Newark local office transfer: tracker

GC Approved

Hi All,

We got our gc approved on 23rd July. The officer stamped the passport for 1 year. We will be receiving the permanent residence card in a few months.

Our experience was good at the newark office. We had to wait for atleast
1 1/2 - 2 hours. When we were finally called in, the officer mentioned that he was going through our file and thats why it took so long. The officer was very nice. Even though they did not ask us to bring any documents other than I94 and passport, we took all the documents. Sure enough, he asked for current employer letter and 3 years tax returns with W2s. We had those as our lawyer had specifically said to carry it with us. He asked what is the job that the applicant does and last country of residence. He also asked for latest medical if any and we said we didnt get medical done again. He then approved the application and stamped the passports. The officer was very nice and was doing his job well.

Please note its important to take your tax returns with w2s, paystubs, employer letters and medical if you have it. Please make copies of all of them and keep in a file. Put the originals away,but carry them with you, they only need copies of most documents except the employer letter. That they need the original. Just be calm at all times. Kids ease the tension during the interview so in a way its good if they ask you to bring kids. I dont know if you can take them if not specifically asked to. Make sure your cell phones are off or on silent.

Another tip, there is a parking lot on broad street next to a deli. The parking lot is on the right if you are coming from Lincoln Park rd towards Broad street. Its immediately after a light. The charges are only 4 dollars for the whole day. I think the person who runs it can use the business so park there if u can. From there you have to walk atleast 4-5 blocks but thats not too far.

Thank you all for wishes. Hope all you get it soon. Good luck.

Hi anilmaurya,

Regarding the I-693 ( Medical Tests), it was NOT asked in the Interview letter, they just asked the Passport + I-94 Card only. My attorney told me to take the Updated medicals, just in case if they ask.

In my case they did asked us and we gave to them.

Give_ME_Peace,

Congrats on your stamping...!! Best of luck.

etz & Noori,

Best of Luck, Sure We will pray for you guys...!!! Don't worry things will go fine for you guys.

give_me_peace, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

pingramc, thank you for support. How long does it takes to receive medical result?

Hi ETZ,

Regarding the medical Test, we did the test on a Friday and we got the results on Monday (Eve), If you are going to the same doctor who did your test earlier, then it's easier for him to update the shots history.

Thank you all

Give me peace ,
Your information is too good.It made me feel better.There is nothing mentioned about kids and baby in our letter, so we are thinking to put them for baby sit.We don't want any kind of attention diversion ( frustration ) during interview.We will cary their birth certificate if they ask about them ( they born here in US ).
Thank you.

Pingramc ,
I will take updated Medical record, just play very safe. Thank you.

pingramc,
thank you for the information. But I cannot go to the same doctor, she was in the other state.

No need doctor check up again

Hi
ET Z
I checked with my lawyer, he said if you have done already then you don't need to do again.It is law now, No need to redo again since it is INS which delayed.
Even went to Doctor , Her nurse said if you have done then NO need to do again.If INS has any other question beside normal check up then they might ask you and you can send to local office within 120 days with attention to that officer.
Even my interview letter says only passport and I-94.So i have decided not to do again.
What your thoughts ?

Hi ETZ & anilmaurya ,

When they sent the I'view letter, it asked us to bring only I-94 & Passport. You don't need to do Medicals again... why I did was, JUST IN CASE if they ask... But in my case they specifically asked.

After waiting for years .. I don't want to delay my process further... that's the another reason for it...

Hi Every body

It seems every friday they schedule interview. Who is having interview on this Friday ? I wish you Good luck.

God bless you

HEY ETZ
i am confused 2 ...my lawyer said i dont need to re-do medicals ...just take the old copy,but unfourtuanately my dr is on vacation so i am doing a new medical..i am just confused and scared tht if i dont then it might cause another delay....helpppppppppppppp

Hi noori,
don't you have a copy of your old medical? Because I do. And I am going to take the old copy. Check copies you have at home, it should be there.

Still waiting

Hi All,

Still waiting for the inteview/fingerpringint letter from the Newark office. I-485 was transferred July 6, 2004. Hope it will arrive soon, driving me nuts already. Good luck to all though havent seen any approvals in Newark this week.

ET Z,
Have you had your interview already? And if so, were you approved? Let us know details.

Thanks!

1040 at the interview?

Folks,

Did any of you ever hear whether tax form 1040 asked at the the interview?

Thanks in advance!

Still waiting for reply

hi Markmurali,

will do, man, any developments , please post, hopefully soon for all of us here