Newark local office transfer: tracker

Newark Visit

My case has been xfered on 08/21

1- Online at 7:15
2-Got inside building by 8:15
3-Infront of window 11:00
4-Asked the officer about case...and informed current address as I have moved couple of times since my GC is filed

That OLD lady did not give any information at all
Just asked to fill standard additional information sheet and submit

When I asked whether my file reached NEWARK or not, when can I expect interview letter...

She said no more info for today ..DONE .....
She was very tired .....

We group of peopl waited in line observed some OLD ladies
are hard to DEAL ...only one young lady ...was there ....she
seems nice but she is not there by the time we got our
chance ....

So if you plan to visit ......try to be early in waiting line-outside say around 6AM, that way you will be server sooner and better....

just relax. I donot understand why you guys bothered to go there to just ask your xer status. Newark is fast in terms of of scheduling interview whch we have to be grufitful to.

I just wanted to make sure my current address

GCneedhelp,

I just wanted to make-sure my current address as I have changed my address 2-3 times since I have filed my GC.

NEWARK office does not have its own customer support by phone service. if we call national customer support for this kind of info, then they will tell us needs to contact local as the case is transferred....

Visiting the office is the only way for any kind of communication.

if they send it to previous addresses...then...more tensions....and delays ...

BTB everybody have their own problems....everything with you might be smooth going...may not be the case with us...

NewarK Interview Update.........

Hello People,

AS I had mentioned earlier, my friend's wife's case was transferred to Newark Local Office on July-29-2003. Interview was scheduled today(Sept-26-2003.) His case was already approved three months ago..

This is what he told me..

1. REached the INS Building at 12.55 PM. Submitted the interview letter at the counter at 1 PM.

2. Interview letter had stated 1.30 PM as the time for interview.

3. Kept watching ads on TV till 2.30 PM.

4. His wife's name was called by a LAdy Officer ( White ..)

5. My friend also accompanied her to the officer's desk. Both of them took oath before being seated.

6. The officer went through all the documents of my friend's wife. Everything was in order.

7. She asked for Husband's GC approval ( Stamp in Passport). Card not received yet.. He showed it to her..

8. For wife, she asked identification( driver's licence) and checked her passport.

9. She did not ask for Medical Exam reports..( So $200 down the drain.. )

10. Now the strange part... My friend's GC was approved.. 4 months ago.. She asked for I-140 approval .. My friend was pleasantly surprised.. HE tried to explain to the officer that I-140 is to verify his experience and education and it has nothing to do with wife's I-485... The officer insisted on the I-140 copy and asked him to mail it to her.

11. She gave the fingerprint notice for my friend's wife for Oct-02-2003. She said she could not approve the case anyway because the fingerprint needs to be done for second time because the reports that come with the fingerprint expire after 15 months. Also, she stated that her security clearance from the CIA had been obtained.

12. That was the end of the interview.. Whole interview lasted for 10 mts.. She said the approval will be sent after the fingerprint results are obtained.

13. The officer then stamped the passport saying that pending approval... and took away I-94 only..

14. Then my friend attempted early fingerprinting at Commerce Street.. At first they said.. they would not do.. It was 3 PM in the evening.. It was totally empty... Then he somehow managed to convince the security guard and the officer and got the fingerprint done...

15. So. inspite of his best efforts.. the wait still continues... Still hanging in the air....

16. Moral of the story... Please carry every single piece of document that you have... Don't leave anything..... HAve photocopies ready.. Nothing is un-necessary.... BCIS can surprise you with anything... ask any document... So... carry EVERY SINGLE PIECE of document with you.. related or unrelated....

Good luck to you.... Hope you guys get approved...

Called BCIS yesterday to inquire about the transfer case, but they didn't have any information. What the lady could tell me was that its currently taking Newark office 8 months to schedule an interview for this type of cases (EB1-EA). When I got home, I got to know that I'd received the interview letter in the mail for my wife and myself. I don't exactly remember the date of transfer, but it was sometime in last week of August. The interview letter was sent on 9.25.03, almost a month after the transfer of case. So it isn't taking Newark office 8 months to schedule the interview in such cases after all :)

What I noticed different in my case was that I'd received two letters together. The first one was for fingerprinting on Oct 3rd, and the second one for an interview on Oct 21st. So they'd realized that my 1st fingerprinting had expired, and that I needed another one, and scheduled it before the interview. Hopefully, they'll receive the results from FBI before I go for the interview, and we won't have to go back again for passport stamping.

Another thing that I noticed was that the letter was a generic one. That'd explain why they're asking for medical examination report. Since I'm miserly, I can't bring myself to spend $500 if not needed. I have real trouble parting with my cash :) I'm not going to have a new medical examination. What I will do is request the medical center where I got my original one done to send me a copy of the original report by mail. If they agree to do so, then fine, otherwise I'll take my chances with the adjucating officer.

The interview letter says BRING WITH YOU: THIS LETTER, all passports in your possession, Form I-94 (ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE RECORD). Report of medical examination, Affidavit of support (if not already submitted). ALL ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS WHICH SUPPORT THE PETITION/ APPLICATION, INCLUDING: Birth, Marriage, divorce and Death certificate. All foreign documents must be accompanied by certified English translations. If your application is based on a marriage to a U.S. citizen or lawful resident alien, both spouses must appear. *** FAILURE TO APPEAR OR TO PROVIDE REQUESTED DOCUMENTATION AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW WILL RESULT IN THE DENIAL OF THE PETITION/ APPLICATION *** A VIDEO OR AUDIO RECORDING MAY BE MADE OF THE INTERVIEW.

-p

Last edited by a moderator:
mori2000!!! when was your transfer date?

it seems no where yumentioned your xfer date in the thread
Can u please let us know

thanks
gc20011221

APROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED

Thank Good............
Finally my case and my wife's are approved today....:)
The officer was very nice (African-American Lady) she had the intension to aprove our case from the begining... she said while taking our finger prints that this should be her first case to approve today... she had all the documents and we cleared all the security checks......

She asked for passports, birth certificates, marrage certificate and she didnot want to check the medical but opened it since we had it (It is still up to the officer to ask for new medical)..... she asked me to review my info and that was it... the whole thing did not take more than 15 min.... she stamped the passports for one year and said that we should receive the cards within 2 to 8 months... Also she took our employment cards.....

She mentioned that the reason she did not approve any of the case before me is that their CIA check was not clear..... she had alot of files in her office....

Oh... by the way my lawyer was there but he did not do a thing... anyway Good Luck to all of you and thanks for every one...

let me know if you have any questions

interview

My wife had an interview yesterday

The officer told us that everything is fine with the case. But she said she cannot approve the case since the first FP expired. She issued second FP notice. She told us that she will approve the case after receiving the FP results.

She took the I-94, and checked all the originals. She did not ask for the medicals(but the interview letter asked for new medicals).

So, my wife has to go for FP again, and hopefully she will approve the case next month.