Newark local office transfer: tracker

hi

Mathew

Me nor My attorney received any formal letter.

NJJ
It seems processing dates at district level for I 485 is for all catagories.

regards
MM

NJJ said:
mjr_jcnj and njlady,

Congratulations for both of you.

Below is the information I got from this forum regarding what kind of documents you should bring for the interview and be sure you make a copy for everything you bring, they may need the copy for some of the documents,

I 485
I 140
Medical
2000 TaxReturn
2001 TR
2002 TR
2003 TR
2000 W2
2001 W2
2002 W2
2003 W2
SSN card
I 94
passport
All EAD cards
Marriage Cert
Birth Cert
employment cert
affidavit of support letter
bank statements
credit card statements

Hope this hleps.

njlady, would you please let me know which county you are from? Seems Newark are really fast these days to schedule an interview, unfortunately I have no any news on mine and hopefully they don't transfer my case to cherry hill.

markmurali, have you heard any news on your case since we both live in Monmouth county. Please keep me posted once there is any progress in your case and same as me.

NJJ
Hi NJJ,

My 485 ND is 04/01/2004.
It got transfered to Newark, NJ office on 07/19/2004 ,
got FP appointment letter on 08/18/2004 and FP sheduled on 09/07/04,
got interview letter on 08/19/04 stating that Interview is on Wednesday 09/27/04. Please let me know what is affidavit of support letter and please provide me the format.
Do I need to take passport for FP, since I sent it for H1 stamping in USA

Thanks
NJ_VIJ

Hi, NJ_VIJ,

Since I got this information from this forum and I personally haven't experience regarding the interview, I am not quite sure what it is and why we need that. I guess the affidavit of support is form I-134 for spouse who is not the primary applicant. When I file the I-485 application we fill out the form I-134 for my spouse. Just my guess.

As to the passport, I am not sure if it is OK for the interview without passport. But anyway your passport should be stamped after the interview, without passport how your passport can be stamped? My suggestion is to ask your lawyer about this.

May I ask a question, which county are you live in? Mine got transfered on July 19 and so far I haven't heard anything from Newark.

Thx

NJJ

NJ_VIJ said:
Hi NJJ,

My 485 ND is 04/01/2004.
It got transfered to Newark, NJ office on 07/19/2004 ,
got FP appointment letter on 08/18/2004 and FP sheduled on 09/07/04,
got interview letter on 08/19/04 stating that Interview is on Wednesday 09/27/04. Please let me know what is affidavit of support letter and please provide me the format.
Do I need to take passport for FP, since I sent it for H1 stamping in USA

Thanks
NJ_VIJ

Is your 485 ND in 2004 or 2003? (Just wondering!)

My 485 and 140 ND was 04/01/2004 and
I got RFE for my I140 on 04/16/2004
I-140 got approved on 07/19/2004

Thanks
NJ_VIJ

Hi NJJ,

I am in MiddleSex County, NJ, you are right we need Passport for interview, my interview notice clearly says that bring passport and I-94. My question was is passport required for FP?

Any one please can help me in answer this?. Do I need to take passport for FP, since I sent it for H1 stamping in USA, it will take a while to come back. But the fingerprint notice says that EAD should be fine. I have EAD and NJ valid drivers licence.

Thanks
NJ_VIJ

NJ_VIJ,

I believe they need to see only a picture ID for FP. So, a valid NJ license should be fine. Hope the address on the license is same as that on the petition.

Regs,
S Mathew
(SM)

Newark fingerprinting

NJJ,

did you get a ltter from Newark yet? hope you did already.

Newark fingerprinting Thurs appt at 12noon: arrived at the Newark office at 11am but was told to come back at about 11:45 - showed my New Jersey driver's license - they check if the letter and your ID matches. Waited for my turn for about 30 mins, had my fingerprint done and thats it. Now, VERY nervous about my interview next month, hope everything goes well. Good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!

mjr_jcnj

Hi
Group ( ETZ , NOORI,PINGRAMC )
Information was very very good from this thread. Interview went well and my case approved.I would recommend collect as many document as possible.
My next search will be to find out when and how to get actual physical Green card in hand.Let me know if there is any other thread to track such information.
Wish you good Luck .
By

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi anilmaurya,

Congratulations!! Now sit back and relax. You have one year to get your original card, right? From the experience of others in this thread, it shouldn't take that long.

Could you give us a brief description about the interview process? What all documents they asked you? Did they ask for new medicals?

Regs,
S Mathew
(SM)

mjr_jcnj,

No I have not heard anything from Newark. So maybe they really transfer my case to Cherry Hill :-< since a lot of guys whose case transfered after mine had already got interview notice. I am kind of nervous too and have no idea about how long we should wait to get the interview letter. Keep finger crossed.

anilmaurya

Congratulations. You really make it and enjoy your freedom now.

