Newark local office transfer: tracker

appointment letter

Hi NJJ,

I just got an appointment letter today (Saturday). It will be on September 24, 2004 at 8:30am.

it say " Please come to the office shown below at the time and place in connection with an official matter. Reason for appointment: application for adjustment of status. Please bring all the items that are checked(x) to the interview:

this letter, your I-94(arrival/departure form), if any.

The other items like medical exam result, letter of employment, etc are NOT checked.

Any advice on how to handle this? Should I re-do my medical?

Regards,

mjr-jcnj

appointment on Sep.22

Hi,
I received the intervew letter on last friday (Aug.13) and appointment will be on Sep.22. They only asked passport and I-94 card, nothing else. My medical exam was done two years ago. My friend suggested to do the medical exam again, in case the BCIS officer may ask. Anybody has idea about this? Is it necessary to do the medical exam again before going to the interview?
It seems Newark office works very effective, and most cases are moving very fast. Does anybody like to share their experince about how to parepare the interview? Thanks a lot!
Good luck for all of us.

Hi NJLady,

Will you let me know how your interview turns out? Mine is scheduled 2 days after yours. Any help will be appreciated. and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

mjr_jcnj

Hi
Mjr-Jcnj

Congrats and Wish you all the Luck.
Thank GOD I am excited when I read that you received the interview letter.
My transfer date is one day behind you ie : July 07 2004.
From today onward I will be looking forward for my interview letter , but only concern is I am from Monmouth County - c/o Cherry hill.

Any how good luck again.

Hi
mailarvin
Thanks for the Info.

mm :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

Hi Markmurali

THANK YOU so much for the support...........fingerprinting this week and the looooooooong wait for the interview next month.......your letter should be arriving VERY soon. When I'm not expecting anything, thats when I get the letters.......Let's all keep each other posted for any developments.

Thanks again,

Mjr-jcnj

No need to redo medical

Hi
NJLADY
I do have interview this friday.But I did not do medical again.I have checked with my lawyer and he mentioned that there is no need to redo .since there is delay from their side.Infact there is law which says not to do again.
Wish you good luck.

mjr_jcnj and njlady,

Congratulations for both of you.

Below is the information I got from this forum regarding what kind of documents you should bring for the interview and be sure you make a copy for everything you bring, they may need the copy for some of the documents,

I 485
I 140
Medical
2000 TaxReturn
2001 TR
2002 TR
2003 TR
2000 W2
2001 W2
2002 W2
2003 W2
SSN card
I 94
passport
All EAD cards
Marriage Cert
Birth Cert
employment cert
affidavit of support letter
bank statements
credit card statements

Hope this hleps.

njlady, would you please let me know which county you are from? Seems Newark are really fast these days to schedule an interview, unfortunately I have no any news on mine and hopefully they don't transfer my case to cherry hill.

markmurali, have you heard any news on your case since we both live in Monmouth county. Please keep me posted once there is any progress in your case and same as me.

NJJ

Hi, markmurali,
thank you very much for the info about medical exam.

NJJ,
I live in Hudson county, which belongs to Newark office. My case was transfered to Newark on July 30, and Aug 10, the Newark Office sent me the appointment letter. Hope you do not need to wait too long. My friend lives in New York city, his case was transfered to Michigan, and he waited for almost 10 months. The cases in New Jersey are much faster.
Good luck for you.

Hi,

Case transferred to NEWARK on July 1st, 2004. Still waiting for the interview letter. Anyone else in the same boat? Did anyone try to call the Neark office? I tried, but couldn't get through. Don't know how some of us got it much faster.

NJJ, I believe your case has been transferred sometime in the 1st week of July, right?

Thanks,
s_mathew.

HI
S Mathew,

Mine was Transffered on July 7th 2004
Receipt date : April 2003

I 485 - Newark is processing Receipt dates : December 28th 2003
I 485 - Cherry Hill is processing Receipt dates : September 14th 2003

I am resident of Monmouth county - under Cherry hill office
No news so far ...
For your info.

MM

Hi Markmurali,

Thanks for your reply. My receipt dt is Dec 2002. I am a resident of UNION county, which comes under Newark. As per the processing dates mentioned in your post, our(your's and mine) cases should have been processed by now, right?

By the way, when you received the notice from INS, informing you about the transfer to local office, does it say that the initial processing has been completed from the Vermont SVC?

Thanks,
Mathew.

njlady,

Thanks for the information. Actually my case got transfered on July 19 and I haven't heard anything from Newark. Hopefully they don't transfer my case to Cherry Hill.

Keep finger crossed.

and good luck on your interview.

MM,

how and where did you get the information regarding the processing date of Newark and Cherry Hill? My receipt date is July 2002 and obviously the processing date is meaningless for us since all of us beyond the date they posted.

S_mathew, there is no use to call them. Even someone answered the phone they will never give you something useful. The only way may be try to walk in yourself. Now you can make an appointment online through info-pass. My lawyer did mention one of his customer get case transfered to Newark and heard nothing from them for about 9 months. Then he walk in to newark local office with all of the documents and the officer there is so nice, he interviewed him on spot and stamped his passport after the interview. I am trying to do the same by the end of this year or early next year if I haven't heard anything from them by that time.

Hi NJJ,

Thank you very much for the info. Didn't know about walk-ins without an interview letter.

S Mathew.

s_mathew,

I am not sure if it works every time. Maybe the guy I mentioned before is just so lucky? But anyway I want to have a try if I haven't heard anything about my case for a long time, say more than half of a year.

Hi
S_Mathew

I did not received any letter from INS and the following is the message from my case status. Did you received any official transfer letter if so please furnish the details.

Current Status:

On July 7, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Hi NJJ

The processing dates are from the UCIS web site > Home > Processing dates>District ...

Thats all,

MM

Hi, MM,

Thanks for that. Then the question is if it is for family based I485 or employment based?

Regarding the transfer message, I got the same from my online case status and my lawyer did receive a formal transfer notice from vermont INS, I haven't taken a look at it. I may ask him to fax a copy to me.

Hi MM,

My case status online says exactly what your's say. But they also sent a notice of action to my lawyer, which says-

"Preliminary processing of your application or petition has been completed, and it has been transferred to the INS office at Newark, NJ(with the address, tel etc..).

That office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application or petition. Any further inquiries should be made to that office. "

Regards,
S Mathew
(SM)