Newark local office transfer: tracker

It is the # on your FP notice. Why not just go to 24 commerce st and try your luck? If you call 800 #, it would be hard to get an early FP, bacuse all paperwork will take long time.
Good luck

BCIS memorenda regarding i-693

Here are the memorenda regarding the extention of the validity period of I-693 (Medical Examination Report) if submitted along with I-485.

-p

p.s. You can also take the copy of newsbrief from Attorney Murthy's web site if you want.

NIWNIW,

You can get copies of your Federal Tax returns at any local IRS office near to your home.

Amarsharma,

I just want to tell you I have not received the approval notice after the interview was done on 4/15/2003 due to CIA pending. When asked about how long the CIA check takes, the officer who interviewed us responded that "CIA is an independent agency and not under BCIS control". But I was given a receipt in which we are advised not to make inquiry about our (my wife's and mine) cases until after 60 days after the interview date.

On 9/15/2003, I went to BCIS' Newark office to make inquries in person. The Information officer did a computer status check inside and came out telling us that our cases are still pending.
I told him that five months have passed since the interview, and he responded that it has not been six months yet, contradicting to the 2 month time frame given in the interview receipt.

Another guy scheduled for the interview on the same day (4/15/03) is still waiting for approval letters. His story is the interview letter did not ask for anything other than passports, I-94, and employment letters. His interview officer, however, asked for marriage certificate and tax returns during the interview, and gave him an address to send to with his name attention without any CIA bull shits, so supposedly his case should not have had this prolonged delay which might be otherwise caused by the "sleeping cell". But you can see he also waited for too long for something which is indeed under BCIS control. He went to Newark office too with me on 9/15/03 and was refered to 14th floor, where he got another appointment for 10/8/03. He went there again on 10/8 and the same officer who interviewed him finally told him that his computer had problems and could not retrieve his information and sent him back to home with the message that he doesn't need to come back and just needs to wait for approval notice. We will see how long he needs to wait before the approval appears in his mail box.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks. i actually have tax returns. but i was asked for w-2 with 3 sets. I donot know what they mean by 3 sets. I only hve personal copy of w-2. Never made a copy of state and federal versions of w-2

NIWNIW,

Does the words "W-2 w/ 3 sets" literally appear on your REF reveived at the interview ? If yes, maybe it means 3 sets for last three years with each set for corresponding to each of the last three years' W-2 forms. It does not make sense to for the BCIS to ask for employee copy, state copy and Federal copy of your W-2 forms because even the foolest knows that after tax returns, only the employee copy is left for personal record keeping.

Most stantandard REFs for additional documents request tax returns for last 2 years including all W-2 forms and 1099 forms, among other items, if any.

Re: my interview

Askd for 3 yrs’ W-2 and tax returns.

I made that judgement also partially based on your previous posting quoted right here.
Askd for 3 yrs’ W-2 and tax returns.

FYI: How can I post questions?

For those who have been viewing messages here and failed to register a login with permission for posting messages, I understand your frastration when attempting to create a login, because I had the same frustration as you might have experienced such as a seperate email from the administrator of the site to ask for your parents' permission in compliance with a certain law if you did not pay attention to the registration instruction regarding the date of birth delimiter and entered the registration form for those under 13 years old.

More importantly, you have to patiently wait for aproxmately 7 days to receive a notification email from the web site administrator informing you that your account has been activated. That is another frustration point since most people think their accounts should be valid for use either instantly or in a matter of a couple of days, allowing the lazy administrator 24 or 48 hours to activate their accounts.

This stupid registration processing has made this forum have lost a lot of valuable information from many viewers barred from posting message unless and untill they first fill out the registration form, then wait for 6 or 7 days for their account to be activated.

