Newark local office transfer: tracker

NewWark Local Office Transfers

Guru's,
I'm new on this portal and here is what I 'm seeing for my Online Messages.....Can someone please throw light on this.....and how much time it take them to receive such transfer cases. Thanks in advance.

"On June 17, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ for processing. Our office in NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times."

You never know what to expect from them.

This is what I read in my message:
"On June 22, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

Does it mean that you'll not go for interview?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine case also Transfered to Newark

Hi
My name is anil maurya. I have employment based immigration.I had case pending with Nebraska service center since 2001.Now online status says case transfered to Newark and you will hear from them. Date case transfer is Jun 25 ,2004.I am also in same boat as of you guys.My case little bit messed up because I have changed many emplyer and changed address couple of times.May be that caused move.Thank you guys sharing information.

case transferred to newark office

hello every body
i am new to this forum,though i post mesagges on rupnet sometimesbelow r my case details
rd:15mar02
nd:06apr02
2nd fp:26mar04
td:22jun04
ad:???????
my case was transferred to newark 0n 22jun and god alone knws when they will sent me a letter for interview.....by the ways my last updated date changed to 23 jun....did u guys have the same update change (speacialu etz since u have the same transfer date as mine)kindly pls keep me informed
thnkx :)

Hi noori,
our LUD was changed on 6/22/04 - transfer date, and then 6/23/04 I think this is the actual mail date from VSC to Newark. Nothing received so far.

hi etz

will keep u informed though.....still do u have an idea abt how long we will have to wait before they call for interview
thnks

I have no idea, but people say it should take about a 1-3 months. On the other side, by the information from BCIS local, they process cases with RD October 13, 2003. So, in this case it is unpredictable.

I -485 transfer strange message pls help

I applied my I -485/Ap/EAD ND july 16 2004. There was RFE on my I -140 and replied in Dec -03 and approved on May 05 -2004
I did not changed my job or change my address.
I do not have any traffic violations, bad credit and did not involved in any law violation and always in status.
I don't know what trigger this change.

I applied fot FOIA and got a message and the posting is in this thread.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com...94&page=3&pp=15

My stay middlex county NJ. Does it mean they transferred to Newark office?.
I could not find any ADMIN APPEALS OFFICE.?

Can somebody decipher this USCIS code?? :confused:

Online message says
On July 2, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in ADMIN APPEALS OFFICE for processing. Our office in ADMIN APPEALS OFFICE will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

Thanks in Adv.
novice72

Interview Letter Received

Just received interview letter from Newark. The interview is scheduled on 7/23. Asked for employment letter, medical, and passport. Is anyone planning on taking the attorney to the interview?

RD1001 : Even my case got transfered to Newark on Jun/16 and I am having a interview on Jul/23, I am taking the attorney with me.

RD : Mar/26/2002
FP2: Mar/5/2004
Tran : Jun/16/2004
Interview D : Jul/23/2004

Dress in Newark Interview?

Hi,
My case was transferred to Newark local office. Do I have to wear a suit with a tie (like job interview) on the interview day?

what kind of questions do I expect? My I485 is based on "Outstanding sicienctis/researcher".

On the interview letter, INS just ask passport and I94 form.

Any experience shared here will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Jhon Li

A basic question about case transfer, thanks

Hi, friends,

Does the EB category matter with case transfer ? I was heard EB1 and EB2(NIW) cases are more likely transfered to local office, would you share the EB category info ?

My info:

485 RD Aug,2002
Fp1 Sept,2002
Fp2 May 25, 2004( early done)
EB category NIW

Thanks for your input

Interview

Hi All,

My case got transferred to Newark on 6/10/04. I received a notice saying my interview is on July 23rd. I see that some of you also have interview on the same day.

INS has advised to bring passport and I94 only. Does this mean anything? Should I take the rest of the documents?

Please give any advice or tips about the interview process..

Thanks