Newark local office transfer: tracker

Re: Re: Latest transfer to Newark

Originally posted by JerseyGirl
Hi NJGC04,

Did you get your FP2 notice and interview letter? My case is similar to yours, transfered to Newark at 3/8/04, waiting for the interview letter. Anybody else got transfered recently?

By the way, how do you request a 2nd FP?

Here is my info:
RD: 8/25/02
FP: 10/18/02
TD: 3/08/04

JserseyGirl,

I got my FP2 notice on 3/9 and just completed my FP2 this morning. I also received the interview letter today. The lawyer can send a request to local office for FP2. I am pretty sure that my FP2 notice is the result of that request. Hope this helps.

NJGC04

Hi

I am in similar category.Case transfer to Newark and Fingerpring
going to expire on 30th April 2004.

I have an attorney but STILL can I request for FP2 of my own.
Is it necessary to request through Attorney?

Please advice me.

thanks,
freenation

Guys ,

Me and my wife got FP2 notice from Newark local office (not from vsc).

It is is handwritten notice.
FP2 is schedule on 15th April.

I have one quick question even for FP2
they send to file to FBI for FBI NAME CHECK
if yes normally how much time it take?

thanks,
freenation

Originally posted by freenation
Guys ,

Me and my wife got FP2 notice from Newark local office (not from vsc).

It is is handwritten notice.
FP2 is schedule on 15th April.

I have one quick question even for FP2
they send to file to FBI for FBI NAME CHECK
if yes normally how much time it take?

thanks,
freenation
Hi freenation,

I just received the interview letter today, it is scheduled at 5/3/04. Did they ask you to bring the medical result in the interview letter? What docs do you prepared? Hope to hear your good news.

I read in this forum somewhere that name check is sent to CIA not FBI. Not sure.

They asked me for medical results.

One of the thread from forum said we don't need to redo medical
but to be on safer side I did it.

Regarding docs.
I am preparing following docs

I 485
I 140
AC21
RFE response
Medical
2000 TaxReturn
2001 TR
2002 TR
2003 TR
2000 W2
2001 W2
2002 W2
2003 W2
SSN card
I 94
passport
Medical1 jax FL
Medical edison NJ
All EAD cards
Marriage Cert
Birth Cert
employment cert
affidavit of parent
affidavit of support letter
bank statements
credit card statements

do let me know if you get any more info.

ALL THE BEST...
regards,
freenation

Car Pool between NJ and Washington DC

Bored of driving to Washington DC area to work every Sunday evening or very early Monday morning from cental New Jersey (Edison area) and driving back home every Friday evening to spend weekends with family at own expenses of high road tolls and gas fills?

We are in the same boat and we may car-pool to reduce our stresses of driving and high costs of tolls and gases.

Please send email to cris_song2000@yahoo.com, if you are interested. I am just looking for one or two people to carpool with me.

hi,

My green card got approved after an interview at Newark.

Interview Time: 1:00 PM

• Reached Broad Street (1320 room) at 12:00 PM.
Waiting room was not much crowded but it was very hot.
I guess heater was on instead of AC.
Waited waited till 2:00 PM.
• One middle age very well dressed and polite white lady called our name.
• She made us sign and index printing.
then direct us to her office.
• Since my case was first transfer to Jacksonville FL to my old address and then to Newark. She said your are lucky sometimes it takes 1 year for case transfer.
She also mentioned our immigrants problem, when case is pending you can at
least visit your country but in some of cases they can't visit for years.
• She asked for current employment letter and medicals which were mentioned in interview letter.
• Then she asked, are you with the same company since July 2003 (I used AC21 changed company last year.)
I answered YES
• and THAT'S IT...
She said your case is pretty much straight forward please submit all your EADs.
She stamped our passport.
She also said now u can renew your driver's license and SSN.
• YES GUYS WE NEED TO RENEW OUR SSN CARD ALSO.
• It was 2:15 PM.
• We decided to go to Trenton for renewal of Driver's license on same day.
• Reach there around 4:00 PM.
Remembered office closes at 5:00 PM. Last allowed entry 4:30 PM.
Got new (NICE) NJ driving license for 4 years (not like old laminated one)

Thanks a lot to Mr.Rajeev Khanna and all of you your support and guidance.

I am not going to leave this forum...

Rajum , Dsatish please let me know how I can contribute to our immigrationportal.org in NJ activity. (already contributed donation.)

regards,
freenation.

JerseyGirl

Did you get your approval and passport stamp on the date of your interview (5/3/04)?

FBI conducts Name Check search, not CIA, even though some BCIS officer from Information Unit to I-485 Unit insist that CIA does and despite of the fact that my interview receipt has "CIA" hand-circled by our interview officer.

Sorry I didn't reply early. I just moved last month, a lot of packing and unpacking staff.

My greencard was approved and I got my passport stamped right after interview. The interview went on well, the officer asked about the medical exam, I told him I've done it before, he said ok, but he couldn't find it in my file!(I wish I did it again! So do your exam again if they ask it, just in case if it lost) Finally he found the exam file. Other questions are as usual:current enployer, pay stab...

After the stamp, I went to update my ssn, but couldn't be done, because Iwas on H1,and never used EAC card, so the A number was not in the SSN database. Have to do it later.

And now, waiting for the card.

By the way, when I check the website, it never updates, still says your case is thransfered to newark.....

Did anyone received his card?

Wish everyone good luck!

Just transfered to Newark local office

Our case was transfered today to Newark local office :( Does anyone have recent information about waiting time for them to schedule interview?

why transferred

ET Z said:
Our case was transfered today to Newark local office :( Does anyone have recent information about waiting time for them to schedule interview?

do u have any idea why u were transferred? did u change ur address from somewhere else to new jersey lately? i heard it takes at leats 3-6 months for them to schedule an interview good luck.

Pls post more info

Pls post more info on any FP, RFE and EB category. Heard of about 2 months for interview at Newark.

Thanks and Good luck

ET Z said:

2 months sound's good

FP1 June 1, 2002 (both of us)
FP2 March 4, 2004 (both of us)
FP3 April 9, 2004 (for me due to not readable)
FP4 May 15, 2004 (for me for the same reason, I just do not have clear FP as many women)
Moved this month within NJ to be close to my husband's work (he is primary), his work now is just accross the street.
No RFE
AC-21
EB2

In INS office during the FP3 I was told that they do not issue third FP for the same reason as mine and it is surprise for them too.

Thank you for your support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Case transferred to Newark

Hi All,

Our case has been transferred to newark on June 10th, 2004. Waiting for interview notice as they say it is inevitable. Our GC is based on future employment. Anyone know of similar cases? What kind of questions will they ask for future employment GC cases?

Count me tooo...!!! Transfered to Newark after 2FP

Waiting for the Interview.

Do we get the Interview notice or Attorney or Both, Any Idea.

ND: 03/26/02
transferred:6/16/04

Interview notice...

It is hard to say who will get the interview notice. When we received our FP2 notice, both copies (our and attorney's) were in the same envelope and sent to us. We also updated the address with the representative and I hope we'll get the notice at the new address.

Last edited by a moderator:
transfer issue

My case is NIW, 485 RD 08/23/02, recently got early 2FP done on 05/25/04(scheduled 06/12/04), no RFE. I saw you guys case transferred to Newark office recently, just wondering which factor triggers the transfer, heard of EB1 and NIW are more likely transfered.

Any thoughts, Thanks and good luck to you all.