Newark local office transfer: tracker

Approved

Hi everybody!

So it happend! We went for the interview - I and my wife last Friday. We got there about 12:30, the appointment was 1:00 PM. We waited for our lawyer for about 30 minutes. He was dealyed and advised us to hand our interview notices but not to go if get called in (same advise is on one of the letters hanging on the walls in Newark office). We wated for about 2 hours, may be a little less. We got called in, fingerprinted, signed the paper. Then we went for the intervierwer's cubicle, took the oath. The interviewer then asked us where we work - both, me and my wife (I'm the primary applicant). He also asked if I had employment letter and latest paystubs, took both. He looked at our medicals. Our interview notices only asked to bring our passports and latest I-94. Then he announced that he's got good news and bad news. Good news was - I was approved, bad news - my wife's case was still pending because of her fingerprints. Now we need to gather letters for all police depts from all towns we lived in for past 5 years. Our lawyer is handling that and says it's not a big deal, especially since the primary applicant is approved.
Well, that's it. It's still hard to believe it's over!
One more thing - we will need to change our Social Security cards. We went on 10th floor right after the interview, hoping to do that. They said the number is not in the system yet and we need to try couple weeks later.

Best of luck to everybody! Don't lose your hope - you will get it! :)

RickZ & ETZ

Last edited by a moderator:
FP/I-485 transfer to Newark

HI NJJ,

Thanks for the reply, hope ALL of us here get it VERY SOON, would be a nice X'mas gift for us and our family.

Which county do you live?

Hi, mjr_jcnj,

May I ask a question? Which county do you live when you submit your case or I should ask which county appears in your application form?

One of my friend recently mentioned that people live in some counties will be interviewed in Cherry Hill instead of Newark, unfortunately I live in one of the counties which belongs to Cherry Hill. Hopefully it is not true since I know it takes quite a while for Cherry Hill to schedule the interview.

Thanks for your information.

HI NNJ,

I'm in Hudson COunty, I live in Jersey City, easy access for me to go to Newark via path train for the fingerprinting on Aug 9. I'm taking off that day so I don't have to worry about being late.

Details of my application:

LC - approved 12/2002
1st EAD - 5/2003
I-140 - approved 12/2004
2nd EAD - 5/2004
I-485 - transferred from VSC to Newark 7/6/2004
1st fingerprinting - 8/19/2004; notice received 8/7/2004
Still with same employer

Take care to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mjr_jcnj

Thanks for the reply

Hi, mjr_jcnj,

Thanks for your reply. I live in Monmouth county which belongs to Cherry Hill, hopefully my case doesn't switch to Cherry Hill.

Anyone here have their case transfered to Cherry Hill?

Hi NNJ,

Hopefully your papers will stay in Newark, just keep me posted on any developments and I'll do the same. Is it really true that it doesnt take long to get an interview in Newark, hope so.

Take care,

mjr_jcnj

Transfer to Newark on July 31

Hi, everyone,
my case was tranfered to Newark local office on July 31th 2004. I am waiting for the interview appointment letter. does anybody know how long it will be from the time you receive the letter until the time of your interview?
Thanks!

Hi NJLady,

I've been reading here that it's quite fast to get an inverview letter from Newark. Mine was transferred July 6 and got a fingerprinting notice Aug 6.
It's been driving me nuts already, all the waiting. Hopefully , we'll all have a
great Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mjr_jcnj

mjr_jcnj,

Sure, I will definitely let you know if there is any progress on my case. Let's keep each other posted.

Markmurali,

I am not sure if it is true since in the past usually everyone got interviewed at Newark. Seems they changed the rules most recently?

Please let me know once you got the interview notice. If your case is still with Newark, I assume you should hear something no later than the end of the month.

njlady,

Based on the tracking of the past 4 months, seems you should get the interview letter in one or one and half months after the transfer, and another one month for the interview. So the total should be less than 3 months. Hopefully they will keep the pace.

HI Transferees, :)

It seems like a lot of the cases in the VSC have been transferred to local offices, its a miracle that their processing date now moved to another month.
Anyway, I'm hoping for the best for all of us here. Maybe we should all get together one day after all this and have a well deserved drink!!!!!!!!!!!!! But for now, let's just do our work and hope for the best.

Regards to all,

Mjr_jcnj

Hi all,
I am new to this forum. My wife is the primary green card applicant and she is a Registered Nurse(RN). Our case was transferred to Newark on July 1st, 2004. The letter from Vermont says the preliminary processing has been completed and the case is transferred to Newark. Haven't received an interview letter as of today. Does anyone in this forum is an RN whose case has been transferred to Newark? If so, did you get an interview? Would like to know what were the documents they asked for. If any other members of this forum know an RN who had to go thru this process, would you please get this info for me. I really appreciate that.

Thanks

Hi, NJJ,
Thanks for your reply.
Do you know anything about the fingerprint? my case is EB1, and I have had twice fingerprint. The last time was in this June. Do you think they will still ask a additinal fingerprint before the interview?
Thanks again!

My case was transfered to NEWARK on August/10

Anyone know how long will it take to get interview. Thanks

njlady,

No, you don't need to do it again since you did it this June and it doesn't expire. Same as my case.

NJ driver licence renewal

Hello Friends,

485 transferred on July 7th 2004 to newark NJ
EAD expires on May 16th 2005.
NJ Driving Licence expires in Oct 2004
Monmouth county resident ( c/o Of Cherry Hill )

Dilemma !!!
Regarding NJ driver Licence renewal , today I received a notice from Motor Vehicle to renew my Licence with supporting documents to qualify for
6 points ID verification program.

In my case I am getting only 5 points ,which are as follows:

EAD card 3 points
Current NJ driver Licence 1 point
Bank statement 1 point.

After considering all documents , I am short of one point ,
further still awaiting for interview, without DL I cannot go to work.
So far no news from Newark , it has been 5 weeks.

Anyone in the same boat , please advise.

regards and good luck to others

mm :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
newark or cherry hill

NJJ said:
Hi, mjr_jcnj,

May I ask a question? Which county do you live when you submit your case or I should ask which county appears in your application form?

One of my friend recently mentioned that people live in some counties will be interviewed in Cherry Hill instead of Newark, unfortunately I live in one of the counties which belongs to Cherry Hill. Hopefully it is not true since I know it takes quite a while for Cherry Hill to schedule the interview.

Thanks for your information.

just want to know if bergenfield, bergen belongs to newark or cherry hill?
thanks a lot

Urgent help with 485 NIW interview at newark please !!

Hi, there,

ND 08/2002 NIW case tranfered to Newark local office July 30,2004. We did 2FP on 05/25/2004, No RFE. Got interview notice on 08/13/04, scheduled interview on 09/22/04, and asking to bring passport and I-94 documents only.

The fact is that currently I am not in US, and I dont have a job offer in US. but I have valid AP to enter. The truth is while my wife and kid are consistently staying and working in US in the past 2 years, I spent 4 months in yr 2003 and 6 months in year 2004 working on a project abroad.

I have two questions:

1. Is the passport and I-94 enough for the interview ? When asked for employment letter and paystubs, may I provide a future employment letter ( intention to work in US after approval, but no recent paystubs) to satisfy the INS requirement, as I am NIW filer ?
2. Does the employment letter has to be written and signed by department of University or it could be as well by the professor who privide the offer to me ? Anyone will share the sample of employment letter ?

Gurus, please advise ! appreciate your help and thanks in advance !!
Good luck to all of you !!