I have been viewing for many months and failed the registration more than 3 times and almost lost my hope until today I checked my email and found my account activation email.

thanks 7yrGc. Actually, yes. It requested photos/3 yrs tax return w/w-2 w/3sets. these are exact words on REF. I tend to agree with ur intrepreations. Anyway I got have fedral Copies. I will send them tomorrow.

gc20011221 : Sorry for the late reply. I was out of station for some days. I have not recevied the interview yet. I am just accumulating the information and documents. I will let you know once I receive it.

I have a question on Service Letter for Prospective Employment. The emplpoyment letter I send to Vermont is
addressed to
Immigration and Naturalization Service
Vermont Service Center
75, Lower Welden Street
Saint Albans, VT 05479

What should be the adrress I have to put in my employment letter for Newark Interview. Is it OK, if take the same employment letter with a latest date on it.

I brought 2 enplyment letters, one from my boss and other from HR departmetn. Both did not have attention, just to whom this may concern. Both were recent dated.

IamRaju!!! take empletter with recent dat

IamRaju,

thanks for your reply.

I would prefer you to take emp letter with recent date
if you can unelss if you have problems with that

Make sure that roles and responsibilities are almost all same as
what are mentioned mentioned in labour.

Have you got RFE before for employment letter before?

CIA pending for over 6 months

Our cases were transferred in Jan 2003 and we were interviewed in April. The interviewing officer told us that he'll send us approval notices once he gets CIA check results in his computer. But it has passed six months since our interview date. This intolerable delay really pissed me off.

I traced here some CIA pending cases after Newark interview and got the following statistics about the time of delay between the date of interview and the date of receiving approval notice:

2 months for one case
4 months for one case
6 months for one case
7 months for Malda's case , the longest one posted in the forum

Case approved, spouse' case pending fingerprinting results from FBI.

Went for the interview today. The interview was scheduled at 9:00, but got to see the DAO at 10:20. The first step was to sign the form and affix index fingerprint (self and spouse). I suppose that was for the plastic card.

After an unconventional oath, the DAO asked for the medicals. Told her that the reports were submitted with I-485. "So you don't have new one". "No". Gave her the passports for self and spouse. Then she asked if I was still working for the old employer. Showed her the employment letter. She asked if she could keep it, and I said no, I'd already given a copy. Gave her the two most recent tax returns, though (copy). Also gave her a statement of benefits (pay, bonus, other benefits etc.) to her. That satisfied her. Next she asked for birth certificates. Showed her BC for self and spouse. She said that these were translations, and where were the originals. Told her that the documents were originals. She was surprised that they were in English. Told her that its a legecy of our British colonial past. Asked about my job. Gave her the job description. Asked how long I'd been working for the current employer. The answer satisfied her. She stamped my passport, and told me that I would be getting approved today, but not the spouse, because the BCIS hasn't received the fingerprints report from FBI. As soon as its received (which could be any day, since I and spouse fingerprinted on the same day), an approval notice would be sent out, and the spouse can come back for passport stamping. The interview was for just 10 minutes (or perhaps even less).

-p

congratulations pkafir

could you let us know if you are still with old employer or changed jobs after filing 485.
Thank you.

The guy interviewed on April 14 got approval notice last week around Oct 15

I met him at BCIS office in Newark, NJ when both of us went for I-485 interview. Called him tonight and was informed that he received approval letter for both him and his wife last week, about 6 months after the date of interview.

Re: congratulations pkafir

Originally posted by ag28
could you let us know if you are still with old employer or changed jobs after filing 485.
Thank you.

I remainded with the same employer, but that was of no consequence, since I'd filed an immigration petition under EB1-EA, which does not require sponsorship from an employer. However, having a job is useful since it shows that (i) you can support yourself (ii) you are going to carry on using the expertise under which you'd claimed EB1-EA status in the US.

-p

where are other guys?

There were quite a few guys who got interviewed on Oct.10. seemed they diappeared from here. Any undate guys?

Thanks

Thank you pkafir
I am worrying because even though NIW/EB1-EA do not require job offer>- does it matter if one changes job.
heard about any recent approvals of such people with change of jobs.
Regards