transfer 12/8/03. And he is not doing anything about it...Told me to just wait...

I do hope that I will receive the interview letter this week or latest next week. I received my 3rd FP notification which was sent to my new address. SO I am hoping that i will receive the letter to my new address. I still have not done my 3rd FP. It was scheduled on 1/27/04. Intend to go early ie tomorrow or the day after.

3rd FP- Newark

Completed 3rd Fp today. Appt date 1/27/04, decided to go earlier at Newark..No queue, no question asked..Am hoping this fingerprinting will trigger an approval

Inquiry to Newark Office

Is there a way to find the status of your case from Newark office. My wife got approved on Dec 20. but me so far did not received any letter. My lawyer is pushing me to wait another month or so. I am not sure how will I find out?

routineusgc,

I will be going with my attorney, dont know how much difference it would make but dont want to take the risk. He has already told me chances of getting stamped is very less cos I just had my finger printing done on 12/30/03.
Docs are usual emp letter, original certificates like birth, marriage etc

The most unusual thing is my lawyer has also asked me to get my bank stmts , not mentioned in the letter. Would the officer by any chance make a copy of it ? I dont think anyone would be comfortable to give his bank stmts ?

Anyone with experience , Please respond

thank you.

interview

shakap..

make copies..(just in case)do you have to have certified true copy by your attorney? . As for bank statement...show original if ask, if he/she request for a copy to keep in file..perhaps you may want to ask ..if this necessary..(just my 0.2 cents). Let me know how your interview goes...

I have just received my FP letter from local office. It says it FP completed < 90 days, disregard this letter.. I have completed my 3rd FP on 1/12/03. Should i ignore this letter? Am waiting for interview letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did any one received approval letter after completing interview at Newark office?

When we attended the interview officer told us that everything is fine with the case, but we have to re-do the FP as the first FP expired. We gave the 2nd FP in Oct 2003, and now waiting for the approval letter.

Did anyone received the approval letter after attending interview?

Finally stamped though wait continues for spouse.

After a long wait and going thru so much thru the entire process(which I ‘ll mention sometime later), I finally got the stamp after the interview although I am not totally out of this process since my wife has still not received it.
The officer as usual first took my finger print and then the oath. He then started looking at my file and asked me some basic questions. (parents name etc.) Then he asked for employment letter, recent tax return and pay stub. Which probably proved that I was employed now. He then asked about medicals to which my lawyer said ,it was submitted along with 485 cos I had not done it again. He said that he needs to do some checks and asked us to wait outside. My lawyer also asked him about my wife’s case to which he said he will look into.
Here was the part which I did not know at all. Only I received my Interview letter and my lawyer had asked me to take my wife along with me but never mentioned that she also needs one. So the officer did not even allow her inside. Guys in the same boat , please note this.
After waiting outside for 10 mins my lawyer came with my passport which had a stamp. (Took a couple of mins to grasp that) and regarding my wife he said that her file was still in Vermont and was not transferred locally so the officer could not do anything. He said that now that I (primary) have received GC they will inform the VSC to take action for her case too but he said it would take months cos this is how it is.
Now I need to apply for her 3rd EAD & AP cos it is going to expire in May.
My entire process was done by my lawyer. I had also changed my employer. My new employer is not going to pay for my wife’s EAD and lawyers fees.
Can I apply for her EAD & AP ? Is it just as simple as filling out the forms and sending checks to BCIS (USCIS whatever it is) ? Any idea how long it would take for her to get her GC ?
Thanks,
shabkap

Dates

RD :- 03/22/02
ND :- 04/10/02
RFE :- 10/02/03
RFE recvd :-10/30/03
TD :- 11/25/03
ID :- 01/16/04
Stamped :- 01/16/04

shabkap

to gc_nj999

I got interviewed the same time as you are, for some reason My wife got the approval letter but I am Not although I am the Primary applicant and she is dependent.

ID:10/10/03
AD:12/20/03
Stamped:12/31/03

My lawyer is insisting to me to wait another month.

Newark Visit

Did you or any body visited the newark office for finding out the status of their case.
What should be the process and where should we go to?
Will they let you in if you do not have an appointment?

Help please?

interview letter

received Interview letter today. Interview date early feb. Letter just indicated I94, passport, medical I-693, current employment letter.

Can someone lists document that I need during the interview. Do we HAVE TO RE-DO medical?

I had my interview on 3rd Oct. The officer did ask for new medical. I had done my medical again and so did not feel that the money was total waste.

During the interview asked me about the job (with the same co.) I had changed job so had the employment letter and pay stubs for one year. Asked first name last name and birth dates for all us. Checked our photographs in his file. Finallly he said your case is approved but you will have to go for another interview. He gave us the date for 31st Oct. I must say that the officer was prepared and well informed about my case.

Last week Me and my kids got plastic and welcome letter by mail (I was looking for approval notice). I am still waiting for my wife's card.

Hope this helps.