Hi NJJ,

I'm sure you'll get it soon, when you least expect it. I'm going to have a meeting with my lawyer when he comes back from vacation and see if what needs to be done, he told me before that it's just a regular interview and he's not needed there but I would rather take him with me. That would cost me at least $1000. What would you do if you get your interview notice?

Regards,

mjr_jcnj

NJJ said:
mjr_jcnj,

No I have not heard anything from Newark. So maybe they really transfer my case to Cherry Hill :-< since a lot of guys whose case transfered after mine had already got interview notice. I am kind of nervous too and have no idea about how long we should wait to get the interview letter. Keep finger crossed.

anilmaurya

Congratulations. You really make it and enjoy your freedom now.

s_mathew said:
NJ_VIJ,

I believe they need to see only a picture ID for FP. So, a valid NJ license should be fine. Hope the address on the license is same as that on the petition.

Regs,
S Mathew
(SM)
Hi S Mathew,

Thanks for your answer, I sent my passport for H1B stamping, which got back without H1 VISa stamping. The reason they said that because of 221G immigration law and they writen my old visa that it was cancelled - without prejudge.

I have my 485 interview on 09/29, can you please let me know will my H1B stamping rejection will affect my GC.

Regards
NJJ_VIJ

Hi anilmaurya,

Congrats...!!! Enjoy the sense of freedom ....

Next,Start looking in the Plastic Card tracker...

I got stamped on Jul/23 I haven't rcvd Plastic Card + USCIS case status hasn't changed, still it show, case transfered to newark........

Hi
S_MATHEW
By the way mine is on Employment based .My lawyer did not come with us since he was out of country.So he gave me list of document to give officer.No need to redo medical.
1. Last three year TAX filling.
2. All pay stubs for current year.
3. GC type photos .
4. All pervious EADs.
5. Employment letter from employer formatted as per lawyer.

I am working with same employer since last 6 years.Officer asked following questions....
What is your salary ? How many hours you work a day ? since when you started working ? when did you arrive first in USA ? What was your status when you first came in country ? which company sponsered your H1 ? How long u being at current address ? why you keep moving different part of country ? ( explained him that my company has small assigment at each location) Do u have driver id ? ...so on ...alot question . Fortunately all answeres were ok with him.

Wish you all good luck.

485 -File Transfer to Newark NJ

My case was transferred on 8/20/04. how long it takes to get a interview letter & do you hv to go with your lawyer?

anilmaurya said:
Hi
S_MATHEW
By the way mine is on Employment based .My lawyer did not come with us since he was out of country.So he gave me list of document to give officer.No need to redo medical.
1. Last three year TAX filling.
2. All pay stubs for current year.
3. GC type photos .
4. All pervious EADs.
5. Employment letter from employer formatted as per lawyer.

I am working with same employer since last 6 years.Officer asked following questions....
What is your salary ? How many hours you work a day ? since when you started working ? when did you arrive first in USA ? What was your status when you first came in country ? which company sponsered your H1 ? How long u being at current address ? why you keep moving different part of country ? ( explained him that my company has small assigment at each location) Do u have driver id ? ...so on ...alot question . Fortunately all answeres were ok with him.

Wish you all good luck.

To NJ_VIJ

Hi NJ_VIJ,

Yes, they are not doing the visa re-validation here anymore. What was the expiration date on your visa? BTW, what is 221G immigration law?

I hope you have an EAD, so that you can continue to work. It doesn't matter whether your H1 is valid anymore or not. Once you file the I-485, you are an adjustee and can work with an EAD. So, it shouldn't be a problem when you go for your interview. The advantage of having an H1 while your 485 is pending is, you can travel w/o an advance parole.

Regards,
S Mathew.

Please spend some time reading all previous entries in this thread.They will give you all ur answeres.
Ansere 1: I think that depends on your lawyers judgement call.
Ansere 2: read all pervious entry , you will be able to make out .
good luck

To anilmaurya

Hi anilmaurya,

Thanks for the details about your interview.

BTW, what is the new photo requirement? Is it frontal view? How many you need? Also, is it a must that you should have all your old EADs? Did the officer ask you for all the docs you took with you?

Regs,
S Mathew.

Most Important
Officer asked me what is my job description ? Can you describe your typical day to day activity ? Make sure this matches with your labour certificate.
Also make sure your driver ID is clean , no violation.
Make sure expiration date on ur passport is clear ,I had argument since he was saying my wifes passport was expired.He was reading 2007 as 2002 .In india people write # 7 as 7 then it crossed in middle.which he was interpelating as 2.He went inside and convinced as 7.

Photo requirement is same the one u submit with I-485.Don't remember which facing.One with one ear and eye.2 for each applicant.You should bring all pervious EADS.oHH...man I had 50 pound bag with me.Infact all document whatever I thought.I have gone thru this thread and compiled list for me.God knows what he ask !!
We have 1 kid and 1 baby. they born here .so they no need GC.We put them in baby sitting.That was great other wise it would be discomfort.
He also asked question to my wife too.